How is it we lack protective gear for health care workers?

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

It IS the fault of the POTUS. He ignored the downplayed the extent and potential severity of the crisis for months before it happened. Trump disbanded the pandemic office in the White House, and fired both the head of the CDC, and second and third in command. He decimated the leadership at DHS as well. TRUMP FIRED EVERYONE WHO WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH THE PANDEMIC AT DHS AND THE CDC AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO REPLACE THEM.

The virus has substantially increased the useage and need for PPE's. In a "for profit" health care system, it isn't profitable for hospitals to stockpile and store stuff they don't need, "just in case". It is the job of the pandemic response team, and the head of the CDC to advise hospitals to increase stock. But since Trump disbanded the pandemic response team, and there was no head of the CDC, and Trump was busy denying the danger, nobody told American hospitals to stock up.

TRUMP OWNS THIS CLUSTERFUCK. AIDED AND ABETTED BY FAUX NEWS.
More repeats of the same tired lies. STFU

If that's all you have in rebuttal, you've proven me right. You cannot point to a single thing that Donald Trump has done to make things better in this crisis.

What part of my post is a lie?

we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.
If you knew it, then why didn't you post anything about it? Oh yeah, you were busy impeaching Trump.

The only people that knew were the government. That is why we had a Senator telling his donors to expect school closing and not to travel and why we had multiple Senators selling off stock and one even buying stock in a company that makes work from home software.
We had that in January?

yep. read the article i just posted, dufus.

"The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus. "

Anonymous sources, vague allusion ("such topics?" What the hell does that mean? For all you know, they were discussing Ebola). There are no specifics.

Your evidence doesn't show that we knew anything in January. It's typical fake news. You have a big pile of nothing here.

What the fuck are you ralking about? If the virus turned out to be nothing buy hype, the never of cases could end up being far fewer than expected. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

Obviously not.

I am not good at playing "what if" games, lets stick to reality.

I talked with my daughter an hour ago and her hospital in Florida has a critical shortage of PPE gear, including N95 mask, and they have not even had a positive patient yet. Our medical personnel are now being told the complete opposite to what they have been told for decades. Now all of a sudden it is ok to just wipe off an N95 mask and reuse it, it is ok to just wear a surgical mask, you do not need that face shield we told you that you needed for the last 50 years.

The same things are going on all over the country.

None of this is hypothetical for me as I have two loved ones on the front lines of this, including my wife who Friday had her first positive COVID-19 patient.

I have a dear friend who is an emergency room nurse in downtown Manhattan. They're being told to continue to treat patients even if they test positive, until they develop symptoms. Not because they aren't contagious, but because there's no one to replace them if they stop working.

She works in the blood bank, and said that the "runners" who pick up and drop off from all parts of the hospital, have told her things she would not have believed of a top NY Hospital one month ago. To be honest, I am worried to death for her right now.

Yep. My son's fiancee has been told that a refusal to treat is an automatic termination...and a life blacklisting in the medical profession...and all she was asking is if her hospital would provide the necessary protective gear to keep her safe.

At my wife's facility they have the positive COVID-19 patients in a negative pressure area and they were told that if a patient codes there will only be two nurses that respond...one to do CPR compressions and one to administer drugs. The doctor and RT will "supervise" from outside the area!

Why would you do CPR compressions alone? You tards have already told us they will not resuscitate.

What the fuck are you ralking about? If the virus turned out to be nothing buy hype, the never of cases could end up being far fewer than expected. Do you understand what a hypothetical is?

Obviously not.

I talked with my daughter an hour ago and her hospital in Florida has a critical shortage of PPE gear, including N95 mask, and they have not even had a positive patient yet. Our medical personnel are now being told the complete opposite to what they have been told for decades. Now all of a sudden it is ok to just wipe off an N95 mask and reuse it, it is ok to just wear a surgical mask, you do not need that face shield we told you that you needed for the last 50 years.

None of this is hypothetical for me as I have two loved ones on the front lines of this, including my wife who Friday had her first positive COVID-19 patient.

