How foreigners get to choose our Prime Minister

They reckon Truss will easily beat Starmer even though she will be taking the Tories once again into the never before reached UK right....but no wonder, Starmer stands for nothing except..... he seems to be beating Boris on lying - all those tasty lies he gave to be voted leader of labour coming out. Latest being about standing with Unions and strikers.
She has got a better insight into the membership thn him.She is promising them what they want. Its terrifying.
I do think that the whole show is going to come down about her ears in a little while.
She has no answers to any of the problems and seems more interested in the culture wars than sorting out Britain.
She will do her tax cuts and then thats it.
She is determined to have a trade war and we will see Ulster in flames before long.
Scottish Indy looks nailed on.

Why would Biden be able to speak for them?
Why is Russia so insecure? Is it because they're a shithole?
Of course, they are a shithole. But it is not only about that at all.

All the deeds of the Putin regime of the last years were possible not because they felt themselves insecure. On the contrary, Russia's de facto ultimatum to the West in December 2021 and the war in Ukraine were possible because Russian 'elites' felt themselves too confident, they thought they could talk with Washington, Brussels, London, Berlin, Paris and so on from a position of strength.

About Biden being able to speak for them. Basically yes. What they could do? The dictators of the Central Asia would be okay with that, because they already cooperate with Russia. Belarus and Armenia are already in Russian sphere. Azerbaijan has some protection because of close ties with Turkey.

It is only Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia would have had to make a hard choice. But without Western support they could have done nothing against Russia.

She has got a better insight into the membership thn him.She is promising them what they want. Its terrifying.
I do think that the whole show is going to come down about her ears in a little while.
She has no answers to any of the problems and seems more interested in the culture wars than sorting out Britain.
She will do her tax cuts and then thats it.
She is determined to have a trade war and we will see Ulster in flames before long.
Scottish Indy looks nailed on.

This really is worth watching whether you are an American or a Brit. You can leave out Alex Jones, I did but do you really want your family hungry and cold just so those who did nothing can get your loot. Inflation to feed the rich from your pocket.

and of course England is getting a genuine alternative voice moving

Last edited:
Maybe. But I base my opinion on what I read on this forum. I don't exclude that there are some number of paid trolls here, but clearly they are in a vast minority.
What I'm saying is don't take what you read here as representative of the GOP. 99% of regular Americans don't post on Internet forums or even pay much attention to politics. The online community is an activist community, the right wing media caters to that crowd, and these forums tend to reflect that view.
That is not actually about someone posting shit about Ukraine. I may well be doing so also if I were an American, knowing some Ukrainian realities.

But there are some loons (who I am sure not paid trolles) who openly cheer successes of Russian army. Especially that was obvious in the spring. Fucking shit, this is the army who will support the Chinese and the Iranians in possible wars against your own army.
The cheers always seem to include some kind of slur. Usually the "Nazi" caricature.

I think you judge Biden right, but it was the European NATO countries that pulled him along, rather than Putin's ridiculous demands. Biden will never lead the way, he is just a chicken who talks tough. Always has been.

Last edited:
Josh hawley is a big Putin fan.
No, he is a political animal who is cultivating a base. Most of the GOP objections to the Ukraine packages have been over the lack of controls over the dollars, not the weapons that come from inventory.

It's the money that goes into the black holes of NGO's and USAID that they don't like.

Yes, I know. But I doubt they would have been asked about that.
Did you see the readout of the meeting between Putin and Macron just before the invasion?

Macron was making promises for Biden and Zelensky both. Putin sat there and lied to his face, and it embarrassed Macron (which is why the exchange was made public- a major breach of protocol).

Did you see the readout of the meeting between Putin and Macron just before the invasion?

Macron was making promises for Biden and Zelensky both. Putin sat there and lied to his face, and it embarrassed Macron (which is why the exchange was made public- a major breach of protocol).
Yeah, Macron and Putin. Quite pathetic picture, isn't it?

If you want to comprehend a West European mindset toward Russia in the last years before the invasion, take a look at the Council of Europe. It is quite telling.

After the Crimean invasion, the CE postponed Russia's membership there, issued a number of resolutions condemning the annexation, political purges, violation of human rights etc.

Two years passed and some countries decided to restore Russian membership in full. Of course, Ukraine and some East European countries sharply condemned this idea, because it would give Russia a false impression of impunity and show European weakness.

Russian advocates said it wouldn't be correct to isolate Russia, that European security was impossible without Russia and the means of dialogue shouldn't be severed and other bullshit. Well, I hope they enjoy the dialogue in full now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back