How do you really feel about the illegal migrants?

Concerning illegal immigration my position is:

• 1. All who want to be in America should be allowed to come.

• 2. Only those the court grants asylum should be allowed to come.

• 3. The U.S. has plenty of money to help all who come.

• 4. If we take in all the world's poor we won't be able to help ourselves or anybody else.

• 5. All persons coming to the USA should obey VISA and Immigration Law.

• 6. Other I'll explain in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is a problem. I say we hire 87,000 new IRS workers. That will solve the problem.
/------/ LOL
1664222497222.png

I believe that we need to seal the US Borders until we can account for every single human being in the United States and every US Citizen overseas. All foreigners (non-US Citizens) and especially illegals need to be removed from the country. All US Citizens abroad should be offered the opportunity to return to the US permanently or lose their citizenship.

Then, after we have determined the REAL population of the United States, and with greatly increased security and monitoring, foreign visas should be considered for non-permanent travel to the USA. Permanent immigration should only be offered to individuals with the skills to support themselves and a willingness to assimilate to American Culture.

All three choices are bad

Even #2 is off kilter

I want only outstanding people who contribute immediately

Also allow wives and children, but no uncles, granny, brothers ect

All asylum seekers should be denied
I agree except there are some requests for asylum that we should accept, but those are relatively rare. Outside of those very rare requests, the people can make a formal request but should be required to wait outside the USA until their case can be heard which could take years. Most give up and go home.

I agree except there are some requests for asylum that we should accept, but those are relatively rare. Outside of those very rare requests, the people can make a formal request but should be required to wait outside the USA until their case can be heard which could take years. Most give up and go home.

And if you are caught entering illegally, it should be an automatic disqualification for asylum.

And if you are caught entering illegally, it should be an automatic disqualification for asylum.
I agree. And those who deliberately cross the border illegally for the purpose of living here and/or committing other crime anyway, should be deported and banned from ever being able to immigrate legally or receive a green card. That provision alone would stop the invasion.

Do you want the border closed or should the USA welcome all poor migrants who want to come here, no question asked?

Does the U.S. economy have to have illegal migrants for 'jobs Americans won't do'?

New York city will almost certainly create tent cities for the migrants complete with bathroom and shower facilities and of course these people will also need clothing, food, medical care, education for their children. Is it right, humanitarian, just that the federal government, i.e. your tax dollars, cover the substantial costs involved?

Does the plight of the poor migrants who just want a better life justify some rapists, drug dealers, thieves, violent gang members, terrorists coming across the southern border with them?

The border patrol says most migrants are coming from Mexico, Central and South America but among them are people from more than 100 different countries. Counting those we know about plus those who eluded the border patrol, we are on track to add 4 to 5 million more migrants to the U.S. population in 2021 and 2022 alone. How many can we take until there are no more resources for us to help them or anybody else or maybe ourselves?

Current polls say that the economy and national security are the greatest concerns of American voters right now, but immigration is high up there. While Biden and KJP continue to say the border is secure on national television, if the MSM was reporting the crisis on the border, immigration could be equal with the economy.

But what say you?
People do not realize the enormous costs that these immigrants represent especially if they are pregnant or have small children. Yes many of them will become fantastic workers. I've seen them working the fields or working in restaurants. I don't think most Americans could keep up with them. But it is a mixed bag, some will become complete wards of the state, some have diseases, some will get seriously ill or injured. Some are straight up criminals or terrorists who knows the cost in money and human life they represent. This is a country committing suicide, we MUST return to our LEGAL immigration system. Mexico need to be held accountable for their role in facilitating the attack. There are many other countries these immigrants pass by that would be perfectly fine for asylum but they all come HERE. This has to stop.

Acceptance should be extremely rare

Most of the migrants seeking asylum are not fleeing genocide

They should be turned back at the border

People do not realize the enormous costs that these immigrants represent especially if they are pregnant or have small children. Yes many of them will become fantastic workers. I've seen them working the fields or working in restaurants. I don't think most Americans could keep up with them. But it is a mixed bag, some will become complete wards of the state, some have diseases, some will get seriously ill or injured. Some are straight up criminals or terrorists who knows the cost in money and human life they represent. This is a country committing suicide, we MUST return to our LEGAL immigration system. Mexico need to be held accountable for their role in facilitating the attack. There are many other countries these immigrants pass by that would be perfectly fine for asylum but they all come HERE. This has to stop.

Being law abiding, good neighbor or even good worker shouldn't move you to the front of the line or ignore your transgression of entering this country illegally. That's what green cards are for. A person is still here illegally no matter what.

I agree. And those who deliberately cross the border illegally for the purpose of living here and/or committing other crime anyway, should be deported and banned from ever being able to immigrate legally or receive a green card. That provision alone would stop the invasion.

Perhaps some, but what would really work is tougher laws.

Get caught in this country illegally whether you crossed over or over stayed your VISA, a minimum if five years in federal prison and no ability to ever get a green card, VISA or citizenship again. Get caught a second time, a minimum of 10 years in prison.

If we would do that, we'd still have a border problem, but it would be people rushing to get the hell out of the country. Currently it's only a misdemeanor. Make it a felony.

When Arizona made their own immigration laws for their state, they all disappeared. Companies reporting only half their crew showing up for work. Schools reporting a quarter of their students not attending. They got the hell out of that state. DumBama sued them in court and won, so they had to rescind those laws and the illegals came back.

Perhaps some, but what would really work is tougher laws.

Get caught in this country illegally whether you crossed over or over stayed your VISA, a minimum if five years in federal prison and no ability to ever get a green card, VISA or citizenship again. Get caught a second time, a minimum of 10 years in prison.