I have a dear friend who is an emergency room nurse in downtown Manhattan. They're being told to continue to treat patients even if they test positive, until they develop symptoms. Not because they aren't contagious, but because there's no one to replace them if they stop working.

She works in the blood bank, and said that the "runners" who pick up and drop off from all parts of the hospital, have told her things she would not have believed of a top NY Hospital one month ago. To be honest, I am worried to death for her right now.

Yep. My son's fiancee has been told that a refusal to treat is an automatic termination...and a life blacklisting in the medical profession...and all she was asking is if her hospital would provide the necessary protective gear to keep her safe.

At my wife's facility they have the positive COVID-19 patients in a negative pressure area and they were told that if a patient codes there will only be two nurses that respond...one to do CPR compressions and one to administer drugs. The doctor and RT will "supervise" from outside the area!
So? That sounds like SOP for an infectious disease. They would do the same thing if you had the Swine flu.

Let me state this is NOT the fault of the POTUS. What is hard to comprehend is the richest, greatest country that currently contains the greatest workforce in the world has even one hospital that is lacking enough protective gear for it's healthcare workers. Unacceptable.

Because America in particular, Canada as well, has allowed the outsourcing of these critical materials. Hospitals are going to, I assume, generally have more than enough gear at their disposal. For a pandemic, however, they obviously need much much more.

Since the so-called "supply chain" (as if it's forever set in stone) involves China and other nations and countries are at their mercy. For instance, France just ordered one BILLION face masks from the communists, who have made off like bandits in this pandemic. Other nations are hoarding their own stash since they need it, this includes U.S allies.

Bottom line, if you don't manufacture locally, you are at the mercy of another country in some form or another. Be it medical supplies, life or death prescriptions or energy sources. China is reaching out to Western nations and now after harming them with their silence, they try and become the hero.

Reminds me of the old Stalin story, I think the below describes the West leadership quite well at the moment, and we'd all be wise to appreciate this story:

On one occasion, so it was narrated, Stalin called for a live chicken and proceeded to use it to make an unforgettable point before some of his henchmen. Forcefully clutching the chicken in one hand, with the other he began to systematically pluck out its feathers. As the chicken struggled in vain to escape, he continued with the painful denuding until the bird was completely stripped. “Now you watch,” Stalin said as he placed the chicken on the floor and walked away with some bread crumbs in his hand. Incredibly, the fear-crazed chicken hobbled toward him and clung to the legs of his trousers. StalinThere is no war protectionthrew a handful of grain to the bird, and it began to follow him around the room, he turned to his dumbfounded colleagues and said quietly, “This is the way to rule the people. Did you see how that chicken followed me for food, even though I had caused it such torture? People are like that chicken. If you inflict inordinate pain on them they will follow you for food the rest of their lives.”

You are talking shit...

Even if US made masks, European countries can buy them... Trump refuses to enact the War Production Act...

It IS the fault of the POTUS. He ignored the downplayed the extent and potential severity of the crisis for months before it happened. Trump disbanded the pandemic office in the White House, and fired both the head of the CDC, and second and third in command. He decimated the leadership at DHS as well. TRUMP FIRED EVERYONE WHO WOULD HAVE DEALT WITH THE PANDEMIC AT DHS AND THE CDC AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO REPLACE THEM.

The virus has substantially increased the useage and need for PPE's. In a "for profit" health care system, it isn't profitable for hospitals to stockpile and store stuff they don't need, "just in case". It is the job of the pandemic response team, and the head of the CDC to advise hospitals to increase stock. But since Trump disbanded the pandemic response team, and there was no head of the CDC, and Trump was busy denying the danger, nobody told American hospitals to stock up.

More repeats of the same tired lies. STFU

If that's all you have in rebuttal, you've proven me right. You cannot point to a single thing that Donald Trump has done to make things better in this crisis.

What part of my post is a lie?

Look at your TDS sources. The lie about cutting funds is well known. I am sorry your TDS has made you stupid, but I think you were that way your entire life.

