How do we stop the impending EV train wreck?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Of all of the misguided "Green" initiatives, the transformation of US vehicles and the US power grid to EV technology is national suicide. Here are a FEW of the reasons why:

1. Our power grids are not even close to being able to support the constant drain of millions of charging EVs.
2. Rolling blackouts and major power outages are a certainty.
3. It creates a future environmental disaster as millions upon millions of toxic 2 thousand pound batteries go to junk.
4. It greatly empowers China as they control the vast majority of the mines that produce EV metals.
5. They are very hazardous when damaged and can catch fire if damaged or the EV car is in a wreck.

Who in our government is going to step up and stop this insanity? Or is it already too late?

Of all of the misguided "Green" initiatives, the transformation of US vehicles and the US power grid to EV technology is national suicide. Here are a FEW of the reasons why:

1. Our power grids are not even close to being able to support the constant drain of millions of charging EVs.
3. It creates a future environmental disaster as millions upon millions of toxic 2 thousand pound batteries go to junk.
4. It greatly empowers China as they control the vast majority of the mines that produce EV metals.
5. They are very hazardous when damaged and can catch fire if damaged or the EV car is in a wreck.

Who in our government is going to step up and stop this insanity? Or is it already too late?
Personally, I think they should expand generation by nuclear power.
I have nothing against EVs or people that want them. I don't want one, for myself, the the new Ford Plant to build them and the batteries is going in, just down the interstate, so I welcome the investment and opportunities to West Tennessee and Tennesseans, as a whole.

Misguided my ass, they know exactly what they're doing.
Convince the climate bed wetters we ALL have to give up ICE cars knowing we can never replace them with EV's & won't have the energy to charge the ones they can produce.
EV's will be luxuries few can afford & ICE's will be outlawed except for the elites that have assumed the roles reserved for Kings & Lords in days gone by because no totalitarian regime allows the peasants to travel freely.

We have a future of immobility & power starvation that will lead to massive death, destruction in a neo-feudal/fascist nightmare system where we own nothing & better shut the F up about it.

At least, that's where their path lead.
I ain't following that road

I have nothing against EVs or people that want them. I don't want one, for myself, the the new Ford Plant to build them and the batteries is going in, just down the interstate, so I welcome the investment and opportunities to West Tennessee and Tennesseans, as a whole.
I fully agree that nuclear power not only should but has to be part of our future power generation. The needs are too great and our current grid is very old and barely able to keep up with demand. By all the reports I've read there is at least a 50 years worth of global crude oil supply.

We don't have to follow countries around the world in their dive off the energy cliff. We can actually implement a sane, long term transition plan away from fossil fuels.

Automobile companies around the world are developing EV technology. There is almost no new investment in ICE R&D

ICE is the future, not just in the US, but around the world.

It has nothing to do with Liberals or Democrats, it is good business

What happened to hydrogen cells?

Misguided my ass, they know exactly what they're doing.
Convince the climate bed wetters we ALL have to give up ICE cars knowing we can never replace them with EV's & won't have the energy to charge the ones they can produce.
EV's will be luxuries few can afford & ICE's will be outlawed except for the elites that have assumed the roles reserved for Kings & Lords in days gone by because no totalitarian regime allows the peasants to travel freely.

We have a future of immobility & power starvation that will lead to massive death, destruction in a neo-feudal/fascist nightmare system where we own nothing & better shut the F up about it.

At least, that's where their path lead.
I ain't following that road
China is moving toward EVs at warp speed. What does that tell you? They have ZERO interest in being green. They have HUGE interest in being the world's number one superpower. That is why they are doing it and pushing the rest of the world including our worthless government to do the same.

When legislators pass laws to support EV's it's way too late.

China is moving toward EVs at warp speed. What does that tell you? They have ZERO interest in being green. They have HUGE interest in being the world's number one superpower. That is why they are doing it and pushing the rest of the world including our worthless government to do the same.
But they're building coal-fired electric power plants to charge them up. And we're selling them the coal. :omg:

I agree, nuclear is the way forward, renewables are not.

Also, EV's and ICE vehicles should just be allowed to compete, may the most convenient, affordable, and usefulness one win.

When legalisation has to decide, we all know it's a bad result.

Also, EV's and ICE vehicles should just be allowed to compete, may the most convenient, affordable, and usefulness one win.
I always support fair competition. That is NOT what is happening with the transition to EV. This is being ramrodded with massive government subsidies. IMO until we have designed the batteries to be recyclable and grids upgraded to handle the additional load, we should not be in this mad dash towards EV vehicles.

Deflection. NY and CA have already passed laws banning new ICE vehicle sales in 2035 with no idea on how to provide enough power, enough chargers, or improvements in charging speed to make it viable.
I suspect the answer involves building them.

How were ICE vehicles ever introduced when the world was not filled with gas stations?

I suspect the answer involves building them.

How were ICE vehicles ever introduced when the world was not filled with gas stations?

on their own gradually without the government banning horses to force people to use them.

you really didn't think that one through did ya soi boi?

Forum List

Back