How did the GOP make your life better?

This is obviously not meant for the top 1%, but for anyone who is struggling financially (whether in deep poverty or just constantly trying to make ends meet), who votes Republican. Especially if you live in a red state/town.

My question is this:
How have Republican policies directly improved something in your life on a personal level, whether those policies were passed locally, by your state, or by the federal government?

I would like to hear about an actual improvement that happened as a result of Republican policy making, and not an anticipated one. How did it make your life situation better?
1 - they gave me tax cuts.

2 - they (except for Reagan) protected my 2nd Amendment rights.

3 - they changed the tax code which gave me tons of new business.

4 - they pulled out of Viet Nam without sending me there next.

5 - Hillary is not going to be able to take away my assault carbine.

This is obviously not meant for the top 1%, but for anyone who is struggling financially (whether in deep poverty or just constantly trying to make ends meet), who votes Republican. Especially if you live in a red state/town.

My question is this:
How have Republican policies directly improved something in your life on a personal level, whether those policies were passed locally, by your state, or by the federal government?

I would like to hear about an actual improvement that happened as a result of Republican policy making, and not an anticipated one. How did it make your life situation better?

Why should GOVERNMENT have anything to do with "helping" anyone "personally". they need to just stay the fuck out of the way. Stick to the Constitution. Stop mandating bullshit.
Even so the GOP helped me a lot.

My question is this:

The GOP did not make my life better. The Democratic party didn't make my life better. I made my life better.
It's not the job of the government to make people's lives better.
This is called evading the question.

Let's pretend for a moment that the Democrats don't exist. They (Republicans) didn't improve your job situations, wages, your kids' schools, your health, water supply, air quality, roads...nothing?

Is it true that you vote against your own economic interests?
Without DEM's there would be no:

1 - OASDI

2 - Medicare

3 - ACA

4 - taxes on the rich

5 - affirmative action for Negroes

6 - free entry for Mexicans

7 - alcohol (remember that FDR ran on an anti-prohibition platform)

So would I have voted for Hoover instead of FDR -- definitely not. But FDR was not anti gun.

Would I have voted for Goldwater instead of LBJ -- Hell no that nuke ad scared everybody!

Would I have voted for Nixon instead of JFK -- I argued with my parents about this when they were voting and even though I was still in preschool I could already tell Nixon was a crook.

Pretty sure none of those guys on either side was anti gun though.

Yes why not dismantled in a day even.... lol

The joy of watching commiecare collapse under its own fallacies perhaps...... No Hurry
Let ACA run its course.

Then both sides will be motivated to "fix" it.

Hands off it in the meantime.

I can live with that, yes.

So...Republicans did nothing to improve your lives other than keep the Democrats away, which makes you happy in itself? I wasn't looking for "they will..." answers, or anything that involves the opposition. I want to know what good they did. Anyone?
This is precisely why Repub's get elected -- to protect us from a particularly bad DEM (such as Hillary, yes).

My question is this:

Why avoid the top 1%? Your tax policies failed to address the billionaires. The rest of your policies involve hand outs. In my state the GOP began to respect small businesses.

My question is this:

Why avoid the top 1%? Your tax policies failed to address the billionaires. The rest of your policies involve hand outs. In my state the GOP began to respect small businesses.
I wonder if DJ Trump will get his Alt Min Tax repeal.

Once upon a time there was no Alt Min Tax (pre-Carter) and the rich paid almost no tax at all.

Trump loved the good old days.

The left bitches about the 1%, yet their tax policies fail to match their rhetoric. How much did Obama pull in from Wall Street chats? How about foreign pep talks?

This is how ...

7568345c42268f904bb253672e0993a3

yiostheoy, thank you for clear answers! I appreciate that!

Just to be clear (and this is for everyone): I am no "libtard"; I'm not a Democrat, nor a Republican, in fact I'm not American at all. I am a (legal!) resident however, my family is here, and I care about this country.

I live in a very blue city in a very blue state, so if I want to know what Democrats think, I don't have to go further than next door. I know their views, values and their arguments. What I don't know is what most Republicans think, except for a couple of "fiscal conservatives" (their own label) who seem to be benefiting from Republican policies financially.

So I ask questions, and maybe they will seem provocative, I don't know, but I wasn't born or raised here, so there's a lot I don't know. Or understand. I most of all want to know how people who aren't my neighbors think. That's why I'm on this forum, not because I want to bash anyone for their opinions. Damn, there's enough of that here already!

we kept Hillary out of the White House & essentially ended her chances at any significant position ever again

she was very upset, said that her election loss was "very painful"

I hate that wench

seeing her unhappy makes me smile & also just makes me happy

furthermore, many people that I feel like are working to destroy this country are losing their minds and living in daily anguish

all of this makes me happy, to be honest

being happy ultimately makes a person more healthy & productive

so - there's that...

Which kind of sums up a lot of people. They read the media, they decide they hate someone, and they gain happiness, not from their life being good, but because they think someone else's life isn't good. It's quite sad really.

we kept Hillary out of the White House & essentially ended her chances at any significant position ever again

she was very upset, said that her election loss was "very painful"

I hate that wench

seeing her unhappy makes me smile & also just makes me happy

furthermore, many people that I feel like are working to destroy this country are losing their minds and living in daily anguish

all of this makes me happy, to be honest

being happy ultimately makes a person more healthy & productive

so - there's that...

Which kind of sums up a lot of people. They read the media, they decide they hate someone, and they gain happiness, not from their life being good, but because they think someone else's life isn't good. It's quite sad really.
Hillary hated guns.

She especially hated assault carbines.

She blamed everything on guns and assault carbines.

Fruit cake.

Forum List

Back