How different was George Harrison after Rishikesh

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
In February 1968, the Beatles travelled to Rishikesh in northern India to take part in a Transcendental Meditation (TM) training course at the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. When George Harrison came back, he was a different, more confident, more relaxed, more enlightened musician who immediately began work on some of the best tunes the group created: While my Guitar Gently Weeps. He would also compose "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun" On the plane ride to Barcelona I watched "the Beatles and India" and realized that the trip propelled George into a musical stratosphere.

Well that's my take on it

BTW I recommend sleeping on the plane ride to Europe and staying awake on the plane ride back to the USA

In February 1968, the Beatles travelled to Rishikesh in northern India to take part in a Transcendental Meditation (TM) training course at the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. When George Harrison came back, he was a different, more confident, more relaxed, more enlightened musician who immediately began work on some of the best tunes the group created: While my Guitar Gently Weeps. He would also compose "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun" On the plane ride to Barcelona I watched "the Beatles and India" and realized that the trip propelled George into a musical stratosphere.

Well that's my take on it

BTW I recommend sleeping on the plane ride to Europe and staying awake on the plane ride back to the USA
I liked the pre-LSD music better.

Forum List

Back