How Do You See God?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I remember once how I went to a Baptist church and I wound up being afraid of God because I thought that He was angry with me. Then I changed to a Methodist church and saw the loving side of God instead. Now, I'm obviously not saying that all Baptists are to be feared, because JohnDB is a Baptist and nothing like those people that I came across. My point is that God never actually changed, it's how we see Him ourselves that changes.

Yeah,.. God is,.. not Mary. First time I agreed with you all night.

I remember once how I went to a Baptist church and I wound up being afraid of God because I thought that He was angry with me. Then I changed to a Methodist church and saw the loving side of God instead. Now, I'm obviously not saying that all Baptists are to be feared, because JohnDB is a Baptist and nothing like those people that I came across. My point is that God never actually changed, it's how we see Him ourselves that changes.
If he's a Baptist, he's exactly like those other people.

If he's a Baptist, he's exactly like those other people.

No he's not and just for the record I'm not saying that Mary isn't love at all,.. I'm just sick and tired of people comparing her to God because it just isn't possible.

I'm just sick and tired of people comparing her to God because it just isn't possible.
Who is it that is comparing Mary to God? We have already established Catholics do not; Mary is admired and honored for her obedience to God, for her part in His plan. It reminds us we, too, are a part of God's plan with our own role. May our response be similar to Mary or any Saint: May it be done to me according to Your will. Most see this attitude as submissive. Not sure why you are intent in elevating it into something that is not, never was, nor ever will be.

Depends upon what kind of SPIRIT that you allow to grow within you...i.e., your mind. The Kingdom of God is not some physical kingdom created by man, the Kingdom of God resides within the believer.

"The kingdom of God (aka., the church in heaven and on earth) does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See Here!' or 'See There!' For indeed the kingdom of God is within you." -- Luke 17:20-21.

There's an old native American Axiom (story, i.e., analogy). The story goes, "Within man there are 2 combating beasts wrestling for control of the man........much like a wolf........the one that always wins is the stronger one. What makes one stronger than the other........THE ONE YOU FEED THE MOST".

The Christ suggests that we allow the Holy Spirit of God guide our lives. How does one have access to the knowledge provided by the Spirit of God? You feed your Spirit (your mind).......the spirit that controls your life via the things you think about, reason, and make daily decisions (i.e., free will decisions). You feed your spirit the inspired messages revealed in the Holy Scriptures. Then.........the Holy Spirit of God lives within you, as the Spirit of God comes in contract with your free will spirit. You consume the spiritual messages of Truth delivered via God Incarnate Himself.......via observing the teachings of Jesus the Christ.

Which Hungry Wolf controls you? Which spirit do you feed the most?

We have already established Catholics do not; Mary is admired and honored for her obedience to God, for her part in His plan.
Sorry.No offense intended, but that is hogwash. Who established Catholics don't worship Mary like the Hebrews did the golden calf? And they do. Statues, Hail Mary's, and all manner of groveling to a VESSEL that was chosen by God. So instead of fawning all over her, God is the one that should be fawned over. Not a pope. Not a woman that was a vessel ONLY. Other than give birth to Jesus, what else did she do that was so worshipful? As for her obedience..she didn't really have a say in the matter. He chose HER. Good woman, yes. Grovel at her feet? No.

I honestly ask that, not as a diss. I just flat out don't "get it" the whys and wherefores.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I do not see God as described by the Athanasian Creed. I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate and distinct beings as well as separate and distinct personages. All three form a quorum which we call the Godhead. The oneness which all three have is in having the same desire, purpose, truth and glory. We learn from the Apostle John that the oneness of God, Jesus, and ourselves is not a oneness of being the same being.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

If we can become one with the Father and Jesus, even as they are one with themselves, then are we to think that we actually become the same being as God? No! We are all separate and distinct beings and personages but we can all become one in desire, purpose, truth and glory. The light and truth and glory of God is a part of his nature. As we receive light and truth and glory, we have a part of God within us and we can become like him.

I believe that God is the actual physical Father of our spirits. We are his offspring:

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Gods beget gods in their own likeness and image. I believe our spirits preexisted this world:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Job 38:3-7
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

I believe that God is an exalted man. I believe that our spirits and bodies are created in the very image and likeness of God. I believe that God the Father is a resurrected being and that Jesus is the express image of his Father.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This is why Jesus taught:

John 14:8-9
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

We are the literal spirit children of God and his very offspring. For this reason Jesus said that we are gods. We are the very children of God the Father of us all.

Psalm 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:31-36
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

God wants us to repent and choose to be just like him:

1 John 3:2​

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Matthew 5:48​

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Last edited:

Backwards looking dog.

I was going to answer the question from my experience. But then I realized I kind of misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking how I see God in different things (in other words, ways that God is revealed.) But I just reread the original post and I guess you were asking how we see God, as in our overall take on his nature. Right?

Depends upon what kind of SPIRIT that you allow to grow within you...i.e., your mind. The Kingdom of God is not some physical kingdom created by man, the Kingdom of God resides within the believer.

"The kingdom of God (aka., the church in heaven and on earth) does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See Here!' or 'See There!' For indeed the kingdom of God is within you." -- Luke 17:20-21.

There's an old native American Axiom (story, i.e., analogy). The story goes, "Within man there are 2 combating beasts wrestling for control of the man........much like a wolf........the one that always wins is the stronger one. What makes one stronger than the other........THE ONE YOU FEED THE MOST".

The Christ suggests that we allow the Holy Spirit of God guide our lives. How does one have access to the knowledge provided by the Spirit of God? You feed your Spirit (your mind).......the spirit that controls your life via the things you think about, reason, and make daily decisions (i.e., free will decisions). You feed your spirit the inspired messages revealed in the Holy Scriptures. Then.........the Holy Spirit of God lives within you, as the Spirit of God comes in contract with your free will spirit. You consume the spiritual messages of Truth delivered via God Incarnate Himself.......via observing the teachings of Jesus the Christ.

Which Hungry Wolf controls you? Which spirit do you feed the most?
Sorry, I'm afraid that I don't understand your question. :/

I was going to answer the question from my experience. But then I realized I kind of misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking how I see God in different things (in other words, ways that God is revealed.) But I just reread the original post and I guess you were asking how we see God, as in our overall take on his nature. Right?

Yep.

Catholics>Methodists :)

Forum List

Back