How ignorant is Elizabeth Warren of the economy? A perfect example!

You have the freedom to remain uniformed in America but I would advise against it....

I am far from uninformed, but at least I don't use someone else's opinion piece as the entirety of my belief system.

You do know how to form your own opinion, right?
I just educated you...but some are too blind to learn...that I can't help you with...you are on your own....

You have the freedom to remain uniformed in America but I would advise against it....

I am far from uninformed, but at least I don't use someone else's opinion piece as the entirety of my belief system.

I just educated you...but some are too blind to learn...that I can't help you with...you are on your own....

You shared a link to someone else's opinion.

Good boy. Your Owners are pleased.

You shared a link to someone else's opinion.

Good boy. Your Owners are pleased.
Only an opinion if you don't agree?...you go with that...it will aide you in life....

I have no idea what the OP is trying to say. He is very confused.

But here is how Warren claims she will pay for her socialized medicine plan:

• Employer contributions: Instead of paying premiums to insurers, companies would send an estimated $8.8 trillion over 10 years to the federal government as an "Employer Medicare Contribution."
  • Taxes on the wealthy: Billionaires would be subject to a new tax of three cents on the dollar on net worth above $1 billion. This is in addition to the wealth tax she announced earlier this year, which would also place a 3 percentage point levy on billionaires. Also, the wealthiest 1% would be taxed on capital gains income annually, rather than at the time of sale, and the capital gains rate would be raised to match income tax rates. Combined, this would raise $3 trillion.
  • Reducing tax evasion: Warren argues that she can collect $2.3 trillion by empowering the Internal Revenue Service to crack down on tax evasion and fraud, redirecting the agency's focus to high-income earners.
  • Levies on financial sector and large corporations: Warren would impose a financial transaction tax of .01% on the sale of stocks, bonds and derivatives. She would also make several significant changes to corporate tax law. All together, these would generate $3.8 trillion.
  • Taxing additional take-home pay: Since employees would no longer have to pay their share of health care premiums, their take-home pay would go up. This would raise $1.4 trillion.
Elizabeth Warren releases plan to fund Medicare for All, pledges no middle class tax hike - CNNPolitics

Right now there are 1,400 health insurance companies that employ over 450,000 people. These companies also pay over $100 billion in
Federal, state and local taxes including property taxes.
Eliminate these companies means instead of :
1) 450,000 people paying in along with their employer FICA taxes of 13.4% or at average of $50,000/employee per year: $3 billion a year.
2) 450,000 people on unemployment pay for 99 weeks at average of $246/week or $11 billion per year.
3) Then of course $100 billion in Taxes will NOT be paid... per year.
4) Empty buildings where insurance companies located lower tax revenue on cities,states,etc.
5) One of the biggest savings would come from no more medical malpractice lawsuits being filed...
The average malpractice payment for 2018 was $348,065 or approximately $4,031,987,700 paid to plaintiffs
Medical Malpractice Payout Report for 2018
So do you think these lawyers will allow this???
And how's all that working out for America?

Let me remind you:

U.S. Health Care Costs Skyrocketed to $3.65 Trillion in 2018

Health Insurance Costs Surpass $20,000 Per Year, Hitting a Record

Yea and I bet you are a lawyer too that has contributed to nearly $1 trillion in WASTED health care cost known as "Defensive Medicine"!
Proof???
Prove these physicians are wrong which YOU can't because YOU are not a physician!
And just for clarity... THIS HAS NOTHING to do with malpractice insurance costs. This is to prevent malpractice lawsuits of which there
are
Knowing the medical malpractice statistics can help one realistically assess their situation. Approximately 15 percent of all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits filed throughout the nation result from medical malpractice. This translates into roughly 20,000 medical malpractice claims filed each year, despite estimates that up to 120,000 annual cases of medical negligence occur.
Medical Malpractice Statistics and Lawsuit Information - Medical Malpractice Law Firm

JUST a note... why don't you provide LINKS to substantiate your statements...too lazy???
View attachment 287489
Horseshit.

Defensive medicine adds billions to healthcare costs

J. William Thomas, professor of population health and health policy at the Muskie School of Public Policy in Portland, Maine, believes the cost of defensive medicine is much lower.

“The Jackson Healthcare estimates of defensive medicine costs are significantly higher than those based on current research,” said Thomas.

My own estimate of defensive medicine costs is much lower, in the range of $13 billion. This estimate is based on the most comprehensive data source currently available, and is in agreement with the results of other recent studies using comprehensive data,” he continued.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates the cost of defensive medicine to be $54 billion over ten years, yet another distinctly different number.

NO LINKS! Just YOUR comments.
Horseshit.

My link is right there in front of your face, blind monkey.

Right now there are 1,400 health insurance companies that employ over 450,000 people. These companies also pay over $100 billion in
Federal, state and local taxes including property taxes.
Eliminate these companies means instead of :
1) 450,000 people paying in along with their employer FICA taxes of 13.4% or at average of $50,000/employee per year: $3 billion a year.
2) 450,000 people on unemployment pay for 99 weeks at average of $246/week or $11 billion per year.
3) Then of course $100 billion in Taxes will NOT be paid... per year.
4) Empty buildings where insurance companies located lower tax revenue on cities,states,etc.
5) One of the biggest savings would come from no more medical malpractice lawsuits being filed...
The average malpractice payment for 2018 was $348,065 or approximately $4,031,987,700 paid to plaintiffs
Medical Malpractice Payout Report for 2018
So do you think these lawyers will allow this???
And how's all that working out for America?

