How long will it take to ramp up vaccine production once a viable one exists ?

linux07

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2020
What steps could we be taking now to build up the capacity so it is ready to deploy en masse when it finally does become available? What all will be involved? In terms of production capacity, supply chain, administering , strategically deploying etc?

b9c1b1a8-4060-53c8-82ba-ffdff790b1ff.image.jpg

Capture.PNG

The 2015 global production capacity of seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine

Capture.PNG

20130208_082729_ecct0208fluvaccineWeb.jpg

Last edited:
How long will it take to ramp up vaccine production once a viable one exists ?

my guess is; six months+/-- :)-

It takes longer to get a vaccine on the market than the virus it's created for runs it's course. IOW......by the time any vaccine for this virus is distributed, Covid19 will be a distant memory

What steps could we be taking now to build up the capacity so it is ready to deploy en masse when it finally does become available? What all will be involved? In terms of production capacity, supply chain, administering , strategically deploying etc?
Flu vaccine requires about a year of lead time is my understanding.

Your all gonna be slaves and will begg for it LOL

The United Nations’ WHO is part of this ID2020. Scaring the world and making people feel unsafe unless they are certified not to have this coronavirus just may be part of the plot behind the curtain. I hate conspiracy theories, but this is in the open. The health industry is destroying the world economy and making people feel unsafe. Unemployment is skyrocketing as people lose their jobs and will be then conditioned that if they have been certified, then and only then will they be safe to return to the workforce.

and no freaks this is not from infowars------------

Going to depend on the vaccine, I would imagine.

Humans have been inflicted with many viruses over our time on this planet; this new one is no different. Some will develop antibodies, and some will not; such is life.

And yet the world is unfolding as it should.

At least as I see it :)-

We don’t want to find ourselves with a working vaccine but too little manufacturing capacity. From an economic point of view, it would make sense to install enough capacity so that everyone in the U.S. who wanted could be vaccinated within a month. Normally, new vaccines cannot be produced so quickly and in sufficient supply. Each step of the manufacturing process must be verified and tested, and inputs to the process may face their own supply chain bottlenecks. Just as shortages of swabs and reagents delayed the rollout of testing, shortages of glass vials, bioreactors or adjuvants (a substance that increases immune stimulation) may delay vaccines. For want of a vial, the vaccine could be lost. To stand a reasonable chance of having a substantial supply of vaccines in 2021, we need to plan for capacity and reinforce supply chains now.

We don’t want to find ourselves with a working vaccine but too little manufacturing capacity. From an economic point of view, it would make sense to install enough capacity so that everyone in the U.S. who wanted could be vaccinated within a month. Normally, new vaccines cannot be produced so quickly and in sufficient supply. Each step of the manufacturing process must be verified and tested, and inputs to the process may face their own supply chain bottlenecks. Just as shortages of swabs and reagents delayed the rollout of testing, shortages of glass vials, bioreactors or adjuvants (a substance that increases immune stimulation) may delay vaccines. For want of a vial, the vaccine could be lost. To stand a reasonable chance of having a substantial supply of vaccines in 2021, we need to plan for capacity and reinforce supply chains now.

From what I hear, the companies which are closest to having a vaccine ready to roll out to the public are already making the arrangements for manufacturing NOW, so that they're ready to hit the ground running the second they get the okay.

Forum List

Back