How much would you spend?

Zhukov said:
I'm pretty sure there are plans for after dinner, but why do you recommend HoB?

Specifically the HoB Foundation Room.

The foundation room is on top of Mandalay Bay and has awesome views of the strip. Also, being a private club, it is quite interesting. You will usually see some very interesting people up there. Especially on a Friday night. I just thought it might be a neat experience. All the private rooms are really nice, the drinks are great and the atmosphere is a blast. All the pretty people hang out there and being private, it really makes you feel like a VIP!

Here's some info on it:

http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/lasvegas/foundationroom.asp

Las Vegas Foundation Room
The Las Vegas Foundation Room, located high a top Mandalay Bay, provides a breath-taking view of the Las Vegas Strip. Members experience private access to our fine dining restaurant, exotic lounge, four secluded rooms, and banquet space. The room reveals a higher state of living in an eclectic atmosphere.

The Buddah and Ganesh "Prayer" Rooms
The Buddah and Ganesh "Prayer" Rooms are tucked away behind our lounge and are reserved for intimate dinners for six to eight guests or small informal cocktail receptions. The serene aura in both Buddah and Ganesh makes these our most desirable rooms.

The Gothic and 1856 Rooms
The Gothic and 1856 Rooms are for private dinner parties of ten to twelve guests and are adjacent to our main dining room. Dining in one of these two rooms provides the stately elegance of a dining room, yet privacy for birthday or anniversary celebrations.

Foundation Dining Room
The Foundation Dining Room encased in the original paneling from the Kellog Family estate, is dimly lit from antique chandeliers that reflect off of the gold leaf ceiling. Our roof-top patio beckons to patrons with the delight of outside dining while they witness the lights of Vegas come to life.

The Foundation Lounge and Bar
In the Foundation Lounge, members gather around the fireplace on plush sofas to entertain both socially and for business. D.J. entertainment on weekends encourages a more lively vibe and members often gather in the "Media" (audio-visual) room to catch a glimpse of a House of Blues artist in concert.

Are you talking NEXT Friday or tonight?

And I remember seeing that club on top of the hotel last time I was there.

I assumed that was a penthouse of some sort, reserved for VVVIP's.

That's got to be a damn nice view of the city.

I found this when I "googled" degustation at Emerils....someone had the meal of their ;lifetime:

EMERIL'S DEGUSTATION
November 20, 1995

Chef Emeril Lagasse's degustation menu, a seven-course tasting menu that changes daily, is one of the finest dining experiences one could have, in my humble opinion. If you're ever in New Orleans, go to Emeril's, order the degustation and just let him feed you.

Amuse Bouche:
Homemade Hog's Head Cheese on Goat Cheese Crouton

Smoked Atlantic Salmon and Spinach Cakes with
Choupiquette Caviar, Traditional Garnishes,
Infused Oils and a Chive Sour Cream

Pan Seared Scallops with a Saffron Asparagus
Risotto, Fried Spinach, Parmesan Cheese and a
Saffron Tomato Broth

1994 King Estate Oregon Pinot Gris

Pan Crispy Flounder with a Lump Crab and
Wild & Exotic Mushroom Relish, Shaved Black Winter
Truffles, a Drizzle of Red Pepper Paint and a
Lemon Truffle Butter Sauce

1993 Puligny-Montrachet, Joseph Drouhin

Roulade of Magret Duck Breast filled with an Avocado and
Fig Duxelle on a Bed of Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
topped with Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras
and a Port Wine Blackberry-Strawberry Reduction Sauce

1992 Sky Mt. Veeder Zinfandel

Roasted Lamb Chop with Truffle Mashed Bourbon Sweet
Potatoes, Apple Mint Relish, Fresh Rosemary and a
Lamb Reduction Sauce

1991 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Assorted Chicory Farms Cheese, Toasted Walnut
and Raisin Bread with a Cranberry Orange Gastrique

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream, Raspberry
Sauce and Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Sauce

Lagniappe:
An Assortment of Emeril's Creole Bonbons,
with a Drizzle of Chocolate Sauce.

With the dessert we ordered a Fonseca 20 Year Old Tawny Port, and the lagniappe came when the waiter asked us how we enjoyed the meal, and my dining companion Rich Hawkins replied, "Disappointed." The waiter was shocked. "How were you disappointed?" he asked incredulously. "I'm disappointed that it's over, and that there are no more courses!" replied Rich. "Hmmmmm," mused the waiter. "There could be ... there could be another course ..." And lo and behold, there was!

The price for this meal was seventy-five dollars, and an additional forty-five dollars for the specially chosen wine package. It was the most money I had ever spent on a single meal up until that time (the price had gone up a bit since the last time I had had the degustation), but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a meal quite so much in my life.

Zhukov said:
And I remember seeing that club on top of the hotel last time I was there.

I assumed that was a penthouse of some sort, reserved for VVVIP's.

That's got to be a damn nice view of the city.

It is an awesome view of the city!

I'll have to try the one at the Luxor Fmr.... sounds good!

Fmr jarhead said:
Yeah...you should have paid 1000 in tax too, because you are rich!!!!!

Good meal, I bet., and I would be willing to bet you did not have Merlot or White Zin.

nah wife is the one with the cash, not me, i grew up dirt poor ....cab and she doesn't drink....sweet

Smith and Wollensky is the most I have ever spent on a meal, but also the best restaurant meal I have ever had. I took my wife there for a special night out, I think it was tax refund day or something...so George W. Bush basically bought us dinner the way I see it.

With a couple of drinks, nice bottle of wine, Tower of Seafood appetizer (best appetizer ever!), steak and lobster, desserts and tip, I think we spent $350. I still have fond memories of that dinner though, so it was worth it to me. Obviously not something I would do very often, but what a meal that was!

I'm with Mr. P though...cooking is my favorite hobby, and if the right ingredients are available, I can make a comparably good meal at home for a lot less. I really enjoy the process of creating a great meal from scratch.

The process of relaxing at a nice restaurant over a few drinks with friends and/or a loved one and letting the pros do the work has its place in life too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back