How much ya'll paying......

Bird flu has hit the poultry and egg market. Prices on eggs will be inflated all year.

Egg prices are hitting records, driven by an avian-influenza outbreak that has killed tens of millions of chickens and turkeys this year across nearly all 50 states.

Wholesale prices of Midwest large eggs hit a record $5.36 a dozen in December, according to the research firm Urner Barry. Retail egg prices have increased more than any other supermarket item so far this year, climbing more than 30% from January to early December compared with the same period a year earlier, and outpacing overall food and beverage prices, according to the data firm Information Resources Inc.
The same rag that predicted Trump would crash the market by the end of January 2016.

Gee, you are right on top of things. RME. Minimum wage has been increasing for the last two year--since the BLM/Antifa riots. Do you think the current increases from two days ago are going to reduce inflation? Wake up.
Businesses raise their minimum wage in a tight labor market which has been the case for the last two years. In general, government increases in minimum wage has a minimal effect on businesses and affects less than 1 in 10 employees. They’re a number factors that cause inflation, cost of labor being one of them. However, minimum wage increases are negligible compared to the imbalance in the supply demand curve we have had in the labor market.

Last edited:
Businesses raise their minimum wage in a tight labor market
The labor market wasn't tight in 2018 when all of this minimum wage garbage started. I am fully aware of the supply and demand aspects of the labor market. This jump was excessive and uncalled for. The result was definitely a driver of inflation, especially in unskilled markets. To suggest anything else is either intentionally diversionary or naive.

Nice pipe dream. As long as the democrats keep increasing the minimum wage, inflation will not go down, no matter what the Fed does. WA minimum wage Jan 1, $15.74. Seattle--$18 and change.
Then how do explain the fact that the inflation rate topped out in July 2022 at 9.1% and fell throughout the remainder of the year to a low of 7.1% while minimum wage increased in 24 states in 2022.

Then how do explain the fact that the inflation rate topped out in July 2022 at 9.1% and fell throughout the remainder of the year to a low of 7.1% while minimum wage increased in 24 states in 2022.
YAWN, you just keep chasing that pipe dream. I've become bored with your failure to recognize reality. The minimum wage in WA and CA started increasing in 2019--what was the inflation rate then? ~3.5%. The inflation rate after the increases were taking effect was, as you admit 9.1%. Is that an increase in inflation? Thank you. Now sit down.

The labor market wasn't tight in 2018 when all of this minimum wage garbage started. I am fully aware of the supply and demand aspects of the labor market. This jump was excessive and uncalled for. The result was definitely a driver of inflation, especially in unskilled markets. To suggest anything else is either intentionally diversionary or naive.
Minimum wage increases did not start in 2018. In fact, between 2013 and 2018, minimum wage increased in 36 states while inflation increased for 2.1 to 2.4%. In 2018 minimum wage increased in 19 states while inflation when down for 2.4% to. 1.8%.

Last edited:
Eggs are at least $3.60-ish/diz. I'm not even buying any. Nope, not at those prices.

Electric bill is suddenly 50% higher. That's bad. :(

Eggs are at least $3.60-ish/diz. I'm not even buying any. Nope, not at those prices.

Electric bill is suddenly 50% higher. That's bad. :(

Get you some chickens.........do you raise your own beef? That is already priced out of most peoples budget.

Everything has gone up. A few months ago when my car insurance policy renewed, it went up $100 per month. I called to find out why because there was supposed to be a new law about basing insurance on your credit rating, but was still being fought in the courts and not enacted yet. They said nope, just across the board rate increase. WTF???

Concerned American did you have something similar happen with your car insurance going up????

Get you some chickens.........do you raise your own beef? That is already priced out of most peoples budget.

Everything has gone up. A few months ago when my car insurance policy renewed, it went up $100 per month. I called to find out why because there was supposed to be a new law about basing insurance on your credit rating, but was still being fought in the courts and not enacted yet. They said nope, just across the board rate increase. WTF???

Concerned American did you have something similar happen with your car insurance going up????
I did. It wasn't the first time. GEICO tried to do it on my motorcycle a few years ago and they gave me the same "across the board" BS, so I went to Progressive. A couple of years ago, they tried it again on my auto insurance citing the new WA credit rating bill that never took affect--I went to Progressive again--they didn't implement an increase. IDK what is going on with GEICO, but they are driving me away after being with them for nearly 30 years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back