How do you get videos to upload around here.

th

Hard to say.... Copy & Paste?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I trued to upload a video from sendvid. But it didn't work.

It's probably not in a format that the board can display. Probably have to upload it to YouTube.

You do have a YouTube account, right?

You click the filmstrip button above (sixth from right) and insert the link in the box. But there are only certain platforms it supports -- YouTube, maybe Vimeo, maybe one or two others.

What a great thread, where a user has to give the answer because a mod won't.

You click the filmstrip button above (sixth from right) and insert the link in the box. But there are only certain platforms it supports -- YouTube, maybe Vimeo, maybe one or two others.

Sendvid is just a data storage company. Unless we know the actual URL of the video the OP references, we'll never know if it can be embedded or not.

For instance: I just took a 4 second video on my digital camera. I uploaded it to my personal storage space at my ISP. When I used the "media" button and inserted the video's URL, i was given an error message.

I can however, post the video as a clickable link, thusly...

mwt.net/~ron57/pictures/Picture.MOV

Last edited:

Mods know that poster is well aware of how to post a video.

He's done so under numerous IDs

Maybe the mod. won't, b/c he doesn't want to encourage him.

If you knew he was worse than McRacist, would you want to hand him that kind of power?

:71:

Overkill, If you can type and highlight the words used on your video, take it to youtube, 95% of the time you can find the video. In their go box located at the top, just put the word you lifted into the box, click enter, and a group of videos on the same topic usually come right up. Just don't use too many words, and it should pop up first in line. If not try again with different words same subject. You may even learn more about it than your other website told about. It's worth a try. To retrieve a youtube video, I'm going to walk you through the process, using something I recall. Jeanine Pirro interviewed Rudy Giuliano a few weeks ago about impeachment. Go to youtube.com When it loads, you will see several rows of current youtubes or music. At the top is a search box. Insert "Judge Jeanine Pirro, Rudy Giuliano, impeachment" Click on the magnifying glass icon in or adjacent to the search box. When I did that, "Rudy Giuliani shreds impeachment in exclusive interview with Judge Jeanine", I then clicked on Rudy's smiling face, and the miniplayer video popped up with Judge Jeanine starting in right a way with a brief introduction. Now, I looked below on the lower right hand side of the video, and right-clicked on the square with the square block inside of it (small icon) the popup had a choice, and I chose "Copy Video URL", came back to this page where I will tell you how to place it in this post.

Above you will see a blue icon that looks like two links on a movie film roll. Click on it. A box will show up and locate the "Enter video URL" Click inside the box and click on "Paste" The address usually looks a little like gibberish, But after you paste it in it will be a shorter address and square parentheses will be around MEDIA=youtube and the word /MEDIA. It shows up as the media when you click at the bottom of this post box, "POST REPLY." I'm going to center the youtube then hit post reply so you can see that yes, it works:

Link?

Maybe the mod. won't, b/c he doesn't want to encourage him.

If you knew he was worse than McRacist, would you want to hand him that kind of power?

:71:

Doesn't matter --- it's free expression, regardless what the content is. I have no idea what the content would be but if he's asking a nuts-and-bolts question and I have the answer, I'll give it to him. Democracy is messy by definition.

Sendvid is just a data storage company. Unless we know the actual URL of the video the OP references, we'll never know if it can be embedded or not.

For instance: I just took a 4 second video on my digital camera. I uploaded it to my personal storage space at my ISP. When I used the "media" button and inserted the video's URL, i was given an error message.

Your information was useful. That just might work. Thanks.

Your information was useful. That just might work. Thanks.

If you have an internet service provider, you most likely have so many gigabytes of storage space. Then you need an ftp program to upload and download to that space, like WINScp or some other freeware ftp program.

winscp.jpg

But wait a minute now! I thought pogo knew everything?

Forum List

Back