The World Health Organization has had the U.S. ranked as 37th in the world for a reason.
We're down the list with Costa Rica and Slovenia
Now we know why.
The reason is that our system is not totally government run. WHO is a communist organization.

Because America in particular, Canada as well, has allowed the outsourcing of these critical materials. Hospitals are going to, I assume, generally have more than enough gear at their disposal. For a pandemic, however, they obviously need much much more.

Since the so-called "supply chain" (as if it's forever set in stone) involves China and other nations and countries are at their mercy. For instance, France just ordered one BILLION face masks from the communists, who have made off like bandits in this pandemic. Other nations are hoarding their own stash since they need it, this includes U.S allies.

Bottom line, if you don't manufacture locally, you are at the mercy of another country in some form or another. Be it medical supplies, life or death prescriptions or energy sources. China is reaching out to Western nations and now after harming them with their silence, they try and become the hero.

Reminds me of the old Stalin story, I think the below describes the West leadership quite well at the moment, and we'd all be wise to appreciate this story:

On one occasion, so it was narrated, Stalin called for a live chicken and proceeded to use it to make an unforgettable point before some of his henchmen. Forcefully clutching the chicken in one hand, with the other he began to systematically pluck out its feathers. As the chicken struggled in vain to escape, he continued with the painful denuding until the bird was completely stripped. “Now you watch,” Stalin said as he placed the chicken on the floor and walked away with some bread crumbs in his hand. Incredibly, the fear-crazed chicken hobbled toward him and clung to the legs of his trousers. StalinThere is no war protectionthrew a handful of grain to the bird, and it began to follow him around the room, he turned to his dumbfounded colleagues and said quietly, “This is the way to rule the people. Did you see how that chicken followed me for food, even though I had caused it such torture? People are like that chicken. If you inflict inordinate pain on them they will follow you for food the rest of their lives.”

You are talking shit...

Even if US made masks, European countries can buy them... Trump refuses to enact the War Production Act...

Hey dumbass! He already did!

Trump invokes Defense Production Act to require GM to make ventilators

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
Was Obama Responsible for N95 Masks Shortage?
we knew this was coming back in january - plenty of time to prep... but donny ignored it, instead having secret SCIF room meetings at HHS, where the actual experts were kept out but the insider traders were attending.

the virus itself isn't donny's fault - but everything else that has to do with it is all on him.
All we knew in January was about the fake impeachment you liars and the media staged for us all.

donny knew. HHS knew. the inside traders knew.... & they did nothing.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here. After the H1N1 virus outbreak during the Obama administration, supplies were not restocked. But last I looked, Donald Trump has been President since January, 2017. What stopped him from authorizing it?
You idiots that think the president is responsible for everything in the country are the biggest retards of all time. You see that individual states are supposed to take care of themselves, idiot.
If we extend Trump's philosophy that he is an absolute ruler within the executive branch then it follows that he is ultimately responsible for the mistakes of any executive branch agency. He's a pretty handy scapegoat too since he continues to mishandle this crisis. This was his time to shine and finally become The President but unfortunately for us he is incapable of thinking of himself as a public servant.

The blob sent a shitload of it overseas. Where to you ask? China of course.

View attachment 316746

You mean everyone yelling about the deficit might not have had anything to do with it? You mean having Mueller trying to give him a colonoscopy wasn't a concern? You mean the democrats in the house and senate grabbing the mic and condemning him for even daring to look cross eyed gave him nothing else to think about? You think CNN with its 24/7 hate was not a concern? You think that 44 should not have bothered because he wasn't elected to a third term?
I could go on but no matter what you will still blame Trump rather then 44.

Damn. That's the best deflection I've seen on the board today. And I gave you that Obama shares some blame. Look, Trump has no interest in being President. It's just a popularity contest for him. So even if he didn't make all of his own problems with Russia and Ukraine (because he's a fundamentally corrupt liar), he still wouldn't have had any interest in actually doing the job he was elected for. He did what he's capable of. Campaigning, tweeting, bullying.
Around JAN 15th, our news reported that as soon as the Chinese people were told about the new virus, there was absolute mayhem and run at their stores for protective gear and sanitizer....

