How Jesus became god'... from not being one. Bart Ehrman.

In ~ 1935 Adolf enacted the NUREMBERG code which is not much more or less than the Canon Law enacted
by CONSTANTINE in the time that he was Emperor of the HOLEY roman empire. It include disarmament of all "enemies" which in Germany (and for Constantine) largely referred to jews. Adolf did not impose disarmament on christian german citizens---but I believe he insisted on registration of fire arms. The ban was supposed to include conquered nations too
And your point?

several points would be clear to all but the brainless----VERY IMPORTANT is the fact that disarming this or that population was NOTHING NEW in the "holy
roman empire" -----for the record---the THIRD REICH actually means THE THIRD HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE.

The Holy Roman Empire of German (=united) Nation was not a nation state. It was founde in 800 and ended in 1806. Afterwards existed no empire any longer. The "empire" which was founded in 1870 in Versailles was not reaqlly a German emapiurre as it is often called - it was a Prussian empire, the Prussain overtook Germany with their militaristic structure. The Austrian empire for example was excluded from this Germany - and many other German traibes or nartion were seen from Berlin only as "colonies of Prussia".

Hitler used in his propagda the words "third empire" instead of "republic of Weimar" because he made clear the time for democracies is over - but he made nothing to reorganize in Germany anythin in sense of the holy empire. The Nazis had nothing to do with the Christian religion nor with Christains valeus. They were a military dictatorship.

I consider it a fascinating point that the NUREMBERG LAWS are nothing more than a recapitulation of the original laws of the holy roman empire. The Spartans disarmed the HELOTS---also an oppressed underclass being "not greek

The Nurnberg laws were modern racists laws comparable with the racist laws in the USA. The antisemitism of the Nazis had biological, darwinstsic reasons. Nothing what the Nazis did do had to do with the holy empire. The holy empire was not racistic - the holy empire was a elitarian society. Everyone was born in functions and had a speciel place in the society with special rules. That's absolutelly not comparable with the 1000 years empire of the Nazis from 1933-1945.

you are playing with semantics.

Exactly. I am playing with semantics - another word for this is "to think".

Whatever the composition of the REICHS

German: "das Reich" - plural "die Reiche". English: "the empire", plural "the empires".

(I should add----that
I am descended from persons of the SECOND
REICH

Never anyone called it the second empire - or das zweite Reich. It's normally called Germany or the German empire (Deutschland oder das deutsche Reich). But indeed it was a Prussian empire. As a result of the international war in Germany against Napoleon Bonaparte the European nations made Prussia strong and Prussia conquered in the follwoing decades one by the naxt German country and made it to a colony of Prussia. The French and the English empire had a very big influence on the Prussians, that's why they liked to become a colonial power on their own.

----ie jews of the Austria-Hungarian EMPIRE------

OKay ... somehow you are also able to call Austria-Hungaria a second German (=deutsch = united) empire. But the normal expression was in this case the "K&K monarchy". K&K = königlich und kaiserlich = royal and imperial.

I know what the REICH LAWS that fell on the heads of Jews were in DA REICH The REICHS involved ever shifting borders and appellations and
treaties and power holders.

No ideas about what you speak now in context German empire and Austria-Hungaria. Both formation of nations tried to overstep all forms of antisemitism. In both empires Jews were full citizens like all others. Since about 1860 antisemitism played not a big role any longer in Germany and Austria.

However----the RACIST CANON LAWS were carried thru all the way from the EMPEROR OF THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE--- CONSTANTINE thru the last EMPEROR of the third reich, to wit adolf-----the NUREMBERG LAWs-- and included not only complete disarmament but also DISTINCTIVE MARKINGS ON CLOTHES even down to the color YELLOW Of course you did not learn about it in Sunday School.

Give me a concrete example what you call "racist canon law" and what this means for the holy empire, the "interregnum" from 1806 - 1870, the Prussian empire and Austria-Hungaria, the democracy of Weimar and the Austrian democracy and Hitler-Germany.

