How Jon Stewart Turned Conservative Lies Into Groundbreaking Comedy and Enlightened a Generation

If you get your news and political viewpoints from a comedian you're probably pretty much misinformed

Except studies show that people who watch the Daily Show are actually very well informed. Fox "News" not so much STUDY Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

That would be all well and good if I watched Fox, I get my news from Drudge.

You're not one of those homosexuals that gets all butt hurt and follows people around comments are you? I find that annoying...and childish

Did you seriously just admit in public that you get your news from Drudge?

You'll notice I posted in this thread BEFORE you did...projection perhaps?

What would be wrong with Drudge? Where do you get yours? Let me guess, from MSNBC and Rachael Madcow and Tingles Matthews? Now run along, you're getting irritating

NPR actually

If you get your news and political viewpoints from a comedian you're probably pretty much misinformed
Just dismissing it as a comedy show misses the point entirely.

Nevertheless, Daily Show viewers have been proved to be better informed than viewers of some other so-called fair and balanced serious news channels.

Who proved it? Link it please

I gave you the link.

I wasn't responding to you...relax, maybe shave or something

Yes, but why ask for something you know was already provided?

Why are you concerned with my toilette?

2015-02-17-JON-thumb.jpg

Jon Stewart is a brilliant comedian, but like all entertainers, he needs material in order to create satire and comedy. The Daily Show isn't a standup routine, it's a natural consequence of America's political culture. After all, when Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly represent patriotism and American exceptionalism, the fodder for laughs is endless.

Stewart is funny, and he makes fun of both sides. He's not a leftist automaton like you are.

Just dismissing it as a comedy show misses the point entirely.

Nevertheless, Daily Show viewers have been proved to be better informed than viewers of some other so-called fair and balanced serious news channels.

Who proved it? Link it please

I gave you the link.

I wasn't responding to you...relax, maybe shave or something
See above.

Sheesh! What?!

The "schtick" of Lewis Black is lampooning stereotypical white men, according to you. Therefore, if one is not bought into the anti-white racism that is so popular on the left, he simply will not be funny.

You answered my question.
Where did I even imply he was playing a stereotypical white man?
In fact, I was specific in that he was an angry ranting white man.
Not a white man eating pizza, not a white man driving a car, not a white man tapping on an internet forum...
Your own prejudices are on display perhaps or, if I give you the benefit of the doubt, you're trying too hard to win a pissing contest that has you as the only contestant.

I can't imagine who could replace Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. John Oliver is good - but he's not Stewart.

They could give John Fugalsang a shot.

He really is excellent, isn't he. Very succinct and to the point.

Slurp Slurp Slurp.

Turns you on does he? He is amazingly good looking.

Stop White Knighting. Also the " hurr durr you iz teh gayz" response is bush league at best. I expect better from you.

Forum List

Back