How Long Will the Covid-19 Vaccine Last?

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
I'm having trouble convincing people that the Covid-19 vaccine won't last and that it's not a magic shot. I think it was the yellow pill that helped mother.

""Kids are different today"
I hear ev'ry mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way
Gets her through her busy day

"Things are different today"
I hear ev'ry mother say
Cooking fresh food for a husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake
And she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And two help her on her way
Get her through her busy day

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
What a drag it is getting old"

We know there isn't a cure for a virus, so the covid-19 shot only lasts for so long. Even the CDC doesn't want to say, but they have said if you get covid-19 and have immunity, then you'll have immunity like a cold virus for six to twelve months.

What do you think?

"CDC finally revealed how long coronavirus immunity lasts – and it looks like bad news
  • How long does coronavirus immunity last after infection? The CDC quietly published the first defined COVID-19 immunity period on its website.
  • The virus is too young for healthcare professionals to have an exact timeframe for protection against reinfection.
  • The CDC quarantine page was updated a few days ago with information that offers a minimum period of immunity.
How long does novel coronavirus immunity last? That’s a question health officials can’t answer for certain since COVID-19 hasn’t existed for long enough to tell. But it’s an answer we need not just for vaccine development, but also for the next stages of pandemic management. How long is a COVID-19 survivor protected for? How bad would a second COVID-19 bout be for people who already had it?

Scientists initially said that coronavirus immunity might match the immunity we get from the other human coronaviruses that cause common colds. That’s anywhere from six to 12 months, and that’s how long we expect vaccines to last as well. Recent data showed that neutralizing antibodies may disappear from the bloodstream within three months, but the immune system also has backup T cells that can kill the virus upon reinfection by kickstarting the production of antibodies. Those cells live longer than antibodies, though it’s unclear how long their lifespan is. It’s also believed that exposure to human coronaviruses that cause common colds provides some protection against the virus.

Health authorities have not actually offered a clearly defined period for coronavirus immunity, because there’s not enough scientific data to back any of it up. That recently changed though, when the CDC quietly updated one of its main guidelines with information that explicitly mentions a COVID-19 immunity timeframe."

Someone I know who works in a hospital told me that the new vaccine could withstand two variants and be useful but not three and that the vaccine did not prevent the vaccinated person from being contagious either.

Someone I know who works in a hospital told me that the new vaccine could withstand two variants and be useful but not three and that the vaccine did not prevent the vaccinated person from being contagious either.
Interesting! I hadn't heard the statement about being ineffective against the 3rd variant.

Interesting! I hadn't heard the statement about being ineffective against the 3rd variant.
If someone else could confirm what information I had about the vaccine? because the covid has mutated a lot but it is the three variants that would pose a problem to the vaccine because the principle of vaccination is always the same: it is a question of presenting a pathogen (virus, but also parasite or bacterium) to our immune system so that it will learn to recognize it and make specific antibodies that will be ready to neutralize it when we meet it in real life but with the three variants the vaccine would no longer be able to operate effectively.

Last edited:
It's also unknown how long the vaccine will be effective ... coronaviruses in general is less than a year ... if that's the case with this current SARS strain, then we'll need shots every year forevermore ... like the flu ...

They don't know that much and specially with the news variants i think it will more difficult to fight the covid.

They don't know that much and specially with the news variants i think it will more difficult to fight the covid.

We knew this 17 years ago ... three Presidential administrations put complete trust in the Chinese to be completely honest with the world if SARS developed again ...

Ground the airlines ... with the internet, there's no reason to transport everybody's filth around the world ...

Yes, from the beginning of the Covid the French government had put up airport flyers to prevent Covid and here one of my followers humorously shows the truth of airport sin France facing the Covid 19 :laugh:

I'm having trouble convincing people that the Covid-19 vaccine won't last and that it's not a magic shot. I think it was the yellow pill that helped mother.

""Kids are different today"
I hear ev'ry mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way
Gets her through her busy day

"Things are different today"
I hear ev'ry mother say
Cooking fresh food for a husband's just a drag
So she buys an instant cake
And she burns a frozen steak
And goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And two help her on her way
Get her through her busy day

Doctor please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more
What a drag it is getting old"

We know there isn't a cure for a virus, so the covid-19 shot only lasts for so long. Even the CDC doesn't want to say, but they have said if you get covid-19 and have immunity, then you'll have immunity like a cold virus for six to twelve months.

What do you think?

"CDC finally revealed how long coronavirus immunity lasts – and it looks like bad news
  • How long does coronavirus immunity last after infection? The CDC quietly published the first defined COVID-19 immunity period on its website.
  • The virus is too young for healthcare professionals to have an exact timeframe for protection against reinfection.
  • The CDC quarantine page was updated a few days ago with information that offers a minimum period of immunity.
How long does novel coronavirus immunity last? That’s a question health officials can’t answer for certain since COVID-19 hasn’t existed for long enough to tell. But it’s an answer we need not just for vaccine development, but also for the next stages of pandemic management. How long is a COVID-19 survivor protected for? How bad would a second COVID-19 bout be for people who already had it?

Scientists initially said that coronavirus immunity might match the immunity we get from the other human coronaviruses that cause common colds. That’s anywhere from six to 12 months, and that’s how long we expect vaccines to last as well. Recent data showed that neutralizing antibodies may disappear from the bloodstream within three months, but the immune system also has backup T cells that can kill the virus upon reinfection by kickstarting the production of antibodies. Those cells live longer than antibodies, though it’s unclear how long their lifespan is. It’s also believed that exposure to human coronaviruses that cause common colds provides some protection against the virus.

Health authorities have not actually offered a clearly defined period for coronavirus immunity, because there’s not enough scientific data to back any of it up. That recently changed though, when the CDC quietly updated one of its main guidelines with information that explicitly mentions a COVID-19 immunity timeframe."

It’s a novel RNA drug - it last your lifetime

three Presidential administrations put complete trust in the Chinese to be completely honest with the world if SARS developed again ...
The gullability of our leadership over the last 40 years created the Chinese monster. Assuming China would play by Western rules may be the costliest mistake we ever made.

three Presidential administrations put complete trust in the Chinese to be completely honest with the world if SARS developed again ...
The gullability of our leadership over the last 40 years created the Chinese monster. Assuming China would play by Western rules may be the costliest mistake we ever made.

50 years when Nixon visited ... you don't like $7 a pair school shoes .. how odd ...

It's two shots, three weeks apart, once a year. It's 95% effective, which means that you can still spread it unknowingly. But, you won't be sick.

Forum List

Back