How do you think the Army should cut back spending?

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
I expect comedy to be inbound, but seriously, where do you think the Army spends a lot of money that it shouldn't. Moreover we are going to spend more for it.
It is infuriating to see money blatantly wasted, and be told in the same breath that my DTS hasn't been paid for a long time because there's no money.
7249_600.jpg

I expect comedy to be inbound, but seriously, where do you think the Army spends a lot of money that it shouldn't. Moreover we are going to spend more for it.
It is infuriating to see money blatantly wasted, and be told in the same breath that my DTS hasn't been paid for a long time because there's no money.
7249_600.jpg
Execute Hassan K. Akbar and Nidal Hassan before their next meals.

Our troop strength has been cut to the bone, which is why many professional soldiers have done 4,5, or even 6 tours in hot zones.

What would you like to do? Eliminate bullets? That'd save some money, yes? Well here's some recent history for you: In the weeks following 9/11 as our Rangers were hastily being marshalled for the invasion of Afghanistan, groups were sent out from Ft, Campbell, Kentucky to Walmart and other stores that stocked 9mm Lugar ammunition for their side arms, because Clinton had raped the military budget by 40% so his administration could show a "budget surplus". Our Rangers didn't have fucking bullets! There wasn't enough at Ft. Campbell to arm a Ranger Regiment according to established SOP (standard operating procedure) dictates for a war footing.

Honestly, I hope the next 9/11 is a Pakistani nuke mushroom in San Francisco Bay. We'll never hear another White House snivel about taking bullets away from Rangers...ever again.

It's thinking like that heading this thread, that prompted six million middle class women to abandon the democrat party in the midterms. They don't want to hear whining about disarming our nation with the global situation so volatile right now. They're scared, and they're probably right to be scared. Of course democrats could hoist the arms and go forth to defend our nation, couldn't they? I'm laughing my ass off as I typed that last sentence.

Last edited:
They could stop with the social experiment of women in combat roles.
Total waste of money and a morale buster.

I totally agree. Total waste of resources. In fact we should bring most of our troops home.
There is no problem in the Mid-East that cannot be handled with B-52's and dumb bombs.

The sooner we accept this, and the collateral damage, the better.

The US is not spending enough on offence. Its expenditure only matches the spending of the next 10 or so nations combined. How can it maintain its credibility with such a poor effort? No one should rest until US offence spending matches the total of the rest of the world, nothing else is acceptable.

Last edited:
Very simple..... pull ALL US Forces back inside the country. Close all foreign bases.
I absolutely agree.

How can our military protect this nation, when they are
not even in the country they're defending?

Close all our foreign bases. Unless, of coarse, a particular country wants our base there and is willing to pay for all expenses. We'll keep the base there and send them a monthly bill.

Another thing we can do, is stop fighting all these bullshit wars. That'll save $12 billion a month.

And end this bogus "war on terror". We've spent over $6 trillion US tax payer dollars on this bullshit and have received nothing in return. It's time to end it.

And end this bogus "war on terror". We've spent over $6 trillion US tax payer dollars on this bullshit and have received nothing in return. It's time to end it.
Don't do that, you'll just have to spend a fortune finding the next one.

7249_600.jpg
Contractors. Wtf is the point of underpaying a bunch of people if you just pay a few civilians to do the same thing for 3 times the price. But it is profitable business. America earns a lot of money on wars all around the world.

Unfortunately the Army is in reality a federal bureaucracy and as a bureaucracy it's primary function is to get more funding. State and local bureaucracies will tell you the same thing. Since the Army is run by civilians it is the duty of civilians to get input from the Army and determine how they can take the burden off taxpayers and still maintain the Founding Fathers duty of the federal government "to provide for the common defense".

I don't agree the Army should cut back spending. We need to stop foreign aid and participation in the UN as a start. Then we need to stop throwing money away on "global warming" and other fraudulent EPA issues. Then we should cut out Obama's luxury vacations and presents on the taxpayer's dime. And then we need a government that doesn't spent our money to arm and supply our enemies.

Forum List

Back