How do we fix this?

I can see I've upset you. Cognitive dissonance can do that sometimes. Like the dissonance you must be feelings as the 1/6 hearings methodically dismantles all the horseshit you Trump acolytes are still clinging to. On top of that we're learning more about Trump's Big Con when he swindled supporters by getting them to send him money under false pretenses. Gosh, you folks must feel like dopes.
Why would you think I was upset?

That's just the standard post for all the gullible partisan tools who were first foolishly taken in by the Russia Collision Hoax who then were convinced by the same people that the 2020 election wasn't rigged.

You'd think you would learn the first time that those you are trusting to give you good information are lying to you... but some people taken in by the Collision Delusion are just not smart enough to break the cycle of gullibility.

Or... You're one of those that latches on to any attack on Trump because you can't wait to vote for Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush again.

Bad news... Those days are gone forever.

I was just watching some video of deluded Trump supporters who were at the Capital on 1/6. Repeating all the usual myths about voting machines being hooked up to the internet, votes gone missing, votes being changed, a rehash of the false accusations Trump made for months. A rehash of the untruths pushed on Faux about the Dominion machines. Not to pick on Faux. Many right wing media outlets reinforced the charges of voter fraud either directly or by innuendo. Many still are.

Millions of Trump's base supporters still believe this, as Bill Barr said, "bullshit."

We can't have a significant percent of the population be detached from reality if we are going to successfully govern ourselves. Self governance requires hard work, participation, being informed on the issues no matter what your position on them is. It requires informed debate so people get a chance to hear both sides of the issues we need to design solutions for.

At this point, we have become dysfunctional in our collective ability to debate issues because we can't agree what the facts are. How can we shore up our election procedures to ensure fairness if we can't agree what the problems are? How can we solve the problem of climate change if we can't even agree it's a problem?

I offer no solutions because I am pessimistic about the efficacy of available remedies. The reason, the mixed messages from media outlets leaving their audiences with a choice of which narrative to consume and therefore believe. One side saying Trump won the election, climate change in the era we now live in is not man made, gun control equates to gun confiscation, and more outrageous falsehoods like China owns Biden, Obama is a Muslim, and Dem's eat babies. Unfortunately, many on the Right have become the political equivalent of National Enquirer readers. Attracted by sensationalism and absent critical thought.

For those optimists out there who disagree with me, I invite you to read the replies from the conservatives on the board.
Democrats need to come clean and quit trying to undermine our election system by continuing to challenge the 2016 election and trying to take Trump out of the picture so that Americans who want to vote for Trump, can't.

I do not know which fairy tale to which you refer, but it is a fact Russia interfered in the 2016 election in a big way to help Trump get elected.

But you probably don't know that because you do everything in your power to avoid reading the Mueller report and just parrot what you are told to parrot.
Oh, but it's okay when YOU do it.

Hillary was a shitty candidate who ran a shitty campaign. Her and her bootlickers like you may have felt it was "her turn", but the American people disagreed. You just can't accept that, though, can you?

everyone don't like russian spy.jpg

Forum List

Back