How do you find it in your souls to kill a baby 28 days AFTER it is born?

Maryland has a such a law under consideration. It assures the mother thst if she kills her living infant, she will not be investigated or prosecuted for murder. That’s the same thing as allowing it.

The key word in the proposed law is PERINATAL, which can mean uo to 28 days after birth. Why did they not write PRENATAL, as in before birth? Answer: they wanted some leeway as to when the murder will be allowed.

That simply not true. Letting a healthy baby die is still murder. But neonatal deaths occur and failing to act to prevent such deaths would not be murder according to that bill.

ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (LifeSiteNews) — Although a bill proposed in the Maryland Senate which would’ve allowed babies to be left to die for as long as the first 28 days after birth was withdrawn earlier this month after attracting national attention, two equally heinous abortion bills remain alive in the Annapolis state house.

I believe the state of Maryland may be within their constitutional guidelines unless the federal law regarding state privileges changes in the future. If I lived in Maryland, I would still think killing a fetus or a baby is unwise.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Judicial system needs to have a national debate on whether a fetus is a human being or not. So far, all I hear about that is "pock, pock, pock, pe-dock!!!!!"

History

The American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ) is a politically conservative, Christian-based social activism and watchdog headquartered in Washington, D.C. and associated with Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The ACLJ was founded in 1990 by law school graduate and evangelical minister Pat Robertson to protect constitutional and human rights worldwide. ACLJ generally pursues constitutional issues and conservative Christian ideals in courts of law. The ACLJ arose in part as a right-leaning political answer to the American Civil Liberties Union. The American Center for Law and Justice Chief Counsel is Jay Alan Sekulow, one of former President Trump’s attorneys.

Read our profile on the United States government and media.

Funded by / Ownership

The ACLJ is owned by Pat Robertson and funded through donations.

Analysis / Bias

In review, The American Center for Law & Justice has a borderline extreme right-wing bias in reporting news on their website.
"politically conservative, Christian-based social activism" should never qualify as "General Discussion." Shirley Pat Robertson groupies would be far more content in some corner of the Rubber Room?

ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (LifeSiteNews) — Although a bill proposed in the Maryland Senate which would’ve allowed babies to be left to die for as long as the first 28 days after birth was withdrawn earlier this month after attracting national attention, two equally heinous abortion bills remain alive in the Annapolis state house.

Total right wing fantasy.

The former democrat governor of Va. gave a rambling speech about keeping a newborn infant comfortable while the parents decided whether or not to have it killed and nobody in the mainstream media thought it was a strange and dangerous opinion.

The perinatal period, broadly defined, encompasses the time frame from one year before to 18 to 24 months after the birth of the child. Why use the word if that wasn't what they were aiming for? Why not use your word, neonatal, meaning newborn?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. First and foremost, there's no consideration for "one year" before birth, which on average, lasts about 9 months. That is so insanely rare, there's only been a couple of women out of the billions on the planet to be pregnant that long. I can't believe you even typed that, it's so stupid. Equally as stupid as your own made up definition of perinatal; which actually goes from as early as 20 weeks of gestation up to 28 days after birth, depending on the definition. So no, it's not a 3 year period from 1 year before birth (which would be prior to conception for 0.9999999995 of the Earth's female population) to up to 2 years after birth. Perinatal literally means "around the time of birth." 2 years after birth is nowhere near the time of birth...

perinatal: occurring in, concerned with, or being in the period around the time of birth

And there are 3 accepted definitions for the perinatal period, perinatal definitions I, II & III...

perinatal definition I: 28 weeks of gestation to 7 days of age
perinatal definition II: 20 weeks of gestation to 28 days of age
perinatal definition III: 20 weeks of gestation to 7 days of age

Read ... and learn.

The perinatal period, broadly defined, encompasses the time frame from one year before to 18 to 24 months after the birth of the child. Why use the word if that wasn't what they were aiming for? Why not use your word, neonatal, meaning newborn?
Gee,
Neonatology is a subspecialty of pediatrics that consists of the medical care of newborn infants, especially the ill or premature newborn. It is a hospital-based specialty, and is usually practiced in neonatal intensive care units. Wikipedia
seems like there's more to it (like "intensive care") and yet something notably absent.. Hmm?
Perinatal:
adjective
MEDICINE

1. relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
Hmm,.. perhaps you can put your finger on it?

Hmm,.. Which do you suppose is really more important to our anti-choice crowd, the fetus or the after birth? :blowpop:

Gee,

seems like there's more to it (like "intensive care") and yet something notably absent.. Hmm?
Perinatal:

Hmm,.. perhaps you can put your finger on it?
You bet I can.
Perinatal ~ relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.

The bolding is where I put my finger on it.
California just proposed a similar law. This baby killing thing is really gaining ground in our country...

Forum List

Back