Zone1 How Hard Is God's Job?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I know that God can handle everything, but do you think He always finds the job easy? What I mean by that is when children are getting raped, or if somebody is dying of cancer, do you think He ever just has times of being upset? He obviously loves His children, so I would think at times where He just can't intervene does He ever feel like man, I wish I could do something but it wouldn't be doing them any good if I did?

I honestly don't know why He doesn't do something about children being raped, but my only guess is that it's because He gave the rapist free will. I also think He doesn't do anything about children dying of cancer because He relieves their suffering and calls them home. Then again, I'm not God so I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
I know that God can handle everything, but do you think He always finds the job easy? What I mean by that is when children are getting raped, or if somebody is dying of cancer, do you think He ever just has times of being upset? He obviously loves His children, so I would think at times where He just can't intervene does He ever feel like man, I wish I could do something but it wouldn't be doing them any good if I did.

I honestly don't know why He doesn't do something about children being raped, but my only guess is that it's because He gave the rapist free will. I also think He doesn't do anything about children dying of cancer because He relieves their suffering and calls them home. Then again, I'm not God so I don't know for sure.

1. I think God finding the job of God hard would be like us thinking about--is the job of being human hard? I would have to think about that but...human is just what I AM. It's sometimes hard to be all that entails, with a body, being a wife and mother with responsibilities, etc. But it's just what and who I am, human. I think the way the Bible describes God, He has "immutable" characteristics like that---unchanging, eternal.

2. When I read your post I thought of Jesus weeping just before He raised Lazarus. That verse really gets me sometimes. There He is--He knows what He can do, what He's about to do. But He still shares the pain of grief, loss and death. So there maybe is your "full" answer. The Son--the second part of the Trinity--certainly did and does feel pain. Deeply. Immediately. And cried. :(

3. I think re: evil--yes, people do bad things. And this is not yet the end, and there is so, so much we don't know, and can't know. Yet.

Agreed,.. but being human certainly isn't always easy so yes I would have to say that depending on the situation, it can be hard sometimes.

I know that God can handle everything, but do you think He always finds the job easy? What I mean by that is when children are getting raped, or if somebody is dying of cancer, do you think He ever just has times of being upset? He obviously loves His children, so I would think at times where He just can't intervene does He ever feel like man, I wish I could do something but it wouldn't be doing them any good if I did?

It is not our place to tell God what his job description is.

The vast, vast, vast bulk of human suffering is caused by our own will, not God's.

If God intervened every time someone was suffering, then we would not have free will. We would be like spoiled children, ever demanding more and more from God as if he were Santa.

It is not our place to tell God what his job description is.

The vast, vast, vast bulk of human suffering is caused by our own will, not God's.

If God intervened every time someone was suffering, then we would not have free will. We would be like spoiled children, ever demanding more and more from God as if he were Santa.
Why would any omnipotent being want free will from their creation? Doesn't make sense. If God created this universe he made it look exactly like everything is ruled by chaos and entropy and nothing else.

Forum List

Back