The situation in Germany (with its very different structures) for Jews was by the way much better than in other countries during history. In England for example existed no problems for Jews on a very simple reason: All Jews had to leave England. And it were the crusaders from England and France (Normans), who had started to murder in the holy empire Jews. Antisemitism was nothing which came out of the holy empire. Antisemitism was transported into the holy empire.

But the victims knew.

Who was a vicitim of what in your family? I lost a very big part of my families because of the Nazis.

Interestingly-----the makers of Shariah law APED the filth.[ Denying these facts is about as silly as denying JIM CROW laws.

Eh? What do you speak about now? The fanatic antisemitism of the Nazis based on a wrong understanding of biology, which came in most parts from the racist English speaking world.

your ignorance is based on the ethos of your people.
You simply do not LEARN about it. The fanatic anti-semitism of the Nazis was no different from that of the Catholic Church and the founder of the Lutheran Church, Martin Luther------which was no different from the antisemitism of other Emperor, the of the first Reich-----Constantine. The Hungarian-Austrian empire is INDEED known historically as the second
Reich---one of its emperors, FRANZ JOSEF, an adherent of THE ENLIGHTENMENT is as illustrious
a character in jewish ethos as is the Persian King,
Cyrus. He was a good guy-----a legend even in my own family. Your claim of "equal citizenship" is
HILARIOUS. Vestiges of the CANON/NUREMBURG
laws are memorialized in the mode of dress of the
CHASSIDIC JEWS. You may have not noticed---Their long coats do not have a pleat in the back. The pleat was placed in the back in order to accomodate a man when he sits astride a horse- Now give that fact some thought-----it is very interesting. More information---under FRANZ JOSEF my greatgrandfather had an actual job in the army that was not a 20 year FORCED stint----a very unusual
situation for a JEW at that time----the ENLIGHTENMENT (PS --if you have not figured it out yet HORSES were considered instruments of war
and are illegal for jews under both Shariah and Canon
law)

In ~ 1935 Adolf enacted the NUREMBERG code which is not much more or less than the Canon Law enacted
by CONSTANTINE in the time that he was Emperor of the HOLEY roman empire. It include disarmament of all "enemies" which in Germany (and for Constantine) largely referred to jews. Adolf did not impose disarmament on christian german citizens---but I believe he insisted on registration of fire arms. The ban was supposed to include conquered nations too
And your point?

several points would be clear to all but the brainless----VERY IMPORTANT is the fact that disarming this or that population was NOTHING NEW in the "holy
roman empire" -----for the record---the THIRD REICH actually means THE THIRD HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE.

The Holy Roman Empire of German (=united) Nation was not a nation state. It was founde in 800 and ended in 1806. Afterwards existed no empire any longer. The "empire" which was founded in 1870 in Versailles was not reaqlly a German emapiurre as it is often called - it was a Prussian empire, the Prussain overtook Germany with their militaristic structure. The Austrian empire for example was excluded from this Germany - and many other German traibes or nartion were seen from Berlin only as "colonies of Prussia".

Hitler used in his propagda the words "third empire" instead of "republic of Weimar" because he made clear the time for democracies is over - but he made nothing to reorganize in Germany anythin in sense of the holy empire. The Nazis had nothing to do with the Christian religion nor with Christains valeus. They were a military dictatorship.

I consider it a fascinating point that the NUREMBERG LAWS are nothing more than a recapitulation of the original laws of the holy roman empire. The Spartans disarmed the HELOTS---also an oppressed underclass being "not greek

The Nurnberg laws were modern racists laws comparable with the racist laws in the USA. The antisemitism of the Nazis had biological, darwinstsic reasons. Nothing what the Nazis did do had to do with the holy empire. The holy empire was not racistic - the holy empire was a elitarian society. Everyone was born in functions and had a speciel place in the society with special rules. That's absolutelly not comparable with the 1000 years empire of the Nazis from 1933-1945.

