How often do you eat fast food?

Occasionally. I eat just about anything edible and don't worry about it.

There's an excellent Korean carry-out nearby.

I get Boston Market 2 times a week usually. I get a half chicken and 2 sides of spinach. They give you a coupon that you can use for the coming Saturday to buy one meal and a drink and get another meal free. They also give you another coupon for 15% off. So basically I spend about 23 bucks for 3 good size meals.

I used to hit up chipotle, but I stopped because they really don’t give you much bang for the buck, the double steak meal I get costs 16 bucks and I’m always still hungry after I finish

How often do you eat fast food?

Maybe once a month I'll grab something from Subway or Chick-Fil-A. I like their Spicy Chicken Sandwich, but that aside, I can't remember the last time I set foot in a McDonald's, Burger King, etc other than just grab a cup of coffee when I'm traveling for work or something.

I try to do "healthy" fast food when I eat out, but once a week I'll hit Popeye's for a chicken sandwich, or maybe Long John Silver's, the burger joints are gross and give me an upset stomach.

I'm also finding myself buying Beyond Meat more and more in the grocery store.

However, I do like places like this one:

couple three times a week but usually something small and never the sides and sodas.

Same.

Whatever is on the 'two fer' special.

(I suspect most of the others here are telling fibs.)

Today I received a coupon for Casey's pizza...so I'm on the look out for a Casey's in northern Illinois that a truck can get into. :113:

My father would not touch a national fast food chain store product. But would eat fast local sandwiches and pizza. People have their tastes.

I get a stuffed potato once a week or once every two weeks. I pick up tacos once every two weeks. Of course, since it's just me then when I cook it's also (vegetables) tacos but whatever. Once a month or every two months then it's Chinese, Thai or sushi. Also, I eat a lot of Amy's or quinoa bowls that are frozen. I will pick up a chicken sandwich. I do dishes when I run out of silverware and coffee cups except for when i cook tacos. It's perfect. I cook when my kid comes home.

By 'fast food' I am assuming you are referring to big-chain franchises like McDonalds. Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Buger King, etc. I do a lot of driving and often go to one or two of those places each week but I opt for the 'value' menu where I get a small drink and cheapo burger for under $5. (Jack in the Box tacos are a guilty pleasure of mine too) I also go to the local taco place where I can get 2 street tacos for $5. Sometimes I go to Panda and get a stir fry bowl with noodles too. We just got a Chick Fila but it's so packed it takes 20 minutes to get a sandwich. I just don't eat very much each time because the regular meals have way to much for me. I like to cook so most times I prefer making my own meal when home though. I don't gain weight easily luckily, but, I also don't eat big portions.

Last edited:
Interesting feedback. Cooking seems to be a lost art. We cook a healthy breakfast, take out the juicer for lunch, and a light dinner. At 89 I feel great. I do everything I always did just at a slower pace. Most Americans don't realize how a good diet really affects how you feel and your frame of mind. I fear the fast food paradise we have is really hurting this nation tons more than any political issue out there.

It's not trendy to say so these days, but the 'fast food' of today isn't a lot different than what you buy at the stores; same breads, same lettuce, same chicken, same rice, etc. They just have theirs standardized for cost and prep. There also seems to be a lot of variety in quality from one place to the next, in the same chain. I only go to a certain Whataburger, and when I have time a certain 'gourmet burger' One Joint Joe place for burgers, Chic Fila for chicken sandwiches and Rasinf Cane for chicken fingers, and Taco Casa for tacos and nachos. Used to go to a certain Dairy Queen all the time, but they finally closed, the owner died and the kids didn't want the place. The restaurants are still 'fast food', but the ones we like are all locals, not chains, BBQ, steakhouses, German, an old fashioned 'diner' that is always crowded from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., except for an afternoon lull around 2 to 4, when we hit it.

Good Tex Mex is harder to find than anything else, don't go near Chinese, but I will eat Vietnamese spring rolls all day, also hard to find good ones of those.

Interesting feedback. Cooking seems to be a lost art. We cook a healthy breakfast, take out the juicer for lunch, and a light dinner. At 89 I feel great. I do everything I always did just at a slower pace. Most Americans don't realize how a good diet really affects how you feel and your frame of mind. I fear the fast food paradise we have is really hurting this nation tons more than any political issue out there.

We cook at least once a day, but rarely all three meals every day, maybe every other day. Some stuff is actually cheaper to eat out than make at home, like fish, at least around here it seems that way.

Good for you! I love to cook but I also love fast food. The 'trick' is to not eat too much. I would rather have a small portion of great tasting food than huge portions of no-fat, low sodium, 'healthy' food. (Just an example, not saying you eat like that) It's just what I like, others, of course, have differing opinions and, if it works, I say good for them and more power to them. I'm just a few years younger than you. I feel good, just chain sawed, bucked, split and stacked 2 cords of oak in the course of a day's work on my back 40..

Last edited:
I get a Chick-fil-A Egg White Grill about once a month. My daughter works for CfA and gives me several "Be Our Guest" cards at a time...some for salads or sandwiches and others for breakfast items. I've zeroed in on the breakfast cards and become a fan of the Egg White Grill. Whenever I run out of cards, I just drop a hint and she replenishes my stash.

Also about once a month, I get a large Snicker Blizzard from DQ as a reward for maintaining my weight or dropping a pound or two.

Otherwise I fix my own meals at home. Whole Grain Cream of Wheat, Eggs, fish, chicken, cheeses, fruits, veggies, berries, beans, nuts, hot peppers, Dave's 21 Whole Grain Killer Bread, hint-of-salt whole grain crackers, Tostitos Multi-grain Scoops, Wickles, Duke's Lite Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Fresh Ground Black Peppercorns, spices, Dark Chocolates, and of course...red wines.

When I am in Los Angeles I will get a hotdog from Pinks, and a burger from Tommy's, so figure once a year, but two lunches in a row.

Sounds like most everyone here is doing a good job of eating and staying active. Eating right is not easy. It takes commitment. But the payoffs are huge. Happy Friday everyone.

A high fat low carb diet works the best for us; we do a half-assed Keto thing, cut out most of the bread and sugar, but still eat some carbs now and then like on burger buns and toast at breakfast; we eat steamed veggies and a piece of chicken or steak with no bread a lot of meals we make at home, and avoid rice and cereals and potatoes, and substitute onion rings for fries at the burger joints. No soft drinks, except maybe sugar and caffeine free ginger ale and root beer, but mostly water.

If you have a uncontrollable sweet tooth, Russell Stover makes a few kinds of chocolate candy with Stevia instead of sugar. I like their almond bar and dark Pecan Delight. They also have some peanut butter cup and coconut stuff as well. It's still high calorie, so don't get too addicted.

Last edited:
Today I received a coupon for Casey's pizza...so I'm on the look out for a Casey's in northern Illinois that a truck can get into. :113:

20210422_185819(1).jpg

:dance:

That's awesome, good for you. :bowdown::thup:

Fast food is slowly killing Americans, and in moderation its okay, but never every day.

Forum List

Back