How long before African American is considered offensive?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
How long do you think it will take before the term African American is considered offensive and politically incorrect? It's certainly logical to assume that it will be eventually. Negro, black, and colored were all once considered the polite and appropriate term to use and they are all now considered offensive.

So when do you think African American will become offensive and what would you suggest to replace it with?

How long do you think it will take before the term African American is considered offensive and politically incorrect? It's certainly logical to assume that it will be eventually. Negro, black, and colored were all once considered the polite and appropriate term to use and they are all now considered offensive.

So when do you think African American will become offensive and what would you suggest to replace it with?

I don't know what you're talking about. Everyone looks the same to me. :cool:

It already is, by me.
Do these assholes all have dual citizenship.....like Rahm does ?
Who are they loyal to ?

Attachments

• $rahm5.jpg
    $rahm5.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 72
I always liked colored...it sounds exotic, imo.

I was unaware black was considered offensive.

I like the terms:

People of African decent, people of color, or my personal favorite... the African Diaspora in the United States.

...but colored is fine as long as you don't use a southern accent.:lol:

It's not the name, it's the people themselves who are the problem.

A good, solid people who obey the law and work hard don't care what they're called. It's only when you're trying to disguise a deeper problem that you need to constantly change the name of something.

It's not the name, it's the people themselves who are the problem.

A good, solid people who obey the law and work hard don't care what they're called. It's only when you're trying to disguise a deeper problem that you need to constantly change the name of something.

By that rationale, you shouldn't care if I call you a "fucking bigot racist", right?

The name "African American" will only be rejected by the blacks when affirmative action and similar programs are no longer needed or funded by the government. :doubt:

Forum List

Back