How much debt is too much

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
You libs never can provide an answer so here's another chance

current debt 17 T
when obama leaves office 20 T

At what point must the govt stop spending more than it takes in?

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

There will be no way back to fiscal sanity after Barry achieves his goal of destroying capitalism, and big government, is the ruling force. This design has been in effect since our first president with a Ph.D, Woodrow Wilson, was elected.

Intellectuals do not for good and sound, politics, make...

come on sallow, RW, jake-------------weigh in. How much debt is too much?

When the interest on the debt consumes the entire revenue of the govt, is that your answer?

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

Here's a question for you. How will we pay it off without raising taxes or devaluing our currency?

And I don't suppose you noticed that Bush doubled the national debt, too. "Reagan proved deficits don't matter."

Last edited:
When you take advantage of a tax deduction, you are contributing to higher tax rates and the national debt.

Don't kid yourself into believing you are pure as the driven snow. You helped build that shit sandwich. Now it is time to take a bite.

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

Here's a question for you. How will we pay it off without raising taxes or devaluing our currency?

And I don't suppose you noticed that Bush doubled the national debt, too.

good question, whats your answer?

yes he did. is it only bad when republicans do it?

I want an answer, how much is too much?

When the interest on the debt consumes the entire revenue of the govt, is that your answer?

The U.S. "debt" MUST grow at least as much as the growth in annual GDP. This is the only way to maintain a reasonable balance in the money supply. The primary reason we had a financial crisis is that monetary growth during the Bush era (through deficit spending) primarily went into "imaginary" security instruments, and the value of those collapsed--thereby destroying a good sized hunk of the money supply. Debt creation since then was essential to restore the money supply and revive economic circulation. The only problem is that we have created too little debt, and the money supply remains tight for the productive labor class.

I'm sorry you can't grasp any of this, right wingers.

When you take advantage of a tax deduction, you are contributing to higher tax rates and the national debt.

Don't kid yourself into believing you are pure as the driven snow. You helped build that shit sandwich. Now it is time to take a bite.

true, both parties wrote the tax code, mostly dems since they have controlled congress for most of the last 75 years. But yes, its a problem that we all need to face.

So, once again, at what point should the govt stop spending more than it takes in?

The U.S. "debt" MUST grow at least as much as the growth in annual GDP. This is the only way to maintain a reasonable balance in the money supply. The primary reason we had a financial crisis is that monetary growth during the Bush era (through deficit spending) primarily went into "imaginary" security instruments, and the value of those collapsed--thereby destroying a good sized hunk of the money supply. Debt creation since then was essential to restore the money supply and revive economic circulation. The only problem is that we have created too little debt, and the money supply remains tight for the productive labor class.

I'm sorry you can't grasp any of this, right wingers.

yeah, you're right, horseshit is very hard to grasp.

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

No we all know that is that the rationale for continuing the trend Bush did it to? Using that logic who ever follows Obama gets to continue it because he did. There is no easy painless way to pay off 17 trillion in debt and counting that's the price you pay for allowing that to happen.

Last edited:

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

No we all know that is that the rationale for continuing the trend Bush did it to? Using that logic who ever follows Obama gets to continue it because he did.

candidate obama said that increasing the debt was unpatriotic and a failure of leadership.

current debt 17 T

25 T
50 T
100 T

?

A dollar is too much. But I don't believe being a pessimistic whiner is helpful. I believe if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. So stop whining and start providing solutions.

If nothing changes, then sooner or later we are going to have to devalue the currency and/or raise taxes on everyone.

There is a much smarter way to lower our debt. We simply need to ban all tax expenditures and raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to at least 70, and index the eligibility age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

These two things would provide the government with so much surplus cash we'd be arguing over what to do with it all.

I would suggest it be used to lower tax rates for everyone, but leaving enough cash to start paying off the national debt in big chunks. Once the debt is paid off, lower tax rates even more.

A dollar is too much. But I don't believe being a pessimistic whiner is helpful. I believe if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. So stop whining and start providing solutions.

If nothing changes, then sooner or later we are going to have to devalue the currency and/or raise taxes on everyone.

There is a much smarter way to lower our debt. We simply need to ban all tax expenditures and raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to at least 70, and index the eligibility age to 9 percent of the population going forward.

These two things would provide the government with so much surplus cash we'd be arguing over what to do with it all.

I would suggest it be used to lower tax rates for everyone, but leaving enough cash to start paying off the national debt in big chunks. Once the debt is paid off, lower tax rates even more.

OK, those are some ideas, but you are still dodging the basic question. How much national debt is too much?

OK, those are some ideas, but you are still dodging the basic question. How much national debt is too much?

What part of "A dollar is too much" do you need translated into Partisan Hack?

Last edited:

What part of "A dollar is too much" do you need translated into Partisan Hack?

OK, good. So you will oppose any attempts by obama and the dems to raise the debt ceiling next year, right?

will you vote against any congressmen or senators who vote to raise the debt ceiling?

Forum List

Back