Let me remind you:

U.S. Health Care Costs Skyrocketed to $3.65 Trillion in 2018

Health Insurance Costs Surpass $20,000 Per Year, Hitting a Record

Yea and I bet you are a lawyer too that has contributed to nearly $1 trillion in WASTED health care cost known as "Defensive Medicine"!
Proof???
Prove these physicians are wrong which YOU can't because YOU are not a physician!
And just for clarity... THIS HAS NOTHING to do with malpractice insurance costs. This is to prevent malpractice lawsuits of which there
are
Knowing the medical malpractice statistics can help one realistically assess their situation. Approximately 15 percent of all personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits filed throughout the nation result from medical malpractice. This translates into roughly 20,000 medical malpractice claims filed each year, despite estimates that up to 120,000 annual cases of medical negligence occur.
Medical Malpractice Statistics and Lawsuit Information - Medical Malpractice Law Firm

JUST a note... why don't you provide LINKS to substantiate your statements...too lazy???
View attachment 287489
Horseshit.

Defensive medicine adds billions to healthcare costs

J. William Thomas, professor of population health and health policy at the Muskie School of Public Policy in Portland, Maine, believes the cost of defensive medicine is much lower.

“The Jackson Healthcare estimates of defensive medicine costs are significantly higher than those based on current research,” said Thomas.

My own estimate of defensive medicine costs is much lower, in the range of $13 billion. This estimate is based on the most comprehensive data source currently available, and is in agreement with the results of other recent studies using comprehensive data,” he continued.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates the cost of defensive medicine to be $54 billion over ten years, yet another distinctly different number.

NO LINKS! Just YOUR comments.
Horseshit.

My link is right there in front of your face, blind monkey.

Give him time. His screen reader is slow.

Warren will have to raise to taxes on the middle class. She is lying when she says otherwise. The money simply doesn't exist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...zabeth-warren-would-raise-taxes-middle-class/

Guest Commentary: Elizabeth Warren will have to raise taxes on the middle class

OK Good, I'll pay more in taxes to ensure we live in an actual society and not the haves and have-nots.

LOL...The problem is what will happen is the haves will be extremely wealthy but the rest will all be equally miserable. That includes the current middle class. You guys need a serious economics lesson. You cannot legislate economic equality. Some work harder and know more than others. That is life. Grow up.

You really should read your own links, dipshit:

The overuse of tests and procedures due to fear of malpractice litigation, known as defensive medicine,1 is estimated to cost $46 billion annually in the US,2 but these costs have been measured only indirectly.

<snip>

In conclusion, although a large portion of hospital orders had some defensive component, our study found that few orders were completely defensive, and that physicians’ attitudes about defensive medicine did not correlate with cost. Our findings suggest that only a small portion of medical costs might be reduced by tort reform.

So they started out with a baseline estimate of $46 billion annually. Way, way, way LESS than your bullshit claim of $1 trillion. And then their study found that defensive medicine is probably even less than $46 billion.

You just shot your own face off, dumbass.

Warren will have to raise to taxes on the middle class. She is lying when she says otherwise. The money simply doesn't exist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...zabeth-warren-would-raise-taxes-middle-class/

Guest Commentary: Elizabeth Warren will have to raise taxes on the middle class

OK Good, I'll pay more in taxes to ensure we live in an actual society and not the haves and have-nots.

LOL...The problem is what will happen is the haves will be extremely wealthy but the rest will all be equally miserable. That includes the current middle class. You guys need a serious economics lesson. You cannot legislate economic equality. Some work harder and know more than others. That is life. Grow up.

Cute story gramps. Can't wait to hear more of your nuggets of wisdom.

Most people won't be willing to as you'll see over time should her or Bernie get the nod. Medicare for all sounds wonderful until people realize what they actually have to pay to get it for "free."

The legislation that Sanders has written, and that many of his colleagues and potential Democratic primary opponents endorsed, would expressly ban private insurance plans that compete with the government.

That turns out to be a fairly unpopular idea. According to Kaiser, support for Medicare for all drops to 37 percent if survey takers are told that the bill would eliminate private insurance companies, with 58 percent opposed.

They need to convince Americans that paying higher taxes won’t burden them, since they’ll no longer have to pay insurance premiums (60 percent of respondents to Kaiser said they’d oppose Medicare for all if it meant most Americans had to pay higher taxes). And they need to win over Americans who want to hold onto their current coverage, even if it may be less than perfect. Right now, the country seems a little more primed to accept a plan that gives them at least some semblance of choice—something that looks more like a mega public option.

Medicare for All Doesn’t Mean What Americans Think It Means

She's not ignorant. She's a liar. She has no intention of following through with her outlandish proposals.

I agree and only an idiot would think her proposal was a good one.

Hell she'd bankrupt the country with that proposal.

Forum List

Back