How do we get the money out of politics?

get rid of citizen's united.

lol ... good luck.
we could put limits on the tax deductibility of campaign donations.

Remove the incentive for big money donors to play both sides
Huh?

Limits on tax deductibility?

Since when was a political campaign donation deductible?

Am I debating people who have no idea what they are debating?

Blues Man...I have absolutely no idea what your political ideology is. You may see things exactly as I see them....or maybe the other way........but for you to post what you did?

You dont belong in this conversation. You have no idea what you are talking about.
I can admit if I made a mistake so I stand corrected.

But you are not the arbiter of who can participate in any discussion here
I am not the arbiter and that is why I simply offered my opinion...but in no way asked for you to be removed from the discussion. I simply said you dont belong in the discussion.

You need to toughen up. Again, my opinion.

Our entire political system has been corrupted by big money donors and the two major political parties.

And money is the primary problem. We allow a few big money donors to exert control over the parties that decide who will run for president and ultimately who will be elected. This corruption permeates the entire federal government right down to the lowliest congress person.

Foreign money should not be allowed at all but we see foreign interests giving huge dollar amounts to the RNC and DNC we even allow foreign money donations for candidates of Congress and the presidency.

WHat can we do to get rid of at least foreign contributions and limit the big money donors from exerting control over our political system?
Simple answer.

The electorate needs to make decisions based on what they know....not what they are told they should know.

I have never made a voting decision based on political ads. When they come up on TV, that is when I go pee and make a sandwich.

Lawn signs? Really? My neighbor has a lawn sign for Hillary and that will sway my sentiments?

Uh....no.

And how do you know people actually know what they should know or what you think they should know ?

Unfortunately people believe what they see on TV and hear on the radio
I am a conservative. I believe what I do as long, as it is within the law, I am allowed to do. I decide to do based on what is legal and and if it is, I will do what I want to do.
I will not criticize those that do what they decide to do as long as it is legal....even if it due to their desire to believe political ads.
I cant stop it and it is not my right to stop it. Freedom of decision...and freedom of taking advice to make the decision.

I never said anything about people making their own decisions who to vote for.

This is about taking the money out of politics so our politicians aren't in the pocket of anyone.
thats the point.

Regardless of why they decide what they decide...be it money or fame or whatever.......the electorate has the choice to vote them out.

If they dont, that was the majority choice.

As a conservative, It works for me.
that's naive
Perhaps. But as a conservative I really don't care what others think and what they do and why they vote the way they do. I have now lived through 12 presidents.....but somehow, for some reason, my life continues as it did 12 presidents ago.
Why? How? Becuase I make my own decisions and either suffer the consequences or reap the rewards.
Its how my wife and I roll.
And it works well for us.

Our entire political system has been corrupted by big money donors and the two major political parties.

And money is the primary problem. We allow a few big money donors to exert control over the parties that decide who will run for president and ultimately who will be elected. This corruption permeates the entire federal government right down to the lowliest congress person.

Foreign money should not be allowed at all but we see foreign interests giving huge dollar amounts to the RNC and DNC we even allow foreign money donations for candidates of Congress and the presidency.

WHat can we do to get rid of at least foreign contributions and limit the big money donors from exerting control over our political system?

How? Well I don't know, supposedly Biden won this election meaning at least half the country desires a corrupt system.

I know that's now PROGS think (i.e., cause & effect) but that's the reality of it.

There are two possible ways.

Either amend the constiution in order to clarify the obvious fact that corporations are not people, and therefore cannot hold sacred individual rights.

OR

Get behind a tertiary party en masse, massively volunteer to get the word out, and fund that campaign with small donations. Then once in power, use the Magnitsky Act to freeze tha assets of any large donor who enabled any abuse of human rights whatsoever, so that they cannot corrupt our political system again.

Forum List

Back