How do we solve the crisis?

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Our federal government currently operates far outside of the bounds of the law. The U.S. Constitution has been completely and totally shredded. The global surveillance (including all U.S. citizens) far exceeds anything in George Orwell's 1984. The NSA stockpiles known vulnerabilities, doesn't report them to the vendors for patching, and then is so irresponsible and ignorant, they allow their entire stockpile of cyber-weapons to fall into the hands of hostile states.

So the question becomes - how do we stop this madness? Is it even possible at this point? The American people sent the ultimate "fuck you" to the federal government in the form of President Trump, but this issue doesn't even appear to be remotely on his radar. Even if it was, he's given no indication that he's interested in stopping it (Barack Insane Obama campaigned on shutting it down and instead - expanded it exponentially).

Whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, Congress, the ACLU, etc. - all seem to be incapable of stopping it. At best, they've simply educated the American people (which is nothing to sneeze at of course - but doesn't really matter if it doesn't result in the egregious activity being corrected).

Trump is going to expedite our loss of control over the internet, not fight against it.

Our federal government currently operates far outside of the bounds of the law. The U.S. Constitution has been completely and totally shredded. The global surveillance (including all U.S. citizens) far exceeds anything in George Orwell's 1984. The NSA stockpiles known vulnerabilities, doesn't report them to the vendors for patching, and then is so irresponsible and ignorant, they allow their entire stockpile of cyber-weapons to fall into the hands of hostile states.

So the question becomes - how do we stop this madness? Is it even possible at this point? The American people sent the ultimate "fuck you" to the federal government in the form of President Trump, but this issue doesn't even appear to be remotely on his radar. Even if it was, he's given no indication that he's interested in stopping it (Barack Insane Obama campaigned on shutting it down and instead - expanded it exponentially).

Whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, Congress, the ACLU, etc. - all seem to be incapable of stopping it. At best, they've simply educated the American people (which is nothing to sneeze at of course - but doesn't really matter if it doesn't result in the egregious activity being corrected).

Try the Tim McVeigh approach. It sounds like you are at least in principle sympathetic with his views.

Try the Tim McVeigh approach. It sounds like you are at least in principle sympathetic with his views.

or a tall tree and a short rope ...

Liberals make the most progress during times of crisis and suffering. The rest of the time it's a slow process of indoctrinating our children via their stranglehold on our educational system and our news media. Trump is off to a good start by exposing CNN and MSNBC but he has a long way to go. And eliminating voter fraud is an absolute MUST if we want to have our country back.

Its gotta come from the top. The president has the biggest ability to bring transparency and change to the way our government operates. Trump ran on that, we shall see if he follows through... Something you forgot to list which I think is a huge part of the problem is our Campaign system, both in the way it is structured and how it is financed. We can't get anything done if our leaders are in a constant state of campaigning, free to lie and disparage without consequence, and when it takes millions and millions of dollars just to compete. I wish I had an easy solution which I don't, but I know something needs to be done about it. We can start by focusing on it more.

Liberals make the most progress during times of crisis and suffering. The rest of the time it's a slow process of indoctrinating our children via their stranglehold on our educational system and our news media. Trump is off to a good start by exposing CNN and MSNBC but he has a long way to go. And eliminating voter fraud is an absolute MUST if we want to have our country back.

But voter fraud is how republicans win

Really? Then why is only Democrats who oppose EVERY effort to curb or eliminate it?

It's your side of the aisle that insists on dirty elections, snowflake. Every case of voter fraud on this board is traced to the Dumbocrats. It's no wonder you people adamantly oppose Voter ID.

Something you forgot to list which I think is a huge part of the problem is our Campaign system, both in the way it is structured and how it is financed. We can't get anything done if our leaders are in a constant state of campaigning, free to lie and disparage without consequence, and when it takes millions and millions of dollars just to compete. I wish I had an easy solution which I don't, but I know something needs to be done about it. We can start by focusing on it more.
Oh believe me....I've mentioned it many times. And I do have a solution. It's simple and 100% effective.
  • All individuals who decide to run for office must submit to a polygraph which covers their personal lives (adultery, finances, illegal activity, etc.) and their policies. Polygraph is given by a group of 5 polygraphers (two provided by the Republican Party, two provided by the Democrat Party, and one independent).
  • No person or party may finance a campaign. In the age of tv and the internet - it simply isn't necessary. All candidates should be given equal "commercial" time on PBS around the clock and each candidate may have ONE website to outline their policies, etc.
The polygraph is going to eliminate 99.9% of the dirt-bags right off the bat. You'd never see a Bill Clinton take a polygraph and have to admit publicly that he's cheated on his wife 24x7. Now you've drained the swamp. And the campaign reform would eliminate special interest purchasing politicians.

Boom! Problem solved.

Something you forgot to list which I think is a huge part of the problem is our Campaign system, both in the way it is structured and how it is financed. We can't get anything done if our leaders are in a constant state of campaigning, free to lie and disparage without consequence, and when it takes millions and millions of dollars just to compete. I wish I had an easy solution which I don't, but I know something needs to be done about it. We can start by focusing on it more.
Oh believe me....I've mentioned it many times. And I do have a solution. It's simple and 100% effective.
  • All individuals who decide to run for office must submit to a polygraph which covers their personal lives (adultery, finances, illegal activity, etc.) and their policies. Polygraph is given by a group of 5 polygraphers (two provided by the Republican Party, two provided by the Democrat Party, and one independent).
  • No person or party may finance a campaign. In the age of tv and the internet - it simply isn't necessary. All candidates should be given equal "commercial" time on PBS around the clock and each candidate may have ONE website to outline their policies, etc.
The polygraph is going to eliminate 99.9% of the dirt-bags right off the bat. You'd never see a Bill Clinton take a polygraph and have to admit publicly that he's cheated on his wife 24x7. Now you've drained the swamp. And the campaign reform would eliminate special interest purchasing politicians.

Boom! Problem solved.
Would be nice to try that in a few city elections and see how the process works out. If successful grow it to country/state/ and maybe national. I think an objective way to "rate" or expose or hold people accountable for falsehoods would help too. Only problem is there are way too many partisans that tell different sides of every story. One person can make one act look heroic while another can make the same act look treasonous

Its gotta come from the top.
It can only come from the people.
I wish it was that easy, but the people elect those who can make a difference. In that aspect you are correct. But in real terms the only one that can really make a difference in our policy and operations is the president or a collective in congress.

Impeach Trump and elect a Democratic Congress? ;)

Forum List

Back