How did this movie even get made? - Replica

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We saw this on HBO max and the trailer looked interesting.
Wow. I honestly don't think I have ever started to watch a movie where the acting is so bad.
Keanu Reeves is no Tom Hanks, but I have never seen him act THIS bad. The movie is so bad you find yourself honestly considering if it is just a joke.
We lasted about 6 or 7 minutes and had to quit.
If you have HBO max... you should watch the beginning just to see how bad the acting is.

There is likely much worse movies out there. Have not watched Replica though.

We saw this on HBO max and the trailer looked interesting.
Wow. I honestly don't think I have ever started to watch a movie where the acting is so bad.
Keanu Reeves is no Tom Hanks, but I have never seen him act THIS bad. The movie is so bad you find yourself honestly considering if it is just a joke.
We lasted about 6 or 7 minutes and had to quit.
If you have HBO max... you should watch the beginning just to see how bad the acting is.
There are a lot of reasons for awful movies. Actors such Keanu Reeves and Nicholas Cage have made a lot of movies, usually 2 to 5 a year. In order to get movies they really want, they sign contracts to make or 3 to 5 movies for a studio and will often take roles just to finish their contract. Thus some of the moves are excellent and some are really bad. Some actors are more consistent than others. Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman are two such actors. They don't make multi-picture deals which allows them to pick roles they feel they can do well. Studios are rarely held responsible for bad movies. As far the studio is concerned, if it make money it's a success, not so with actors and directors. They are judged by quality of the film, not necessarily the profit or loss.

Forum List

Back