How do leftists respond when black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDS Confederate statues??

USApatriotz

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2017
How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

Condoleezza Rice argues against removing slave owners’ statues

Last edited:
amen.

it's not worshiping these people in the end - far from it.

it's remembering how we got here as well. if something hurts, sometimes you just need to deal with it, not make it go away and declare some form of phyricc victory.

These idiots whining about statues are not really traumatized by them. They need something else to divert then from what miserable lives they lead.

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?

Freaking snowflakes are annoying. For a hundred years these statues have been there and NOW they decide to wail.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

How do leftists respond to black Condoleezza Rice DEFENDING Confederate statues?? Leftist crackpots need to quit acting like we're living in 1935 Germany! The overreaction to a bunch of weirdos marching for a STATUE is INSANE!

See below:

Scrubbing Confederate history from the country’s fabric would be a monumental mistake, Condoleezza Rice said Monday.

The former Bush-era Secretary of State — now plugging her new book, “Democracy” — argued on “Fox and Friends” that tearing down statues honoring slave owners was merely “sanitizing” U.S. history.

“When you start wiping out your history, sanitizing your history to make you feel better, it’s a bad thing,” Rice said.

“Should we start taking their statues down and saying, ‘We’re embarrassed by you?’” he asked.

“I’m a firm believer in ‘keep your history before you.’ And so I don’t actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners,” Rice replied. “I want us to have to look at the names and recognize what they did, and be able to tell our kids what they did and for them to have a sense of their own history.”

lol, Did she object to the tearing down of Saddam Hussein's statue in Iraq?

These idiots whining about statues are not really traumatized by them. They need something else to divert then from what miserable lives they lead.

Another ally of the white supremacists comes out of the closet.

Taking down statues is not sanitizing history as she says, no one will ever forget what happened, but a decision by a city to stop bestowing honor where none is deserved as well as removing what has become mostly an attractive nuisance.

Folks probably said the same about Slavery. Its been going for hundreds of years, why people want to stop it now?

Ahh shaddup. You have to be one of the most annoying left tards here.

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it

So because a black person says something, its the truth? So why y'all ignored Obama for 8 years? Lol

I will respond to Condi the same way I respond to a white person. Confederates were hateful traitors. They don't need celebrating. Germany removed their Nazi symbols. So why can't we?
because they're not the same thing overall. you like to loop them together and pretend they are and that's fine for you. but you and your "morals" are not *all of us* and never will be.

the insane desire to have everyone live by their standards is the biggest pain in the ass you have in dealing with the left.

You cannot just sanitize history because your tender little feelings are hurt. As a so called educator you of all should know this. You learn from history, not erase it

Explain to us what's being 'sanitized' about history by taking a statue off public property.

his favorite game is to also associate EVERYTHING into 1 pre-defined and approved of HATE bucket.

NAZI - open for hate. end of discussion. no one defends nazi's.
The South - call them NAZIs and people won't argue cause they don't want to defend NAZI's!!!

that game is about over. it was overused the day they started kicking that bag of bullshit down the road and it's just as stupid now.

I'm guessing that most people who know very well the history surrounding the Civil War didn't even know there was a statue of Lee in Charlottesville.

his favorite game is to also associate EVERYTHING into 1 pre-defined and approved of HATE bucket.

The South - call them NAZIs and people won't argue cause they don't want to defend NAZI's!!!

that game is about over. it was overused the day they started kicking that bag of bullshit down the road and it's just as stupid now.

There is absolutely no comparison to the Confederates and the Nazis, attempting to link the two is asinine

I'll tell you how sanitizing history works, and we've seen it here:

It's when RWnuts make the argument that the Civil War wasn't about slavery.

I'd compromise by slapping a plaque on every confederate statue that said this man was an oathbreaking traitor who fought to maintian slavery. And maybe invite people to spit on the statue.

Then you can keep them up.

There is absolutely no comparison to the Confederates and the Nazis, attempting to link the two is asinine

The modern day neo-Nazis are linking THEMSELVES to the Confederacy.

See below:

Most black people are against it. Most black people react by disagreeing with Rice. You thought your thread was a "gotcha". It wasn't.

and he knows this.

but the left loves to do it. no need to debate the million shades of gray between black and white. just call something a pre-approved hate stereotype and put a smug look on your face and pretend you are morally superior even though you know this is bullshit and ignores so much on the way.

most lazy for of "discussion" and i wish people would just stop responding to idiots to just tell them their idiots. it only gives them hope.

See below:

Condoleezza is way smarter than any liberals. I like and respect her a lot. If she would run for president, I would probably vote for her, a voice of sanity amongst a bunch of clowns.

Forum List

Back