German: "das Reich" - plural "die Reiche". English: "the empire", plural "the empires".

(I should add----that
REICH

Never anyone called it the second empire - or das zweite Reich. It's normally called Germany or the German empire (Deutschland oder das deutsche Reich). But indeed it was a Prussian empire. As a result of the international war in Germany against Napoleon Bonaparte the European nations made Prussia strong and Prussia conquered in the follwoing decades one by the naxt German country and made it to a colony of Prussia. The French and the English empire had a very big influence on the Prussians, that's why they liked to become a colonial power on their own.

OKay ... somehow you are also able to call Austria-Hungaria a second German (=deutsch = united) empire. But the normal expression was in this case the "K&K monarchy". K&K = königlich und kaiserlich = royal and imperial.

I know what the REICH LAWS that fell on the heads of Jews were in DA REICH The REICHS involved ever shifting borders and appellations and

No ideas about what you speak now in context German empire and Austria-Hungaria. Both formation of nations tried to overstep all forms of antisemitism. In both empires Jews were full citizens like all others. Since about 1860 antisemitism played not a big role any longer in Germany and Austria.

However----the RACIST CANON LAWS were carried thru all the way from the EMPEROR OF THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE--- CONSTANTINE thru the last EMPEROR of the third reich, to wit adolf-----the NUREMBERG LAWs-- and included not only complete disarmament but also DISTINCTIVE MARKINGS ON CLOTHES even down to the color YELLOW Of course you did not learn about it in Sunday School.

Give me a concrete example what you call "racist canon law" and what this means for the holy empire, the "interregnum" from 1806 - 1870, the Prussian empire and Austria-Hungaria, the democracy of Weimar and the Austrian democracy and Hitler-Germany.

The situation in Germany (with its very different structures) for Jews was by the way much better than in other countries during history. In England for example existed no problems for Jews on a very simple reason: All Jews had to leave England. And it were the crusaders from England and France (Normans), who had started to murder in the holy empire Jews. Antisemitism was nothing which came out of the holy empire. Antisemitism was transported into the holy empire.

But the victims knew.

Who was a vicitim of what in your family? I lost a very big part of my families because of the Nazis.

Interestingly-----the makers of Shariah law APED the filth.[ Denying these facts is about as silly as denying JIM CROW laws.

Eh? What do you speak about now? The fanatic antisemitism of the Nazis based on a wrong understanding of biology, which came in most parts from the racist English speaking world.

You simply do not LEARN about it. The fanatic anti-semitism of the Nazis was no different from that of the Catholic Church and the founder of the Lutheran Church, Martin Luther------which was no different from the antisemitism of other Emperor, the of the first Reich-----Constantine. The Hungarian-Austrian empire is INDEED known historically as the second
Reich---one of its emperors, FRANZ JOSEF, an adherent of THE ENLIGHTENMENT is as illustrious
Cyrus. He was a good guy-----a legend even in my own family. Your claim of "equal citizenship" is
CHASSIDIC JEWS. You may have not noticed---Their long coats do not have a pleat in the back. The pleat was placed in the back in order to accomodate a man when he sits astride a horse- Now give that fact some thought-----it is very interesting. More information---under FRANZ JOSEF my greatgrandfather had an actual job in the army that was not a 20 year FORCED stint----a very unusual
situation for a JEW at that time----the ENLIGHTENMENT (PS --if you have not figured it out yet HORSES were considered instruments of war
law)

Neither the germans or the nazis were antisemitic, that crown fell all to the loony in power at the time

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

Neither the germans or the nazis were antisemitic, that crown fell all to the loony in power at the time

who told you that?