If we would do that, we'd still have a border problem, but it would be people rushing to get the hell out of the country. Currently it's only a misdemeanor. Make it a felony.

When Arizona made their own immigration laws for their state, they all disappeared. Companies reporting only half their crew showing up for work. Schools reporting a quarter of their students not attending. They got the hell out of that state. DumBama sued them in court and won, so they had to rescind those laws and the illegals came back.
I am not for unrealistic or inhumane treatment of anybody. And, living in a border state that is a sanctuary state and in a sanctuary city, I have no doubt we have benefitted from illegal labor from time to time. Such people are most often delightful, fun, pleasant, caring and do amazingly good work. But for every one of those there are others who are not contributing anything good and some of them are committing petty and serious crimes; some are downright dangerous not only to Americans but to the 'good' illegals.

If even one percent--and that is a ridiculously low number--of every million people invading our country are dangerous criminals, that would be 10,000 criminals. The people aren't vetted, don't have to prove who they are or where they are from even. They just give a name, country of origin, are put on a list, may or may not be assigned a court date in the distant future, and turned loose or are bussed or flown somewhere for others to take care of.

I am not for unrealistic or inhumane treatment of anybody. And, living in a border state that is a sanctuary state and in a sanctuary city, I have no doubt we have benefitted from illegal labor from time to time. Such people are most often delightful, fun, pleasant, caring and do amazingly good work. But for every one of those there are others who are not contributing anything good and some of them are committing petty and serious crimes; some are downright dangerous not only to Americans but to the 'good' illegals.

If even one percent--and that is a ridiculously low number--of every million people invading our country are dangerous criminals, that would be 10,000 criminals. The people aren't vetted, don't have to prove who they are or where they are from even. They just give a name, country of origin, are put on a list, may or may not be assigned a court date in the distant future, and turned loose or are bussed or flown somewhere for others to take care of.

I would have to disagree with you there. First off there are no "good" illegals. If you break our laws by entering this country, you are a criminal in my opinion.

Next is the fact that the US allows a million people a year to become citizens and join this great country of ours. We also hand out nearly that much in VISAs and green cards for outsiders to take advantage of everything we created. I say we are doing more than our part.

The United States is like the top restaurant of your city; everybody wants to get in, but there are only so many tables available. You have to wait your turn if you really want to get in.

I don't find prison as inhumane or unrealistic. It's a strong enough deterrent to solve most of our problems. In fact we wouldn't even need a wall, so many border agents, or over crowded courts. Very few would enter the country illegally. Currently, there is no real deterrent from breaking our laws and getting in. In fact they are rewarded in many ways.

I would have to disagree with you there. First off there are no "good" illegals. If you break our laws by entering this country, you are a criminal in my opinion.

Next is the fact that the US allows a million people a year to become citizens and join this great country of ours. We also hand out nearly that much in VISAs and green cards for outsiders to take advantage of everything we created. I say we are doing more than our part.

The United States is like the top restaurant of your city; everybody wants to get in, but there are only so many tables available. You have to wait your turn if you really want to get in.

I don't find prison as inhumane or unrealistic. It's a strong enough deterrent to solve most of our problems. In fact we wouldn't even need a wall, so many border agents, or over crowded courts. Very few would enter the country illegally. Currently, there is no real deterrent from breaking our laws and getting in. In fact they are rewarded in many ways.
Friendly disagreement is great. But I've been face to face with, worked side by side with, and have benefitted from people I didn't ask, but I'm pretty darn sure they are here illegally. And I loved them. They really are good people. Yes they broke our laws and that makes them guilty of a criminal act. And though I would hate it, I do think they should go home and get in line to come back legally. But I won't call them bad. They just aren't.

(I don't lump them in with the bad actors that might even outnumber the good ones.)

Friendly disagreement is great. But I've been face to face with, worked side by side with, and have benefitted from people I didn't ask, but I'm pretty darn sure they are here illegally. And I loved them. They really are good people. Yes they broke our laws and that makes them guilty of a criminal act. And though I would hate it, I do think they should go home and get in line to come back legally. But I won't call them bad. They just aren't.

(I don't lump them in with the bad actors that might even outnumber the good ones.)

I'm sure they are good people, but we can't have standards such as being good a qualification for breaking our laws and living here illegally. At least when they're legal, they are somewhat checked out by our government. Illegally? We have no idea who they really are. More than that if word gets around that all you have to do to be in this country is be a nice person and good worker, everybody will be coming here. Our planet has 7.5 billion people. How many are we supposed to let in?

Remember too that as our population grows, we need places to put these people. What we are experiencing now is your typical supply and demand problem in housing and rents, putting Americans in the back seat.

As land becomes more scarce, prices will increase. It's estimated that under Dementia, 2 million people are in this country already. Then we have jobs to worry about, education, healthcare. We have to stop putting Americans last.

I'm sure they are good people, but we can't have standards such as being good a qualification for breaking our laws and living here illegally. At least when they're legal, they are somewhat checked out by our government. Illegally? We have no idea who they really are. More than that if word gets around that all you have to do to be in this country is be a nice person and good worker, everybody will be coming here. Our planet has 7.5 billion people. How many are we supposed to let in?

Remember too that as our population grows, we need places to put these people. What we are experiencing now is your typical supply and demand problem in housing and rents, putting Americans in the back seat.

As land becomes more scarce, prices will increase. It's estimated that under Dementia, 2 million people are in this country already. Then we have jobs to worry about, education, healthcare. We have to stop putting Americans last.
I agree they should go home and get in line to come back legally. I just can't think of them as bad people. Some of them are really super neat.

Forum List

Back