how did the US get into MASSIVE debt?

I don't know. I'm sure the gov't retirement for their employees doesn't help.

My dad worked for the gov't for 42 years. Ended with a 6 figure salary. Retired at age 65 with 80 of his salary every year until he dies. Full medical benefits far beyond anything I could ever afford. Oh yea and while he was employed he had job security beyond anything in the private sector. He couldn't be fired.
..my dad would always have a story about how lazy some of his co-workers were...I'm not saying all--but he said some would sleep on the job .....yes, like I said, in the companies I worked for, if they didn't meet $$$ goals, they usually laid off people....the Fed is in massive debt = no lay offs = mucho job security

....all the companies I work for, lay off people when they MAKE $$$....the US should've at least furloughed government workers long ago ....and then these Federal pensions/etc are insane.....my dad accrued a year's vacation and more sick days when he worked for the Federal government ....
..we were always poor, so my dad never did save for retirement--but he got a huge pension/etc from the Federal government...he was spending $$$ like it grew on trees--plain and simple, he got more than what he needed
...and I was just talking to a government worker who said he accrued many vacation/etc days .....
etc
..the Federal and local governments are stupid
..now when you need $$$ for these ''rainy days'', we are in debt!!!!

Politicians and the people who keep voting for them......

....all the companies I work for, lay off people when they MAKE $$$....the US should've at least furloughed government workers long ago ....and then these Federal pensions/etc are insane.....my dad accrued a year's vacation and more sick days when he worked for the Federal government ....
..we were always poor, so my dad never did save for retirement--but he got a huge pension/etc from the Federal government...he was spending $$$ like it grew on trees--plain and simple, he got more than what he needed
...and I was just talking to a government worker who said he accrued many vacation/etc days .....
etc

they are jackasses

etc

they are jackasses

Yep.

Forum List

Back