• 0-3

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7+

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive heard that there are Democrats calling pretending to be Republicans at 3am in the morning to annoy people to not vote for the Republicans.

I dunno, just to see if everyone else is as annoyed and can't wait until after tomorrow night... Then it will all be over. Unless the Dems lose more seats than anticipated and they start eating their own in a rabid rage, which I will be sitting with popcorn and a few cans of diet A&W...

They only annoy ‘rednecks’, that’s the way the system works.:funnyface

Here's someplace for everyone to contact about the robocall...But.....I'm pretty sure from this site, they only want to know if it's a REPUBLICANNNNNNNNN robocall....
Didn't a few here earlier, say they got some robocalls from the Clinton's??? Hurry, contact the reporter below......:teeth:

by debcoop
Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 11:21:33 AM PST
I just got off the phone with the New York State head of the DNC's official lawyers committee.

She has local and national reporters who are EAGER to speak to voters who have been harassed by repetitive robocalls. We need to put some meat on the bones of this story.
If you have been called repeatedly please contact me. If you have recorded these calls even better because then it might be covered by the TV media, not just the print media. They want to speak to New York State voters only for this story. (Ah well, contact them anyway.....We is too stupid to understand, they just wanted Nuw, yurkers, after all we be from the redstates....):boobies:
I am the conduit for this. My email is d7eb at aol.com

thanks
Sorry this diary is so short but time is of the essence.

debcoop's diary :: ::
Please recommend so that it will hang around long enough for the right people to see it. Someone has a Washington Post reporter interested so I got his permission to post his email in an update. He is interested in folks who have been recalled anywhere in the US. Recorded would be best. Here's that contact info dns361 at cox.net ADDED INFO A THOUGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT RECORDED A NUMBER OF THEM OR EVEN ONE BUT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THEM AND LISTENED TO THEM OR HUNG UP, IF YOU HAVE A CALLER ID LOG THERE SHOULD BE A RECORD. CHECK THEM Update UPDATE 4 and more help needed Reporters want recorded calls... but they also need to talk to some people who have gotten these calls and just listened to them.. whether you remember if there was a long pause before they got to the negative information about the Dem candidate or the NRCC identification. Please email me, especially if you think you've gotten these calls from California. We need to corroborate the recordings. Some or that is, most modern answering machines are designed to compress out the silences... to save storage space and to save the listeners' time Again thanks very much for all your emails.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/11/6/142133/889

WELL, WELL, WELL........Lookie here.....:)

Republicans Deny Subterfuge as Phone Barrages Anger Voters
SNIP:
By Charles Babington and Alec MacGillis
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, November 7, 2006; Page A08

This year's heavy volume of automated political phone calls has infuriated countless voters and triggered sharp complaints from Democrats, who say the Republican Party has crossed the line in bombarding households with recorded attacks on candidates in tight House races nationwide.

Some voters, sick of interrupted dinners and evenings, say they will punish the offending parties by opposing them in today's elections. But critics say Republicans crafted the messages to delude voters -- especially those who hang up quickly -- into thinking that Democrats placed the calls.
:laugh:
Republicans denied the allegation, noting that their party acknowledges its authorship at the recorded calls' end. After citizens' complaints in New Hampshire, however, the National Republican Congressional Committee agreed to end the calls to households on the federal do-not-call list, even though the law exempts political messages from such restrictions.

Whether "robo-calls" are positive or negative, mean-spirited or humorous, thousands of Americans are sick of them, according to campaign organizations that have been fielding complaints over the past two weeks.

An Ohio woman, who did not leave her name, called The Washington Post in tears yesterday, saying she could not keep her phone line open to hospice workers caring for her terminally ill mother because of nonstop political robo-calls.

Pamela Lorenz, a retired nurse in Roseville, Calif., called her own experience "harassment as far as I'm concerned" and said, "If I were voting right now, the opponent who's doing this, he'd be off my list for throwing that much trash."

Hour after hour and day after day for two weeks, Lorenz's home has received the same NRCC recorded message attacking Charlie Brown, the Democrat who is challenging Rep. John T. Doolittle (R) in a hard-fought battle in northeastern California. "It is a recorder calling," Lorenz said. "I can't call it back to get them to stop."

Voters in Northern Virginia have been exposed to fewer of the aggressive "push poll" type calls than elsewhere. But they said they have been getting so many of the conventional automated calls plugging candidates that they have started hanging up as soon as the recordings begin or screening them with caller ID.

"I hang up as soon I hear it start. I've already heard most of what people have to say. I don't have time to listen to them," said Angela Elliott, a Fairfax Circle resident who is registered as an independent and has been getting more Democratic calls than Republican ones.

Nicholas Beltrante, of the Alexandria section of Fairfax County, said he has been getting an average of three to five automated calls per day from both Democrats and Republicans. "I made up my mind weeks ago, and the moment I identify them as one of those calls I just hang up," he said.

As annoyed as they are, Northern Virginia voters said their irritation will not prompt them to vote against the campaigns placing the calls, because the calls are positive in nature.

Jane Edmondson, a McLean community activist, registered Democrat and Democratic donor, said she has stopped answering calls that appear as 800 or 877 numbers on her caller ID, for fear that they are robo-calls. At church Sunday, she said, she and others were jealous of one churchgoer who said his caller ID identifies campaign calls as "political calls." "We all said, 'Why don't we get that?' " she said.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/06/AR2006110601103_2.html

I've gotten a bloody ton...but I'm in PA, so I expected it.

Forum List

Back