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Its common knowledge, unless all germans were killing jews which never happened

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

Triggered moron alert

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

your statement was NOT "not ALL GERMANS were anti-semites" It was "germans were not anti-semites" I have never suggested that ALL germans were anti-semites. Is english your native tongue?
Feel free to ask questions. I will add----not all people who harbor a prejudice actually KILL. There
are lots of people in the USA who have a bias against
this or that group who do not KILL

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

your statement was NOT "not ALL GERMANS were anti-semites" It was "germans were not anti-semites" I have never suggested that ALL germans were anti-semites. Is english your native tongue?
Feel free to ask questions. I will add----not all people who harbor a prejudice actually KILL. There

And my statement that all germans were not antisemitic is still correct.

Lol it is clear that you went to harvard to have a brain as deformed and brainwashed as yours

Right doc

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Lol it is clear that you went to harvard to have a brain as deformed and brainwashed as yours

Right doc

right---your statement "..... all germans were not antisemitic is "still" correct" An entirely moot
point which does not negate 2000 years of CANON
LAW FILTH and the utter perversion of the slug
Martin Luther and his filthy minions ---murderers of
millions. You can also claim that no more than 3000 people were killed by "THE INQUISITION" ---which is
a common assertion by brain-washed slugs

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

right---your statement "..... all germans were not antisemitic is "still" correct" An entirely moot
millions. You can also claim that no more than 3000 people were killed by "THE INQUISITION" ---which is

Now the local psycho is screaming about the inquisition

Woo hoo were the nazis there too

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

you imagine that you can hear me "screaming" ?
The laws of the INQUISITION were based on CANON LAW (founded by Constantine and codified by his close descendant JUSTINIAN ---thus the Justinian Code which is also called CANON LAW. The Nuremburg Laws which LEGALIZED the genocide of jews and other people like ROMA----is based on CANON LAW---ie the same laws as those of the Inquisition

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

The laws of the INQUISITION were based on CANON LAW (founded by Constantine and codified by his close descendant JUSTINIAN ---thus the Justinian Code which is also called CANON LAW. The Nuremburg Laws which LEGALIZED the genocide of jews and other people like ROMA----is based on CANON LAW---ie the same laws as those of the Inquisition

Lol tell us more about the inquisition and the nazis

Scream on kid

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

Scream on kid

why are you so fascinated with filth?

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

Scream on kid

why are you so fascinated with filth?

Lol. Since I am responding to you are we to believe that you are filth?

Well I suppose dumb lives matter

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

funny how that works and after all their partying and after the meighleigh they always have the 10% they (always) claim they were actually a part of ... to live for their next fiasco.

A plebiscite vote was held on August 19. Intimidation, and fear of the communists, brought Hitler a 90 percent majority. He was now, for all intents and purposes, dictator.
your statement is an error - where would they be without the communist to fear ... or lgbt or everything else the deplorables fear. desert religionists. the crucifiers.

Which ethos?

You simply do not LEARN about it.

About what?

The fanatic anti-semitism of the Nazis was no different from that of the Catholic Church and the founder of the Lutheran Church, Martin Luther------which was no different from the antisemitism of other Emperor, the of the first Reich-----Constantine.

Shorter: Hitler was able to wake the emotional background the antjudaism of protestants like Luther (14xx-15xx) or Catholics like Agustinus (3xx-4xx). I used this two famous names of very important men, because they thought they had found the holy gral of the very best theology, which is possible at all - and Jews laughed only about the nonsense they said. And let me say: It was for sure a totally stupid nonsense what they said about Jews. Both men were foaming with rage - but only with words and not with deeds as far as I know.

Nevertheless their words (and also the anti-Judaistic words of others) had consequences. By the way: anti-Semitism is hate on Jews because of biology (materialism) - anti-Judaism is hate on Jews because of religion (spirituality). No need to say that for all forms of real spirituality hate is absolutelly counterproductive. But - and this "but" is importnat to know - hate is not really an emotion. If someone is angry than this means not that he is full of hate for example. If someone is angry then he speaks often a damend bullshit. Anger is a bad counsellor.

