Zone1 How many of you Greeners in the South will forgo air conditioning for the planet? How bout everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
Miami?

Atlanta?

New Orleans?

Yall Greeners have it too good to have air conditioning. I'm sure the planet is more important

Fans were the Air conditioners of previous generations.
It's what you get used to.
Life is too easy now.

I do believe just as gas will become too expensive for the vast majority of citizens, electricity will also.
Economies peaked out in the 80's and 90's at least in America.
You don't build good economies on policies of excess spending and destroying productivity.
The government will eventually run out of other peoples money and won't be able to buy votes much longer.
I think we're seeing the beginning of that with the IRS getting thousands of new enforcers. It's gonna get MUCH harder to keep the revenues flowing into the government coffers when people are broke and opportunities have all been shipped overseas.

I think MOST Americans will have to learn to live without AC again within 20 years.
Solar is probably not going to save us or be he answer..

Last edited:
What we need to do is start building MSRs i.e. Molten Salt Reactors throughout this country, providing us with clean, safe, abundant nuclear-generated energy. We can even produce liquid fuel for our vehicles with MSRs. There's a particular type of MSR called a LFTR i.e. Liquid Flouride Thorium Reactor, that runs on thorium, a mineral 10 times more common than uranium. Thorium is practically everywhere. Many mines produce thorium, and the thorium is often thrown away. The only reason we're not using nuclear energy is due to the fossil fuel industry bribing our politicians to keep us hooked on oil and gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back