How Deadly is a Flintlock Rifle?

All the the leftists running around saying our Second Amendment only meant we could have muskets have no concept of a .75 lead ball plowing through a human.

Fuck you King George!

When a leftist tries to make that point by writing it on a piece of paper with a quill pen using ink out of a bottle, then placing it in an envelope and having it delivered to my house on horseback, I will discuss it with them. And, as usual, they have no concept of true brutality.

All the the leftists running around saying our Second Amendment only meant we could have muskets have no concept of a .75 lead ball plowing through a human.

Fuck you King George!

Back in the day of the flintlock it wasnt a rifled barrel so if you aimed at the persons chest, it knuckleballs all over the place thus you could be hit in the foot, where it is completely blown off or your head, where it would take most of the skull. How little do moronic Marxists (But i repeat myself) know about ballitstics.

Whenever the anti-gunners try to claim that the founding fathers meant flintlocks and muzzleloaders, I remind them that those single shot rifles were the most modern and deadly weapons available to the infantry at the time.
I dont usually agree with you, but you are dead right. To be able to defend oneself from governments foreign and domestic, means that you fight with equality to said rogue government.

Joe Biden, the shitter in chief, said that we would need F-15s to fight the Marxist government. Seems that Joe has a dildo up his ass. The war in the middle east was lost because of the inner cities and how the Muslims knew where to fight from. I think Joe who has never fought in any war, doesnt know the capabilities of the citizens. I mean Joe is a blithering idiot.

Back in the day of the flintlock it wasnt a rifled barrel so if you aimed at the persons chest, it knuckleballs all over the place thus you could be hit in the foot, where it is completely blown off or your head, where it would take most of the skull. How little do moronic Marxists (But i repeat myself) know about ballitstics.

If it did not have a rifled barrel, wouldn't it have been a musket? I thought if a firearm was a rifle, by definition it would have a rifled barrel.

I may be wrong and I am too lazy to google it. But I know my fellow posters here will know the answer.

I dont usually agree with you, but you are dead right. To be able to defend oneself from governments foreign and domestic, means that you fight with equality to said rogue government.

Joe Biden, the shitter in chief, said that we would need F-15s to fight the Marxist government. Seems that Joe has a dildo up his ass. The war in the middle east was lost because of the inner cities and how the Muslims knew where to fight from. I think Joe who has never fought in any war, doesnt know the capabilities of the citizens. I mean Joe is a blithering idiot.

Desperate people are dangerous, as the Russian military found out in Afghanistan.

If it did not have a rifled barrel, wouldn't it have been a musket? I thought if a firearm was a rifle, by definition it would have a rifled barrel.

I may be wrong and I am too lazy to google it. But I know my fellow posters here will know the answer.
There were both smooth bore and rifled muskets.....Think Brown Bess (smooth-bore) and 1861 Springfield (rifled-musket).

The BATFE doesn't even consider black powder rifles, pistols, and canons to be actual "firearms." They don't regulate them at all. It doesn't matter if they have rifling or they're smoothbore.

Aside from some states that have prohibitions, even a felon can legally possess a black powder pistol or rifle.

Black powder was (still is) relatively easy to make and in the right dose it packs a serious punch.
Tell me about it! I blew myself off the porch of our hunting cabin once.....I must have been around 20 at the time.

I was shooting a Parker-Hale Enfield Musketoon and paused to refill my powder flask from a can of FF BP.

I loaded/capped as normal and when I fired I found myself laying out in the yard, the first thing I saw was a cloud of BP smoke billowing up under the roof of the porch.

I collected myself off the ground (rifle in hand) and the best I can figure is I forgot to affix the cap on the can of BP properly when I set it back down in my ML box (a old wooden ammo crate) as it was blown to hell and gone. I found what was left of the can and it was missing it's lid.

I suspect when I fired a piece of the top-hat cap or spark must have found it's way in and Kaboom!

It blew me through two porch rails, bruised me up good, and blackened my jacket a bit, but otherwise I was none the worse for wear.

LOL....I had to go out and cut me two locust rails to replace the ones I busted and repaint the porch.....From then on I put my new ML box inside the cabin.....Lesson learned! ;)

Tell me about it! I blew myself off the porch of our hunting cabin once.....I must have been around 20 at the time.

I was shooting a Parker-Hale Enfield Musketoon and paused to refill my powder flask from a can of FF BP.

I loaded/capped as normal and when I fired I found myself laying out in the yard, the first thing I saw was a cloud of BP smoke billowing up under the roof of the porch.

I collected myself off the ground (rifle in hand) and the best I can figure is I forgot to affix the cap on the can of BP properly when I set it back down in my ML box (a old wooden ammo crate) as it was blown to hell and gone. I found what was left of the can and it was missing it's lid.

I suspect when I fired a piece of the top-hat cap or spark must have found it's way in and Kaboom!

It blew me through two porch rails, bruised me up good, and blackened my jacket a bit, but otherwise I was none the worse for wear.

LOL....I had to go out and cut me two locust rails to replace the ones I busted and repaint the porch.....From then on I put my new ML box inside the cabin.....Lesson learned! ;)

And you came away with a great story!

The BATFE doesn't even consider black powder rifles, pistols, and canons to be actual "firearms." They don't regulate them at all. It doesn't matter if they have rifling or they're smoothbore.

Aside from some states that have prohibitions, even a felon can legally possess a black powder pistol or rifle.

It has been a few years, but I once bought a black powder revolver and had it shipped by UPS to my house. I think I had to specify ground transport. But that was it.

That old .44 BP revolver was badass at reasonable ranges. And with an extra cylinder it was easy to reload.

Back in the day of the Revolutionary war, when the Congress met, you had to wait to see the whites of your opponents eyes before you fired. That meant that you had a pretty good chance of hitting a target. Unlike later on when the barrel was rifled and then the range got a lot better. Sharpshooters were the ones given the rifled weapons, as it was to direct fire at British officers giving orders...

I bought back under the Obammy admin two black powder .44 navy revolvers, and they were shipped to my door. Both cost me 200 dollars, today they both would cost over 500 dollars. Isnt Joe Biden's inflation such a wonderful thing..

Forum List

Back