How do you explain Natural Rights to a Liberal who believes rights depend on Govt?

The hubris of a Brit explaining American governance to Americans.

Completely incorrectly!

I'd suggest some ESL classes to sharpen up your understanding of how to read English, but...................................

No wonder we whipped your sorry asses!

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

We should have laid waste to their country after 1812. They conveniently "befriended" us since then so they could have a powerful ally against their potential European enemies. Yet they have continued to try to influence us financially and otherwise. Most British immigrants to come here try to transform the neighborhoods they settle in into something more like the country they came from than here. They want the benefits and freedoms of living here but they are still loyalists to British influence.

It's a very arguable notion that the American revolution was actually a farce, and there was a lot more handshaking going on behind the scenes than anyone knew about. The fact that George Washington and several other influential Americans belonged to a secret society which had its roots in Europe speaks VOLUMES.

This debate is never ending and both confusing and complicated. In a sense there is no such thing as a natural right, humans defines concepts and words. I've never seen a natural right. Does government matter, ask a North Korean or a Russian or a Saudi they may see this a bit differently. Book / author below covers topic for the interested reader, ideologues who must choose sides carry on....

'Winning Arguments: What Works and Doesn’t Work in Politics, the Bedroom, the Courtroom, and the Classroom' Stanley Fish

We should have laid waste to their country after 1812. They conveniently "befriended" us since then so they could have a powerful ally against their potential European enemies. Yet they have continued to try to influence us financially and otherwise. Most British immigrants to come here try to transform their corner of the country into something more like the country they came from than here.

It's a very arguable notion that the American revolution was actually a farce, and there was a lot more handshaking going on behind the scenes than anyone knew about. The fact that George Washington and several other American belonged to a secret society which had its roots in Europe speaks VOLUMES.

Well said.

I have an English friend who is thrilled to learn anything she can about American culture, but she is and has always been a Brit, and there is a gap.

Exactly Emily, my rights come from me, my higher power and I will defend anyone's rights any time any place, I want you to be free as me
Your rights derive from govt expressing the will of the people. they can be removed or added to as the majority sees fit.

Slavery is an example of that. It was constitutional in the reb constitution but now not so much.

Your rights derive from govt expressing the will of the people. they can be removed or added to as the majority sees fit.

Slavery is an example of that. It was constitutional in the reb constitution but now not so much.

Whatever a Brit has to say about the rights of Americans

IS

NOT

RELEVANT

Tammy, you do not get an opinion on this until you move here and become a citizen.

BTW, that was not a suggestion. Please don't.

/---/ No. Brits gladly make themselves subject to a King or Queen. We rejected it and made our leadership subject to the will of the people and up for reelection every 4 years.
Gladly subject themselves to is a funny way of describing someone they've stripped of all real power. The royal family are like pets they pamper and parade around more than ruthless monarchs. Hasn't been that way for some time. Crack a book every now and then my guy. 😄

Just because you embrace a fairytale doesn't make it real.
/---/ Then you are welcome to be the subject of whatever majority there is and whatever they decide you can and can't do. Enjoy your worker bee life.
1668695718948.png
1668695773051.png

No, I have my eyes open to the fact that you are regressive authoritarian shitheels who lie about literally everything.

You are projecting... ABOUT PROJECTING.

You assholes rant about anti-racism while being blatant racists.
You rant about "anti-fascism" and call everyone who disagrees with you that while being the ones burning cities and terrorizing people and silencing speech.
You pretend "feminism is just about equality" while being blatant misandrist female supremacists and opposing equality at every turn... and then you complicate this further with pretending it is ambiguous what a woman even is.

Like I said, you have been completely conditioned to believe all that, like Pavlov's Dog's.

Like I said, you have been completely conditioned to believe all that, like Pavlov's Dog's.
Observing the flagrant hypocrisy of the authoritarian left and seeing your absolute rubbish “logic” behind the policies and laws you support is not Pavlovian conditioning.

Forum List

Back