How Japan is fighting back at Jihadi John with MEMES

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Even though members of ISIS are homicidal maniacs, I don't think they like being made fun of, with people laughing at them.

How Japan is fighting back at Jihadi John with MEMES: Images of ISIS executioner cutting kebab meat and posing with a selfie stick go viral as nation shows it won't be silenced over new hostage threat
  • Jihadi John seen threatening to Haruna Yukawa and Kenji Goto this week
  • Demanded $200million within 72 hours or said he would kill hostages
  • As deadline approached Japanese began creating internet memes
  • Darkly comic images shared online as a mark of defiance against ISIS
By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 07:26 EST, 24 January 2015 | UPDATED: 17:46 EST, 24 January 2015

Showing the familiar sight of fearful men kneeling in orange jumpsuits in the desert, the latest footage of Jihadi John caused despair across the world when it appeared this week.

In the latest clip, the Islamic State enforcer demanded a $200million ransom to free Japanese men Haruna Yukawa and Kenji Goto, giving them just 72 hours to live.

But as the deadline approached the Japanese public responded with a show of defiance by creating dozens of darkly comic internet memes mocking the deranged ISIS killer.

In the pictures, which have been widely shared online, the masked murderer is seen using his knife to carve kebab meat, taking part in a cooking show, and holding a selfie stick.

The vast majority of the posts are written in Japanese, but one in English reads: 'Tomorrow will be sad but it will pass and ISIS will still be a big joke. You can't break our spirit.'

Read more:
Japan fights back at Jihadi John with MEMES Daily Mail Online

25003A1400000578-0-image-a-19_1422098773079.jpg

Memes are old school.......they should use #hashtags.

That will put fear into him......... :cool:
Fear is his only weapon. Mocking him for being a broke failed rapper who's stuck running around in the sand with a bunch of hairy simpletons who don't bathe... that's how you turn him from something to fear to a punchline. Either that or a drone during the night.

Memes are old school.......they should use #hashtags.

That will put fear into him......... :cool:
Fear is his only weapon. Mocking him for being a broke failed rapper who's stuck running around in the sand with a bunch of hairy simpletons who don't bathe... that's how you turn him from something to fear to a punchline. Either that or a drone during the night.

Fear is their weapon but it is also their achilles heel.

I wouldn't know. I have never watched it. I've heard of Austin Powers. Dr. Evil is news to me. The evil of Islam isn't news to me. In fact it is getting old real fast.

Mocking him for being a broke failed rapper who's stuck running around in the sand with a bunch of hairy simpletons who don't bathe... that's how you turn him from something to fear to a punchline.
No doubt his hostages will feel much safer knowing their future beheader is being viciously mocked. ...... :cool:
You miss the point. On purpose I think.

Forum List

Back