How Donald Trump Can Become House Speaker

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Just when you think crazy has a limit!!

Some Republicans may be looking to possible alternative candidates and one seemingly unlikely choice is former President Donald Trump, who is not a member of the House.
Republican Representative Lauren Boebert suggested that she could nominate Trump during an interview with Sean Hannity on Wednesday. She had voted for Donalds on Wednesday and previously voted for Representative Jim Jordan on Tuesday.
"There are certainly names that have been floated around, and hey, maybe I should nominate President Donald J. Trump tomorrow," Boebert told Hannity.
That's a suggestion that has been floated by some of the former president's supporters in the past and it is technically possible for Trump to fill that role if a majority of those voting choose him.
Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

The Constitution does not specify that the speaker must actually be a member of the House and the Congressional Research Service emphasized that point in a 2021 report about elections for the speaker.

Just when you think crazy has a limit!!

Some Republicans may be looking to possible alternative candidates and one seemingly unlikely choice is former President Donald Trump, who is not a member of the House.
Republican Representative Lauren Boebert suggested that she could nominate Trump during an interview with Sean Hannity on Wednesday. She had voted for Donalds on Wednesday and previously voted for Representative Jim Jordan on Tuesday.
"There are certainly names that have been floated around, and hey, maybe I should nominate President Donald J. Trump tomorrow," Boebert told Hannity.
That's a suggestion that has been floated by some of the former president's supporters in the past and it is technically possible for Trump to fill that role if a majority of those voting choose him.
Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

The Constitution does not specify that the speaker must actually be a member of the House and the Congressional Research Service emphasized that point in a 2021 report about elections for the speaker.
Regardless, Trump will be the "speaker" and will simply pull the strings of whoever they decide to be his puppet.

I don't remember ever seeing an x president be so involved in politics after their loss as Trump seems to be, but I guess when you have a stranglehold on a large block of voters you can do what you want even after leaving politics.

You think gridlock is bad now, it can only get worse if Trump is put in as Speaker.

And...................I find it interesting that Republicans are always screaming about how they want to go by the Constitution, yet since Trump came around, they are constantly looking for loopholes to get around it. Yeah, they can put Trump in as Speaker, no, he doesn't have to be an elected official according to an interpretation of the Constitution by using a loophole, but I'm pretty sure that the Founding Fathers kinda figured that it would be someone who had already been elected to Congress, not some schmuck off the street who was able to con the party.

Personally I'd like to see trump as speaker. I think that would be the best place for him to be. I'd rather see desantis as president or even gabbard if she ran again.

Fine with me, so long as he can pass a polygraph test and stay out of prison..

Well polygraphs aren't a problem because they are nonsense and unreliable. There is a reason no court makes people take them, they are fake nonsense based off of unproven pseudo science with way too many variables to be of any value.

And stay out of jail? He has been impeached twice, had the Jan 6 committee made up of people who hate his guts on him for over a year, fbi raid his home looking for documents, and been hounded for the past 6 years and hasn't been found guilty of anything once. No politician no matter how smart could outwit as much scrutiny as he has by the overwhelming amount of opposition as he has.

And stay out of jail? He has been impeached twice, had the Jan 6 committee made up of people who hate his guts on him for over a year, fbi raid his home looking for documents, and been hounded for the past 6 years and hasn't been found guilty of anything once. No politician no matter how smart could outwit as much scrutiny as he has by the overwhelming amount of opposition as he has.

Hillary hasn't so much as been charged, no less "lock her up", and she's been investigated for the last 30 years.

Sorry, but the wheels of justice turn slowly. Just ask all the people with lots of money who have managed to get things delayed for several years. And, to tell you the truth, I'm guessing that Trump has lots of lawyers doing just that very thing. I'm guessing he's gonna delay his court dates as long as possible. Remember, he just left office only a couple of years ago. Give it time, I'm sure that when the lawsuits start hitting the courts, it's gonna be all over the news. The only reason he's not been found guilty yet is because he hasn't been to court yet. The only thing that kept him out of court was because he was a sitting president. Now that he's a private citizen again? Stuff is gonna happen, and I'm guessing within the next 6 months we're gonna hear about courts wanting him to appear.

Well polygraphs aren't a problem because they are nonsense and unreliable.
Ehhh, not so fast.
In 2018, Wired magazine reported that an estimated 2.5 million polygraph tests were given each year in the United States, with the majority administered to paramedics, police officers, firefighters, and state troopers. The average cost to administer the test is more than $700 and is part of a $2 billion industry.[9]

In 2007, polygraph testimony was admitted by stipulation in 19 states, and was subject to the discretion of the trial judge in federal court. The use of polygraph in court testimony remains controversial, although it is used extensively in post-conviction supervision, particularly of sex offenders.
Sex offenders.. Donny "by the pussy" McSmut? And what's good for the "paramedics, police officers, firefighters, and state trooper" geese is Shirley good for the grabber? Simply forcing that pig to randomly and regularly submit to being tested by a big, hairy, PA State Pooper would be justice in itself. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back