How many weeks do Federal Civil Service Employees work a year.

TooTall

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2013
A Federal Civil Service woman who gives birth with 15 years service gets 26 days a year Annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 60 days off for the birth of a child and 10 Holidays. That is 109 days off with pay, or almost 22 weeks out the year. I need a job where I get every weekend off and only have to work 30 weeks a year for a years pay. Since I am a man, I could get the 12 weeks off to take care of a sick relative since I can't have a baby.

Almost right

The 60 days off for the birth of a child must come out of your sick leave.

You also forgot weekends

Why are these people against women having time off to give birth???

In the real world many companies give a reasonable 6 weeks time off with either full or partial pay or birth. No one I know of is against time off for a woman giving birth. Why do you ask?

A Federal Civil Service woman who gives birth with 15 years service gets 26 days a year Annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 60 days off for the birth of a child and 10 Holidays. That is 109 days off with pay, or almost 22 weeks out the year. I need a job where I get every weekend off and only have to work 30 weeks a year for a years pay. Since I am a man, I could get the 12 weeks off to take care of a sick relative since I can't have a baby.

WRONG QUESTION.

The question should have been "how many weeks do taxpayers and producers must work to financially support Federal Civil Service Employees?

Hey, I've got the perfect job for you. Become a member of the H. of Rep.:

"Who banks a $174,000 annual salary and works less than a third of the year?

"Members of the House of Representatives, apparently."

"The 2014 calendar for the House was released Thursday by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), and shows members will only work only 113 days. That's down from 2013, when House lawmakers were scheduled to meet for 126 days. Only 107 days were scheduled in 2012"

You can be, apparently, dumb as a box of rocks all you need to do is show up to vote when told to, spend the rest of your day on the phones raising money for the next election, and vote the way you've been told (or risk being put in a small office, near the closet of the custodian).

In the real world many companies give a reasonable 6 weeks time off with either full or partial pay or birth. No one I know of is against time off for a woman giving birth. Why do you ask?

The OP is railing the federal government for give time off with pay for pregnant women.

The standard work responsibility and privileges of federal servants should be that of private business.

The OP is railing the federal government for give time off with pay for pregnant women.

The OP is railing the federal government for only required 30 weeks a year for 52 weeks a year pay, and twice as many weeks off for child birth or care for a sick relative as the industry standard is.

Federal employees have to use accumulated sick leave pay to get paid after pregnancy

So why do you bitch about it?

The standard work responsibility and privileges of federal servants should be that of private business.

Why? Shouldn't the job responsibility dictate the salary and benefits for both the Private and Public Sectors. How much does Obama Make, and how much does the average Wall Street CEO make?
Why not? I don't think private business has any moral leverage on workers who have every right to inform and mandate, "Labor precedes capital," always.

Let mgt and labor work that out on an even playing field, government and private.

They also get a pension worth several million dollars

Poor Frank, he is so green with envy, he simply cannot contain his emotions. He fails to understand, having a great pension is the product of personal responsibility - that is, planning ahead.

Private pensions are personal responsibility; federal pensions, not so much

So much fail in this post so let's start at the beginning.

"A Federal Civil Service woman who gives birth with 15 years service gets 26 days a year Annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 60 days off for the birth of a child and 10 Holidays."

As another poster stated, you don't get both sick leave and maternity leave. The 13 days roll into the maternity leave.

And let's rationally think about this. If a women has been with the Federal Government for 15 years, they have likely passed the prime years for child birth. Many jobs with the federal government require or prefer bachelor degrees. So let's assume a woman graduates at the age of 22 and immediately starts working for the federal government (which is extremely rare). She would be 37 after 15 years of service. How many 37 year old women are starting to have kids? Not many.

"I need a job where I get every weekend off and only have to work 30 weeks a year for a years pay. "

Then collectively bargain for it. This is the most annoying thing about people. Instead of people saying "Wow, those are great benefits, we should all have those benefits" they say "I don't have those great benefits, they shouldn't either!" It's class warfare but it's a Civil War within the dying middle class that is perpetuating the "Race to the Bottom" that the rich want.

"Since I am a man, I could get the 12 weeks off to take care of a sick relative since I can't have a baby."

Most places (including the federal government) have paternity leave.

New Topics

Forum List

Back