How often do you eat fast food?

I never eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys or any fast food place like that, but I do eat burritos from small, family run places quite frequently.

Being a small business owner, I like to support small businesses.

couple three times a week but usually something small and never the sides and sodas.

Same.

Whatever is on the 'two fer' special.

(I suspect most of the others here are telling fibs.)

Today I received a coupon for Casey's pizza...so I'm on the look out for a Casey's in northern Illinois that a truck can get into. :113:

I am a cheapskate when it comes to eating out. I go for the bare bottom of the menu. I do the two fer breakfast thing when it is something I like. The Hardee's sausage biscuits usually. I don't eat the tops of bread/buns/biscuits and often not the bottom either. Bread is one of those triggers for my GERD to go into over drive. I can sometimes sneak in slice but that is about it. After that I get that knot in my chest feeling thing going on. It makes it easy to not eat out when it makes you feel like you are about to die. Italian is off limits to me completely unless I do at home and can control what goes in and I haven't had a proper steak in at least 5 years for the same reason. I find it easier to manage my issue with diet and spacing the no no meals far apart when I cheat as opposed to meds as the latter may work but make me constantly nauseous.

A high fat low carb diet works the best for us; we do a half-assed Keto thing, cut out most of the bread and sugar, but still eat some carbs now and then like on burger buns and toast at breakfast; we eat steamed veggies and a piece of chicken or steak with no bread a lot of meals we make at home, and avoid rice and cereals and potatoes, and substitute onion rings for fries at the burger joints. No soft drinks, except maybe sugar and caffeine free ginger ale and root beer, but mostly water.

If you have a uncontrollable sweet tooth, Russell Stover makes a few kinds of chocolate candy with Stevia instead of sugar. I like their almond bar and dark Pecan Delight. They also have some peanut butter cup and coconut stuff as well. It's still high calorie, so don't get too addicted.
You might try Lindt 90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate bars. It is truly a delicious Swiss chocolate MADE IN THE USA.

0423211722a.jpg

They come 10 pieces per bar. I break them off in pairs and eat 2/3 of a serving at a time. If you don't drink anything cold as you chew, it quickly melts in your mouth.

I've tried just about all of the Lindt and Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars. This is my favorite. Dark chocolate is a healthy snack.

Once every couple months maybe a Culvers. Can't stand BK or McDonald's. Used to love it, but the meat doesn't seem like meat anymore and too damn salty.

Forum List

Back