How did they know?

Sep 12, 2008
We have a small population of Arab women wearing the full burka here at school. They are just around.

Yesterday I was waiting at the bus stop, as was one of the women in the burkas. A group of three more came walking by, and saw the first, and they raced together hand had group hugs. It seems they hadn't seen each other for a while, so they were real glad to meet there.

we are talking the whole deal burka, the only thing visible is the eyes. I for the life of me can't figure how they recognized each other.

Just weird.

That is all

We have a small population of Arab women wearing the full burka here at school. They are just around.

Yesterday I was waiting at the bus stop, as was one of the women in the burkas. A group of three more came walking by, and saw the first, and they raced together hand had group hugs. It seems they hadn't seen each other for a while, so they were real glad to meet there.

we are talking the whole deal burka, the only thing visible is the eyes. I for the life of me can't figure how they recognized each other.

Just weird.

That is all

Burqas cover the eyes with a mesh screen. If the population of women who wear the niqab at your school is as small as you say it is, I would assume that they all know each other fairly well...

I have no way of doing a census.

there seems to be a substantial Arab population in the area. there is a mosque right near the I-5 exit onto capital highway.

They don't wear mesh on their eyes.

Most of the Muslim women I see are Indonesians, who are a bit more relaxed. they somehow make the "modest" dress seem very hot. Total head covering, and no skin sowing except for the hands and face.

I still don't know how one baggy black dress can be told from another. Those things look horribly uncomfortable and ugly.

I see them all covered like that all the time, and in 90 degree weather, I feel really sorry for them. I would die of a heat stroke. No wonder they are grouchy

Meh, if it's what you know and what you do . . . you acclimate.

Nun27s20habit.jpg

I have no way of doing a census.

there seems to be a substantial Arab population in the area. there is a mosque right near the I-5 exit onto capital highway.

They don't wear mesh on their eyes.
That was my point. The garments aren't burqas.

Most of the Muslim women I see are Indonesians, who are a bit more relaxed. they somehow make the "modest" dress seem very hot. Total head covering, and no skin sowing except for the hands and face.

I still don't know how one baggy black dress can be told from another. Those things look horribly uncomfortable and ugly.
I'm not sure if this is news to you or not, but they weren't designed to be seductive...

Meh, if it's what you know and what you do . . . you acclimate.

Nun27s20habit.jpg

:thup:

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. - I Corinthians 11:5-6 (KJV)​

Here's the real deal concerning those burkas that the muslim women wear. You know the joke about putting a bag over an ugly woman's head before sex. We've all heard it. Well, the muslim men just got it a little confused and carried it a bit too far... That's how the burka thing came about.

Can't be true. Quite a few women from arab lands who are liberated wandering around school too.

the Burqa is a tragedy.

Just weird.

That is all

I think they recognize the dirt level on the bottom hem.

Forum List

Back