How do i access the bios functions?

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
I have windows vista and im trying to get access to bios to disable caching and shadowing. My comp keeps failing at start up and this is one possible solution. I got on this time by hitting F8 and selecting start up using last known good configuration. thanks.

Make sure you're shutting down properly, that's probably why it's doing it.

Soon as you power your computer on start hitting the F2 key. Some BIOS requires other function keys. I've also seen some requiring F1 and also F10.

next time i start up i will try F2 first.

Also, i saw in safe mode new installed software may cause the problem. I saw avast secure browser was installed on jun21 and i dont remember doing it so i uninstalled that.

Also, i saw in safe mode new installed software may cause the problem. I saw avast secure browser was installed on jun21 and i dont remember doing it so i uninstalled that.

Avast has gotten bad with their automatic install stuff. Do you have CCleaner? Because the updated CCleaner installs avast, too. You have to turn it off in settings.

Avast leaves a lot of clutter all over the place after uninstalling, too.

If you want to install windows 7 pro, I have an extra key from a parts laptop. I'll give it to you if you want it.

I have windows vista and im trying to get access to bios to disable caching and shadowing. My comp keeps failing at start up and this is one possible solution. I got on this time by hitting F8 and selecting start up using last known good configuration. thanks.
I didn't see this thread earlier.

Compaq Presario Desktop PCs - How to Enter the BIOS on Presario Desktop PCs (2001 and earlier) | HP® Customer Support

When you see that, it's generally hard drive failure, anyway. Or funky drivers.

I think you should check out about your motherboard that which is it because it happens when we don't know about our motherboard system. first of all, do some research about your motherboard then try fixing your problem.

Forum List

Back