How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Too bad for the left wing, wonder where they will now get their news.

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

And I'm sure you'll hate the guy that replaces Stewart just as much. :thup:

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.

John Stewart isn't a journalist. Ending the entire premise of the article.

Happy to see this low life go. When caught in lies he always used the "I come on after a puppet show!!" HA HA HA HA.... He admits to lying but claims it's ok because welp, the show before him tells fart jokes with a fist up their ass.

Amazing how John talked about the "noise" in the political world, yet he added to it more than most.

There should be a poll, asking what party people think John would be in if he ran for anything.... 187% of people say Democrat????? WHAT!!!???? John has no bias!!!

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

I agree, Republicans have fat haters lie to their audience, Democrats found if they use humor they too can lie to their audience.

Why?

did you read the article?

Did you read that article? It literally looks like it was written by a high schooler. Look at this crap:

Hey, I’m just a comedian, man. Try to be responsible about what the real issues are? Dude, that’s too heavy, we just want to set up the next d- -k joke.

What judge or jury could fail to bust out laughing if a defense attorney said, “I have no rebuttal of any of the charges against my client, but lots of other people not in this courtroom are guilty of stuff, too!”

That was just a joke of a "news" story.

Rush uses satire in ways that wipes the floor with Stewart.

I don't how anyone who misleads or just outright lies to the people, can sleep at night

I've wonderd that about the Obama's

Why?

I did. Before it was posted here. And its premise is that John Stewart is an irresponsible journalist.

He's neither. He's a comedian and satirist.

Yeah if you're old and butthurt.

No he doesn't. Rush is not comedy at all, Alex Jones uses more comedy than Limbaugh.

Unfortunately, or schools turn out idiots that cannot distinguish satire, from news, or from opinion.

Many cannot distinguish the proper function of anus and vagina after an American education.

Many are so fuckin' dumb they think "Faux News" is clever and original.

Why?

I did. Before it was posted here. And its premise is that John Stewart is an irresponsible journalist.

Tell that to the duped generation who thinks he was their Walter Fuckin' Cronkite.

Why?

Can we agree with this statement: Journalism is gathering, processing, and dissemination of news and information related to the news to an audience. The word applies to both the method of inquiring for news and the literary style which is used to disseminate it.[1][2]

Isn't this exactly what Stewart did but put a his own twist on the story much like FOX news is ACCUSED of doing?

Yeah if you're old and butthurt.

I take that to mean you are not old.

New Topics

Forum List

Back