How long before I'll have to pay for my well water ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Who owns the water ?

One of the many reasons, years ago, that I decided to stay in Arkansas, was because of the clean well water, which up until now has been 'free'. We own the land, the well, the pump motor, and we pay for the electricity to to get the water through the pipes to our house.

But as it's already happening in other states, the government may start taxing us on it ...I suppose they'll install meters on everyone's property to monitor usage and bill accordingly, the same way rural electric companies do it essentially.

America is running out of water and Wall Street is now taking bets on how future shortages will play out. This week, investors, farmers and municipalities were able to wager on the future price of water for the first time, trading under the ticker (NQH2O) on the Nasdaq Veles California Water Index. The futures, announced in September, are tied to California’s $1.1 billion spot water market, last closed at 489.11 index points, equating to $489 per acre-foot.

Last edited:
Water isn't running out. Wall Street is just like a problem gambler.

Tap water is pretty filthy. Many parts of the country, especially the rustbelt, that gets their water from rivers, is drinking recycled human waste. It is called toilet to tap water processing.

Here...

Distilling water is a quick acid test you can do to find out what residue is in your water. – Daniel D. Teoli Jr. (wordpress.com)

As far as the OP and having to pay for well water?

Nothing is beyond the filthy dems. They may start charging us for air to breath.

Tap water is pretty filthy. Many parts of the country, especially the rustbelt, that gets their water from rivers, is drinking recycled human waste. It is called toilet to tap water processing.

Here...

Distilling water is a quick acid test you can do to find out what residue is in your water. – Daniel D. Teoli Jr. (wordpress.com)

As far as the OP and having to pay for well water?

Nothing is beyond the filthy dems. They may start charging us for air to breath.

Dems? This is about Wall Street.

Who owns the water ?

One of the many reasons, years ago, that I decided to stay in Arkansas, was because of the clean well water, which up until now has been 'free'. We own the land, the well, the pump motor, and we pay for the electricity to to get the water through the pipes to our house.

But as it's already happening in other states, the government may start taxing us on it ...I suppose they'll install meters on everyone's property to monitor usage and bill accordingly, the same way rural electric companies do it essentially.

America is running out of water and Wall Street is now taking bets on how future shortages will play out. This week, investors, farmers and municipalities were able to wager on the future price of water for the first time, trading under the ticker (NQH2O) on the Nasdaq Veles California Water Index. The futures, announced in September, are tied to California’s $1.1 billion spot water market, last closed at 489.11 index points, equating to $489 per acre-foot.
[URL
unfurl="true"]https://finance.yahoo.com/news/water-running-fast-wall-street-223053972.html[/URL]

If they try that crap here, I'll be paying for mine in buckshot. The water that feeds my well falls on my land too.

Who owns the water ?

[URL
unfurl="true"]https://finance.yahoo.com/news/water-running-fast-wall-street-223053972.html[/URL]

Never heard of that before. Would not be right to charge you for the water from your own well. Many aquifers go well beyond single state borders, yet the Federal Government and state governments do not charge municipalities. Is charging people for their well water actually happening somewhere in the United States? Who says who owns the rights to water underneath our feet?

The air is free to breathe, you own the airspace 200 feet above your house and any rain that lands on your property or water that runs under your property is yours as an act of God and I'd shoot any motherless bastard that tried to tax my use of it.

Build a cover over your well to disguise it as something else and tell them to FO.

The government has no claim to the resources that are on or within private land.

Who owns the water ?

[URL

That's bullshit. I get my water the same way, ain't nobody gone tax it, nor could they if they wanted to. Nobody knows when my water runs and nobody's about to meter MY pump.

Of course, I don't live in a desert either. Far from it.

Needles to say the OP never provides any source (get it, source I kill me) for this specious hallucination about taxing one's own well water. Apparently sourced from his ass.

Last edited:
Needles to say the OP never provides any source (get it, source I kill me) for this specious hallucination about taxing one's own well water. Apparently sourced from his ass.
Anal leakage, not water. Due to beating and extracting with wet Needles.

]

That's bullshit. I get my water the same way, ain't nobody gone tax it, nor could they if they wanted to. Nobody knows when my water runs and nobody's about to meter MY pump.

Only 13% of us have well water in the US.
Add that to population rise and the increased urban areas, this number will only go down.

It would not surprise me at all for the government to install meters on private wells. For years in some states they banned rain-water -collection. Colorado recently lifted the ban.

Who owns the water ?

[URL

No I've heard them talk of it here before. In California of course. They'd charge you for taking a crap if they could figure out how to meter it.

]

Only 13% of us have well water in the US.
Add that to population rise and the increased urban areas, this number will only go down.

It would not surprise me at all for the government to install meters on private wells. For years in some states they banned rain-water -collection. Colorado recently lifted the ban.

That's absolutely absurd. By that logic you could be arrested for having a puddle on your land after a rain.

Will Rainwater Harvesting Become Illegal?
If it follows the current trajectory, this is a resounding no. More and more states are adopting rainwater harvesting and even using it on public and government buildings. Laws are in place to provide incentives for rainwater harvesting in multiple states, and this seems to be a growing trend.

Organizations like the American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (ARCSA), are continually working with government organizations to help rain harvesters all over the country.

Even the states that do have laws and regulations on rainwater harvesting are in the process of getting these removed.

Forum List

Back