How Liberals Respond When You Try to Debate Them

New York Jim

Oct 8, 2022
:)

The person who wrote this article is right on the money. In forums though, the Liberal tends to skip straight to the lowest form of answer.

In debates with liberals, PLD can manifest itself in one of four ways. If a conservative asks a liberal a tough question or makes a comment that is outside a liberal's worldview, then one of the following three responses occurs (similar to the drooling, tail-wagging, and shaking exhibited by Pavlov's dogs):

1) The Hide in the Basement Response: This is where the liberal walks away without responding at all. This happened at a recent family party, where my forty-year-old nephew was complaining about Reagan's AIDS policies. I simply asked him to tell me which policies he specifically disliked. He became agitated and started typing things on his iPhone, clearly trying to find some answer to the question posed. (One might think he should have performed this simple due diligence before making his comments, but I digress.) He was visibly shaking, and it got so bad that his mother (in her 70s) had to usher him out the door. In his circles, no one ever questions his logic, since all his friends think exactly like him.

2) The Non-Response Response. This may take one of three forms:

A) "I am not going to dignify that question with a response."

B) The No Answer, Just Sit There Response. (A liberal Ph.D. academic was asked, "What is the independent clause in the 2nd Amendment?) He just sat there, as though he had never taken, or never understood, fifth- or sixth-grade English.

C) The Deflection Response. "Why was the Biden withdrawal from Afghanistan such a complete disaster?" "Trump would have handled it worse."

3) The Flip Response. This is where the liberal answers a serious question with an absurd response. In another conversation, a liberal was asked, "What does the 10th Amendment cover?" His response: "Everything." He had no real answer to the question, so he had to make up a ridiculous answer just so I would not press him further. I did anyway.

4) The Willful Ignorance Response. This is where liberals know every single thing about all of the rumors about Trump, including the one with Putin blackmailing him with videos of a Russian prostitute urinating on him, but they know nothing about Hunter Biden's businesses and potential influence-peddling because they just don't have the time to follow it.

If pressed further on the substance of their beliefs after they have given several PLD responses, in about 50% of the cases, liberals will then respond by calling the conservative one of the following: racist, misogynist, xenophobe, transphobe, phobe-phobe, anti-science. I have not figured out yet why it happens only roughly half of the time.

The person who wrote this article is right on the money. In forums though, the Liberal tends to skip straight to the lowest form of answer.

In debates with liberals, PLD can manifest itself in one of four ways. If a conservative asks a liberal a tough question or makes a comment that is outside a liberal's worldview, then one of the following three responses occurs (similar to the drooling, tail-wagging, and shaking exhibited by Pavlov's dogs):

1) The Hide in the Basement Response: This is where the liberal walks away without responding at all. This happened at a recent family party, where my forty-year-old nephew was complaining about Reagan's AIDS policies. I simply asked him to tell me which policies he specifically disliked. He became agitated and started typing things on his iPhone, clearly trying to find some answer to the question posed. (One might think he should have performed this simple due diligence before making his comments, but I digress.) He was visibly shaking, and it got so bad that his mother (in her 70s) had to usher him out the door. In his circles, no one ever questions his logic, since all his friends think exactly like him.

B) The No Answer, Just Sit There Response. (A liberal Ph.D. academic was asked, "What is the independent clause in the 2nd Amendment?) He just sat there, as though he had never taken, or never understood, fifth- or sixth-grade English.

C) The Deflection Response. "Why was the Biden withdrawal from Afghanistan such a complete disaster?" "Trump would have handled it worse."

3) The Flip Response. This is where the liberal answers a serious question with an absurd response. In another conversation, a liberal was asked, "What does the 10th Amendment cover?" His response: "Everything." He had no real answer to the question, so he had to make up a ridiculous answer just so I would not press him further. I did anyway.

4) The Willful Ignorance Response. This is where liberals know every single thing about all of the rumors about Trump, including the one with Putin blackmailing him with videos of a Russian prostitute urinating on him, but they know nothing about Hunter Biden's businesses and potential influence-peddling because they just don't have the time to follow it.

If pressed further on the substance of their beliefs after they have given several PLD responses, in about 50% of the cases, liberals will then respond by calling the conservative one of the following: racist, misogynist, xenophobe, transphobe, phobe-phobe, anti-science. I have not figured out yet why it happens only roughly half of the time.

Again? Why are you writing the same topic again?

What is the name of the winner of the 2020 US Presidential Election?

Or will you go with response 2A?

I think the author was too generous, I'd say it's more like the Pavlovian Regressive Didactic.

The American Stinker is not to be trusted.

It's hard to argue with pure misinformation and garbage propaganda like this crap. Reagan ignored aids for years while gays died like crazy. Duhhhh...

Conservatives do this too, but liberals ARE vastly worse.

Thinking logically/clearly is just not a liberal strong point.

Excuse me sir, I just joined the forum and this is my second thread. Are you drunk? I understand, its Saturday night.

Hi Jim, welcome aboard.

As you can see, our resident leftards follow the predictable modes of "debate".

On the other hand, I'm not really here to "debate", because "debate" would imply that libtard ideas are worth discussing. :p

It's easier to play whack-a-mole every time s libtard opens its mouth. Because libtard ideas are transparently stupid, there's not even a single one that's helpful or beneficial.

Most of us will be ready to pick up our rifles to prevent the leftist Stalinism from becoming institutionalized. The Stalinist bullshit coming out of the left these days is dead on arrival. And if it ain't dead yet, it will be rendered lifeless as quickly and efficiently as possible.

"Debate" is highly overrated. I believe in clearly defined boundaries and I believe in protecting them with any and every means available.

Hi Jim, welcome aboard.

On the other hand, I'm not really here to "debate", because "debate" would imply that libtard ideas are worth discussing. :p

It's easier to play whack-a-mole every time s libtard opens its mouth. Because libtard ideas are transparently stupid, there's not even a single one that's helpful or beneficial.

Most of us will be ready to pick up our rifles to prevent the leftist Stalinism from becoming institutionalized. The Stalinist bullshit coming out of the left these days is dead on arrival. And if it ain't dead yet, it will be rendered lifeless as quickly and efficiently as possible.

"Debate" is highly overrated. I believe in clearly defined boundaries and I believe in protecting them with any and every means available.
Shitlibs, not leftards.

We have two posters on the left here, and they agree with conservatives on most issues.

Hi Jim, welcome aboard.

Thanks.

Yes, your tards are no better than others elsewhere. LOL.

I would tell you about a recent experience but I don't know if your moderators want us talking about other forums.

Forum List

Back