Search Bloomberg news, they had an article on masks etc selling out in China, (it's hard for me to do on this device) in mid January.

OBVIOUSLY our Pandemic team and National security teams HAD TO KNOW this was happening, if just a reporter knew....

At that very moment, our guys in charge of a pandemic response HAD TO KNOW the same run on masks and sanitizer response by our citizens, would be the same, ( and was the same).....

FAILED IN SECURING SUPPLIES EARLY, for the just in case scenario....

This team is suppose to have foresight.
Do you know how many times sick people in foreign lands hop on a plane to Cuba to avoid the profit oriented USA health care? NOT ONCE!!
Actually genius, it's something like thousands every year.

LefTarded filth have kept our president quite distracted since the 2016 election...that and filthy LefTards have been burying our healthcare system in dirty wetbacks for decades.
We desperately need Auschwitz style concentration camps for Americas worst enemy....THE LEFT.

No one has kept him distracted. Other than the issues he's made all on his own.
Seriously. Pence steps in on March 13th and the ship seems to right itself. Trump's poll numbers go up. Then sometime around March 23rd, they decide to take the training wheels off and let Trump be out front again. Slowly but surely, it heads downhill again. Fauci and the rest of the experts sidelined and second guessed. What happened?
Right. Because being impeached is not a distraction. And don't tell us he brought that on himself. It couldn't be more obvious that it's Pelosi and Adolph Schiffler orchestrated smear.

Obviously not.

Why would you do CPR compressions alone? You tards have already told us they will not resuscitate.

Who and who is not resuscitated is an individual thing based upon their wishes. what the fuck are you even talking about

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here.

No, it kinda isn't and no, you aren't. Lack of protective gear in hospitals is not a new issue. It's gone on for years and it is not the responsibility of the president to make sure that hospitals have it. It's a state and local responsibility.

it's the president's responsibility to prepare for a pandemic sized catastrophe by having PPE in it's stockpile - just like the oil reserves we have. back in january DONNY knew this was heading our way & did no preparing. at all. the pandemic response team was dismantled in 2018 & we just had a gov'ment size mock drill for just this kind of catastrophe & we failed miserably. donny simply wasn't interested.

that is a fact, jack.
The idea that the government would stockpile sufficient supplies for a pandemic of any concievable disease doesn't pass the laugh test.

Obviously not.

Who and who is not resuscitated is an individual thing based upon their wishes. what the fuck are you even talking about

Not what has been claimed on this message board. Oh, wait! I forgot that you were a 32 AFQT Marine. Get child to read it for you.

All lies, as usual.

Obviously not.

So? That sounds like SOP for an infectious disease. They would do the same thing if you had the Swine flu.

They did not do the same thing for the swine flu, they did not even have a negative pressure area till now, they closed down a small 9 bed unit and totally refortified it to be a negative pressure area.

Nurses that have been on the job for two decades say they have never seen anything like what is happening now.

Actually, it kinda is. And we'll be fair here.

No, it kinda isn't and no, you aren't. Lack of protective gear in hospitals is not a new issue. It's gone on for years and it is not the responsibility of the president to make sure that hospitals have it. It's a state and local responsibility.

it's the president's responsibility to prepare for a pandemic sized catastrophe by having PPE in it's stockpile - just like the oil reserves we have. back in january DONNY knew this was heading our way & did no preparing. at all. the pandemic response team was dismantled in 2018 & we just had a gov'ment size mock drill for just this kind of catastrophe & we failed miserably. donny simply wasn't interested.

that is a fact, jack.
The idea that the government would stockpile sufficient supplies for a pandemic of any concievable disease doesn't pass the laugh test.

I bet they will now

Obviously not.

Same for me. My son's fiancee has four people in her ICU that are on ventilators diagnosed with the virus. My sister sees people everyday that could be infected..wearing masks.

No matter what right wing media says...this is real. About as real as it gets.
"She sees people who could be infected?" Run for your lives! 331 million people could be infected!

Forum List

Back