How do I get myself into these situations?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
True story:

My wife and I make items for sale at conventions like comicon, animecon, spooky empire and others.

I found out that a nurse who works at the same hospital is into cosplay, we talked and she said she would come by our booth at the upcoming con. This nurse is young and quite pretty.

I went home that day and told my wife about the nurse and her interest in what we were doing. Well a day or two layer I had forgotten that I already told her and I began to tell her again. My Wife looked at me strangely and informed me that I already told her that.

So the Saturday of the con, the nurse texts me and asks where my booth was and after I told her, I again informed my wife that she and her fiancé was coming. Basically, I'm excited that someone at my workplace is interested in what we are doing. It is totally innocent. Even though the nurse is younger than my wife, my wife is also beautiful and has bigger boobs so there us no contest right there.

So this nurse comes by the table and she looks HOT. All of a sudden I realize that I might be in trouble because i was so excite that she was coming by. So I make it a point to introduce her fiancé to my wife. Now, much to my consternation, this fiancé is not much to look at. One certainly would never put the two together. Well, we actually were busy at our booth and my wife was paying attention to the table and didnt react when I mentioned the fiancé. So I mentioned him again saying; "Honey, thus is her fiance (like many husbands, trying lamely to dig oneself out of a hole). Well the fiancé and the nurse give me a funny look and my wife takes the time to smile and say hi. They leave and we continue working the booth.

Still the looks I got from the two of them stayed with me. Then when I saw the nurse again at work she acted differently toward me. I couldn't understand why. Later it occurred to me that the couple might have mistakenly believed that my insistence on pointing out the fiancé was a "Hey honey get a load of this guy! This hot babe is going to marry this funny looking guy! Can you believe it??"

I was just trying to dig myself out if a hole that I may not have been in and instead may have insulted someone I didn't mean to. Every time I see this nurse now, I'm reminded of this whole fiasco.

How did i get myself into a mess like that?

True story:

My wife and I make items for sale at conventions like comicon, animecon, spooky empire and others.

I found out that a nurse who works at the same hospital is into cosplay, we talked and she said she would come by our booth at the upcoming con. This nurse is young and quite pretty.

I went home that day and told my wife about the nurse and her interest in what we were doing. Well a day or two layer I had forgotten that I already told her and I began to tell her again. My Wife looked at me strangely and informed me that I already told her that.

So the Saturday of the con, the nurse texts me and asks where my booth was and after I told her, I again informed my wife that she and her fiancé was coming. Basically, I'm excited that someone at my workplace is interested in what we are doing. It is totally innocent. Even though the nurse is younger than my wife, my wife is also beautiful and has bigger boobs so there us no contest right there.

So this nurse comes by the table and she looks HOT. All of a sudden I realize that I might be in trouble because i was so excite that she was coming by. So I make it a point to introduce her fiancé to my wife. Now, much to my consternation, this fiancé is not much to look at. One certainly would never put the two together. Well, we actually were busy at our booth and my wife was paying attention to the table and didnt react when I mentioned the fiancé. So I mentioned him again saying; "Honey, thus is her fiance (like many husbands, trying lamely to dig oneself out of a hole). Well the fiancé and the nurse give me a funny look and my wife takes the time to smile and say hi. They leave and we continue working the booth.

Still the looks I got from the two of them stayed with me. Then when I saw the nurse again at work she acted differently toward me. I couldn't understand why. Later it occurred to me that the couple might have mistakenly believed that my insistence on pointing out the fiancé was a "Hey honey get a load of this guy! This hot babe is going to marry this funny looking guy! Can you believe it??"

I was just trying to dig myself out if a hole that I may not have been in and instead may have insulted someone I didn't mean to. Every time I see this nurse now, I'm reminded of this whole fiasco.

You talked too much.

Be honest next time.

talk to your wife about it honestly.

If you talk honestly you wont get in these messes

True story:

cosplay???

It just amazes me how people are married and cant communicate honestly with each other

True story:

You talked too much.

No doubt, even after I realized that I tried to fix it by talking more! <facepalm>

True story:

You talked too much.

Yes indeed, the guilty conscience running the mouth. Ha!!!

True story:

cosplay???

Lol, "cosplay" is where people dress up as some kind of character and try very hard to look and act exactly like that character. It's short for "costume play".

Last edited:
True story:

You talked too much.

Guilty of what exactly?

Guilty of what exactly?

Being attracted to the cosplay girl. It's normal. You feared your wife was going to catch on and think that had some reflection on her.

No no, you misread. I wasn't attracted to her. She's too skinny for my tastes. She's like a fashion model. She can look hot and she did at the con, but she's not my type. I was simply excited that someone from my job was interested in what I was doing. But I was afraid, perhaps unnecessarily that my wife would get the wrong impression so that was how I talked my way into insulting the couple. Hell, I'm not even sure I actually did insult them. How do I approach her to explain myself? I can't. I'm stuck!

Last edited:
Guilty of what exactly?

Being attracted to the cosplay girl. It's normal. You feared your wife was going to catch on and think that had some reflection on her.

No no, you misread. I wasn't attracted to her. She's too skinny for my tastes. She's like a fashion model. She can look hot and she did at the con, but she's not my type. I was simply excited that someone from my job was interested in what I was doing. But I was afraid, perhaps unnecessarily that my wife would get the wrong impression so that was how I talked my way into insulting the couple. Hell, I'm not even sure I actually did insult them. How do I approach her to explain myself? I can't. I'm stuck!

So you didn't find her attractive when you said she looked HOT? :eusa_hand:Okay, I'll take your word for it, but still you felt guilty over the situation and over compensated. Leave it alone at this point. It's no biggie.

True story:

You'll live it down. You didn't say anything derogatory to anyone, so all should be back to normal in a short time.

You're lucky that your wife let you go to the convention after mentioning the nurse twice. Mine would have let me call the whole thing off. :(

So you didn't find her attractive when you said she looked HOT? :eusa_hand:Okay, I'll take your word for it, but still you felt guilty over the situation and over compensated. Leave it alone at this point. It's no biggie.

You think that someone can't recognise when another looks good even if they personally aren't attracted? Really?

I didn't fell guilty at all. I was worried that my wife whom I love more than anything would get the wrong impression. If I'm guilty of anything it is of underestimating my wife.

I have no choice but to leave it alone. There isn't anything I really can do about it. I just feel bad that those people may have thought I was insulting them. I doubt my wife has given the incident a second thought since it happened.

Last edited:
True story:

You'll live it down. You didn't say anything derogatory to anyone, so all should be back to normal in a short time.

You're lucky that your wife let you go to the convention after mentioning the nurse twice. Mine would have let me call the whole thing off. :(

Lol, she has no choice, she can't run the booth by herself.

Guilty of what exactly?

It is kind of dangerous to any relationship to have anyone for your fiance to compare herself to. You must have her in your heart 110 percent or she might not believe you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back