And I don't understand now why you call Constantine an anti-Semite. In the year 321 for example Constantine informed the city of Cologne that Jews are able to hold every public position. The Jews were citizens of Rome ... indeed all Jews are still today citizens of Rome. Rome exists not any longer, that's all. But this was also a fact in the holy empire. The Jews were always directly under the shield of the emperor.

And if you take a look at the crown of the emperors of the holy empire then you will see that they felt not only to be in the tradition of Rome - they felt also to be in the tradition of Israel.

The Hungarian-Austrian empire is INDEED known historically as the second

Reich---

Never heard any German or Austrian say so. Hitlers expression "Drittes Reich" (third empire) used only a nearly forgoten mythos of a Germany (=a union) which once was much greater and much more stable. Today an empty phrase like "Make the USA great again" is very similar.

The emperors in Vienna were in the last centuries up to the year 1806 the emperors of the holy empire. But Austria and its allies were not able to win in a war against Napoleon. The French army was gigantic and they were able to produce chemical material which was necessary for shooting of muzzle loaders and canons in a chemical industrialzed form - while Austria and others had only a slow and low production of this chemical substance in an agricultural way of production.

The conflict between his duty to have to defend the holy empire and the impossibility to defend it solved the last emperor of the holy empire with an illegal action: He had shut down the holy empire. No one protested. The empire was past. Requiescat in pace.

one of its emperors, FRANZ JOSEF, an adherent of THE ENLIGHTENMENT is as illustrious

a character in jewish ethos as is the Persian King, Cyrus. He was a good guy-----a legend even in my own family.

There are much more legends. When I like to know whether a partner in a conversation knows really something about history then I ask him for example why Bernhard von Clairvaux - the propagator of the second crusade - was such a cruel anti-Semite. The answer is in most cases something what has to do with hate against holy church. But Bernhard was indeed a friend of the Jews. Later sometimes Jews honored him by calling their own children "Bernhard".

And why do I say this to you now? To show to you that history is much more complex and much more colorful than you think.

Your claim of "equal citizenship" is HILARIOUS.

In Prussia (="Germany") became in 1812 every Jew a citizen of Prussia. In 1847 Jews got the right to get a religious education in public schools, they had the right to travel everywhere and to seddle down everywhere and to do any job they liked to do. Only exception in the state were jobs which had to do with jurisdiction or executive powers like police. 1869 followed the complete equal treatment in Prussia. Two years before in 1867 this had happened in Austria-Hungaria. (In 1862 in Baden)

Vestiges of the CANON/NUREMBURG laws are memorialized in the mode of dress of the CHASSIDIC JEWS.

Thats absolutelly not comparable. In the middle ages existed dress codes for everyone and everything. You can see this very nice in Great Britain today for example.

The problem which the Nazi had was to use racism in combination with Jews, because Jews were in reality Germans like all others. No one was able to see who was a Jew or not. Their racial discrimination was bullshit - but instead to accept this they used markers: The names Israel and Sarah in passports and the very famous yellow star of David.

You may have not noticed---Their long coats do not have a pleat in the back. The pleat was placed in the back in order to accomodate a man when he sits astride a horse- Now give that fact some thought-----it is very interesting.

Why? Perhaps they used another clothing if they travelled. Perhaps it was directly forbidden to use a horse. Perhaps ...

More information---under FRANZ JOSEF my greatgrandfather had an actual job in the army that was not a 20 year FORCED stint----a very unusual

As far as I know this was not unusual. Many Jews were in the army

situation for a JEW at that time----the ENLIGHTENMENT (PS --if you have not figured it out yet HORSES were considered instruments of war and are illegal for jews under both Shariah and Canon law)

I don't know how to compare the Sharia and the Canon law. Although is existed laws in the church basing on the Justinian law of the year 533 (Roman law) it never existed a common law in the catholic world. This process of only one common law is very young. It exists a CIC from the year 1917 and now exists the CIC of the year 1983. All laws of the church for the church are in this book, as far as I know. But this means nothing in case of god. No one gives god rules or gives rules to his chosen people.

