How I Feel my Voice Was Heard by Mr. Trump

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
It's Thanksgiving and I'm sitting here thinking about all the years behind me. But more importantly, how I feel brighter days are ahead for America with our current POTUS. I went back to find a post I made here in 2013 and have included it below. There is also the link in case you want to review the complete thread. I was pretty down with the path we were on in America. But since that time, I feel my prayers were answered. My voice was heard, along with many others in America, who felt in some regard just like I did during that time.

Things are looking up, I don't feel today like i did in April of 2013.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------
Because I was raised to love God & Country. My grandparents were hard working tobacco farmers for all their lives. They never ventured far from their home in Tennessee. During my youth, I spent my summers there working in the hot August fields and in the top of some bat and spider infested barns. But you know what? It felt like Utopia. The family would gather on Sundays for dinner (lunch down south) then retire to the vast fields for games of baseball until the lighting bugs blinked at sunset. America was a different place then. It was a place were a man was judged by the sweat off his brow and how he provided for his family. As grandma used to say; "I don't care if you dig a ditch for a living, just dig it to the best of your ability". They were true Americans who taught me the value and pride which comes from a hard days work.

I have tried to pass the culture to my son's. And to some extent, it is still a work in progress. It's just hard for them to see the forest through the trees. Some today get more fired up about a new release of the Ipad than it does at the prospects of employment. Sad

What would my grandparents think today of the America that turned it's back on their values? I picture the Indian with a tear in his eye (viewing litter) from the commercial years ago. The difference today is he would be reduced to a mere man on his knees viewing the cesspool society has manifested and nurtured.

The election was a referendum on the American Dream as my generation knew it. The shear fact that a little over half of us (America collectively) voted for the continued weakening of our National Sovernity is hard to stomach.

I can only hope the reason immigrants flock to America is because of the image it used to reflect, not the image of today. But as the subj: reads, I am on the slippery slope called hope and am growing more bitter by the day.

The Rise and Fall of the American Empire

It's Thanksgiving and I'm sitting here thinking about all the years behind me. But more importantly, how I feel brighter days are ahead for America with our current POTUS. I went back to find a post I made here in 2013 and have included it below. There is also the link in case you want to review the complete thread. I was pretty down with the path we were on in America. But since that time, I feel my prayers were answered. My voice was heard, along with many others in America, who felt in some regard just like I did during that time.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------
Because I was raised to love God & Country. My grandparents were hard working tobacco farmers for all their lives. They never ventured far from their home in Tennessee. During my youth, I spent my summers there working in the hot August fields and in the top of some bat and spider infested barns. But you know what? It felt like Utopia. The family would gather on Sundays for dinner (lunch down south) then retire to the vast fields for games of baseball until the lighting bugs blinked at sunset. America was a different place then. It was a place were a man was judged by the sweat off his brow and how he provided for his family. As grandma used to say; "I don't care if you dig a ditch for a living, just dig it to the best of your ability". They were true Americans who taught me the value and pride which comes from a hard days work.

I have tried to pass the culture to my son's. And to some extent, it is still a work in progress. It's just hard for them to see the forest through the trees. Some today get more fired up about a new release of the Ipad than it does at the prospects of employment. Sad

What would my grandparents think today of the America that turned it's back on their values? I picture the Indian with a tear in his eye (viewing litter) from the commercial years ago. The difference today is he would be reduced to a mere man on his knees viewing the cesspool society has manifested and nurtured.

The election was a referendum on the American Dream as my generation knew it. The shear fact that a little over half of us (America collectively) voted for the continued weakening of our National Sovernity is hard to stomach.

I can only hope the reason immigrants flock to America is because of the image it used to reflect, not the image of today. But as the subj: reads, I am on the slippery slope called hope and am growing more bitter by the day.

Nice, thank you for sharing again or I would not have seen it as we didn't have Internet in 2013. I do say things are looking up for some but so much has gotten out of whack it will take awhile for it all to be remedied.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

Nice, thank you for sharing again or I would not have seen it as we didn't have Internet in 2013. I do say things are looking up for some but so much has gotten out of whack it will take awhile for it all to be remedied.
To some, our return to baseball, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet is not recognizable

-Geaux

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The good old days when people could make a living giving other Americans cancer.
The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.
I believe the American right wing misses those days.
Thank God they are almost gone.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The good old days when people could make a living giving other Americans cancer.
The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.
Republicans don’t realize how amazing shit is these days. Look at the OP snowflake, dreaming of a return to spreading around cigarettes and not having air conditioning, just because he’s scared brown people want to come here.

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.

Yep.

And a serial philanderer, rip-off artist, serial bankrupt and reality-tv goof answered the "prayers". Like nothing quite symbolizes the sweat off a real man's brow and family values like tax dodging to the tune of hundreds of millions, and the man's personal Vietnam, heroically fighting STDs.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.
"The good ole days" when you had no choice but to mind your own business and leave others and their personal business alone without having to make laws for you could be a dictator (that should be just shortened to dick and many of us would get it), yeah. Or how about the "good ole days" when you give one another AIDS you did not demand everyone else pay your medical bill. We could also go with the "good old days" prior to so many antichrist being able to stomp out the voice of reason, you should like that one. Your 'thanking God' is premature as the backlash isn't over yet for what you anti's have tried to do to people minding their own affairs.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

To some, our return to baseball, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet is not recognizable

-Geaux
When the lawless are in charge and it becomes unbearable is when the people cry out when they return back to God. The lawless are only permitted for a brief moment, they do not actually rule much of anything other than those who flaunt their lawlessness in front of God, refuse sound instruction, deprive the innocent and mock God and his creation.

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.
Republicans don’t realize how amazing shit is these days. Look at the OP snowflake, dreaming of a return to spreading around cigarettes and not having air conditioning, just because he’s scared brown people want to come here.
I take it you disagree with ones personal choice to consume tobacco?

-Geaux

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.

-Geaux
I disagree with your parents generation using cartoons to get kids addicted

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.

-Geaux
Cartoons did not cause one to choose to smoke. It is a personal choice that requires one to accept the consequence of THEIR decision. I refuse to blame anyone else for my own choices in life.

-Geaux

Do you?

-Geaux
-------------------

The days of lynchings.
Jim Crowe.

-Geaux
Cartoons did not cause one to choose to smoke. It is a personal choice that requires one to accept the consequence of THEIR decision. I refuse to blame anyone else for my own choices in life.

-Geaux
That’s what I say when I sell poison to kids and am called out about it. But my voice was heard by Mr. Trump, who also yearns for a time when I could poison kids proudly. And lynch a ****** or two.

Forum List

Back