And if you should think in the Catholic religion exists a rule like "all Catholics go to heaven - all others not" or a rule like "make the life on planet Earth to a hell for all Jews" then you are wrong.

Last edited:
And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

funny how that works and after all their partying and after the meighleigh they always have the 10% they (always) claim they were actually a part of ... to live for their next fiasco.

A plebiscite vote was held on August 19. Intimidation, and fear of the communists, brought Hitler a 90 percent majority. He was now, for all intents and purposes, dictator.

In 1932/33 in the last free elections Hitler got about 23% of the votes of the Catholics (in most cases conservatives) in Germany. And suddenly in 1934 he got 90% of all votes? How stupid is stupid?
your statement is an error - where would they be without the communist to fear ... or lgbt or everything else the deplorables fear. desert religionists. the crucifiers.

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)

who told you that?

Right doc

In 1932/33 in the last free elections Hitler got about 23% of the votes of the Catholics (in most cases conservatives) in Germany. And suddenly in 1934 he got 90% of all votes? How stupid is stupid?

Still stuck in the past because you can not deal with your incompetent present

And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)
Neither the germans or the nazis were antisemitic,

And you take yourselve serios? The Nazis murdered about 6 million Jews men, women, children - even little babies and newborns because of their anti-Semitic and racist ideology. And the Nazis created - and still create - in many nations many anti-Semites with their nonsense propaganda.

that crown fell all to the loony in power at the time

This "thought" is by the way a standard element of Nazi-propaganda. But Heinrich Himmler not murdered millions of Jews because he thought they are losers. He thought only two populations are able to rule the world: the superior race "Germans" and the superior race "Jews". That's why he eliminated the competing "race" Jews (whic were by the way only Germans like all others - and all together were not members of any super-race, also not the poor guy Nietzsche). That Jews - nor others - never had the idea to like to rule the world, was something what he never understood in his super-race-brain.

Last edited:
And your point?

(I should add----that
REICH

But the victims knew.

law)
Neither the germans or the nazis were antisemitic,

And you take yourselve serios? The Nazis murdered about 6 million Jews men, women, children - even little babies and newborns because of their anti-Semitic and racist ideology. And the Nazis created - and still create - in many nations many anti-Semites with their nonsense propaganda.

that crown fell all to the loony in power at the time

This "thought" is by the way a standard element of Nazi-propaganda. But Heomrihc Himmöer not murdered miloinsof Jews because he thought they are losers. He thought only two populations are able to rule the world: the superior races "Germans" and "Jews". That's why he eliminated the competing "race" Jews. That Jews - nor others - never had the idea to like to rule the world, was something what he never understood in his super-race-brain.

What is your point?

How was the inquisition involved?

Did you take your meds yet today?

Have you been out of the hospital yet this month?

The Right to Bear Arms (i.e. the 2nd Amendment) was seen by our Founding Fathers as the last check against tyranny. They knew that the best line of defense against a standing army was an armed populace.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair." - Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

"If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist." - Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

The people who wish to preserve liberty and are capable of bearing arms are the militia.

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." - Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

The Founding Fathers believed that peaceable law abiding citizens should never have their right to bear arms be infringed upon.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, WHO ARE PEACEABLE CITIZENS, from keeping their own arms; …" Samuel Adams quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

The fundamental purpose of the militia is to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the level of equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army.

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." - George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." - James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." - Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

Well regulated does not mean regulations. When the Constitution specifies regulations it specifically states who and what is being regulated. The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. The fundamental purpose of the militia was to serve as a check upon a standing army, the words “well regulated” referred to the necessity that the armed citizens making up the militia have the necessary equipment and training necessary to be an effective and formidable check upon the national government’s standing army. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

?

I guess this is a part of the marketing strategy for the sales of private weapons and private war weapons, which had started in the 1970ies - about 200 years after the foundation of the USA.
You guess wrong, comrade.

Forum List

Back