How Covid Has Changed Our Daily Lives

It is becoming clear that if America is to continue to exist as a free nation regime change in 2024 will not be soon enough.

There is one (1, liberals) chance - in November.

Failing that.....well France was a good example but then they went and fucked that up. Hey, they're French, doing what they do best.
The greatest danger to the nation is lost of trust in our institutions, goverment, media, science, major businesses, and education. It should be abundantly clear that trust can not be restored by just a change in party control of government. However, there are two ways to fix the problem.

Find a way that the parities can work together on the parts of major issues that both sides can agree. No matter the issue there are some things people can agree on but don't due to politics.

The other way is too elect a charismatic politician who the public will idealize giving him power to make sweeping changes in goverment ignoring congress and the courts. Clearly people do not trust either party but they do trust individuals. We saw this in Germany in the 1930's. in France in early 1800's, in Italy in the 1920's, Spain in 1930's, etc. This would be a terrible way to end the great experiment that began nearly 250 years ago.

Last edited:
There has been so much written about Covid, all the deaths, the battle over vaccines, government subsidies, the politics, the science, etc, etc. But what about the changes in our daily lives. Here are a couple to get us started.

A friend of my wife is married has two kids, lives in an apartment with a rent of $1200 a month. During the epidemic the family has been able to keep their jobs, pay their rent, and other expenses. Last week they got a notice from their landlord that their rent was going up to $2100 a month starting next month, a $900 a month increase. The landlord told them there has been so many people not paying their rent that he has no choice. The rules on eviction has changed due to covid so that it is almost impossible to evict anyone. In spite of the stupidly of this, they are faced with finding a new apartment or paying the rent increase. Since they don't want to ruin their credit by not paying their rent, they will be looking for a new home.

The wife was fixing a big Italian meal for the family so I decided to get a couple of bottles of Chianti. So I went to a large supermarket where there was a large wine selection. Usually they had someone in the department to help customers since they had thousands of bottles of wine. There was nobody so after 15 mins of looking, I went to the service desk and ask for help. I was told they no longer had a wine steward but they had a guy that could help. While I waited she asked what I was looking for and when I told her she ask the cashier if she had ever heard of something called Chianti. He ask what is it? Finally the guy that was to help me arrived and explained that he was new and didn't know where the wine dept. was and had no idea what Chianti was and pointed to a sign.
"We are sorry for the inconvenience but have lost most of our long term employees and we are running on a skeleton staff. Please be kind to them and be thankful they showed up to work."

Later that day, the wife gave me a shopping list for the big dinner. It had 15 items on it. I found no pork chops so I got Chicken, no romaine lettuce so I got a bag of something green, no graded cheese so I got block cheese, no buttermilk, so I found it after going to 3 stores. By the time I was done, I was ready for frozen dinners. This reminds me of what it was like in WWII on the Homefront.
Indeed.
If it makes you feel any better, I live thousands of miles across the seas, in the land of the kangaroos, and it's the same. thousands of staff missing from the work force, supply chain shortages everywhere.

Indeed.
If it makes you feel any better, I live thousands of miles across the seas, in the land of the kangaroos, and it's the same. thousands of staff missing from the work force, supply chain shortages everywhere.
It does. Occasionally we are all in it together and this is one of those times. Maybe we can work together to end it as it is a worldwide problem. As long as it ravages one country, it will spread to others and repercussions are felt everywhere.

Odd... A friend of mine back home is going through the eviction process right now... Depending on the hearing "verdict", she will have five days to vacate.

I was looking for some Merlot once for a recipe my late spouse was cooking. I knew I was in trouble when the guy at the super market called it "Mer-LOT" (rhymes with bot)... LOL.

Odd...again, I didn't have any trouble finding obscure items for Thanksgiving much less the "meat and potatoes" I have nightly. The other day we had sauteed mushrooms with roasted broccoli and chicken thighs.... home made blueberry cobbler for dessert. Dinner tonight was steamed shrimp over three types of greens and diced tomatoes. I hit it with a little lemon juice and it sparkled.

----

As for the changes in day-to-day life... I don't mean to make too much of it--and maybe I'm not--but when 40% of the nation refuses to take a lifesaving vaccine for political reasons anyone who looks at it soberly cannot hold out much hope for the nation. This on top of all of the volumes of misinformation and outright disinformation willfully broadcasted over platforms like this.
On one hand, I guess we should be thankful that some of the more ridiculous conspiracy theories have lost traction...

View attachment 583695

On the other hand, one would think that the consistently duped idiots who buy into these theories would wise up.
Protections from eviction have varied a lot across he country, rules have basic been state or local. I believe this is one the things that making it hard to hire people. This needs to end with all the Covid subsidies.

Get the vaccine, get the vaccine. Know what, It does not protect you so much:

Here´s what you get for being good sheeple:

See here Fauci denying you other vaccines, by praising the existing ones in the US:

And finally, listen, see how this vaccine works out:
"A two-shot course of Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine may have just 22.5% efficacy against symptomatic infection with the omicron variant, but can thwart severe disease, according to laboratory experiments in South Africa."

No, it is not over.

• Current figures suggest that vaccines offer 30 to 40 percent protection against infection and around 70 percent protection against hospitalization without boosters.
  • Newer data is confirming that a third dose increases antibody production and boosts effectiveness against infection to around 75 percent, and 88 percent for severe disease.

• Current figures suggest that vaccines offer 30 to 40 percent protection against infection and around 70 percent protection against hospitalization without boosters.
  • Newer data is confirming that a third dose increases antibody production and boosts effectiveness against infection to around 75 percent, and 88 percent for severe disease.
30 - 40 is a lie. And "booster" is the vaccination. It won´t increase protection beyond the initial one. The CEO and Chairman of Pfizer says: Offers very limited protection, if any. Listen to him.

See also:
"On Tuesday, a new study from South Africa showed that people infected with omicron are 80% less likely to be admitted to a hospital when compared with other strains."

30 - 40 is a lie. And "booster" is the vaccination. It won´t increase protection beyond the initial one. The CEO and Chairman of Pfizer says: Offers very limited protection, if any. Listen to him.

See also:
"On Tuesday, a new study from South Africa showed that people infected with omicron are 80% less likely to be admitted to a hospital when compared with other strains."

When Omicron first appeared there were no studies' and the CEO of Pfzier was speaking in generalities when said the vaccines offer little protection and reasonable protection against hospitalization. We now have studies that actually shows how effective the vaccines are.

This has been the story since this epidemic began. The information you hear today will not be the information you hear a month from now because the information changes as the virus changes and scientists discovery more about the virus and the vaccines. Anti-vaxer use this in attempts to prove the vaccines must be faulty because the scientists are wrong.

Last edited:
When Omicron first appeared there were no studies' and the CEO of Pfzier was speaking in generalities when said the vaccines offer little protection and reasonable protection against hospitalization. We now have studies that actually shows how effective the vaccines are.

This has been the story since this epidemic began. The information you hear today will not be the information you hear a month from now because the information changes as the virus changes and scientists discovery more about the virus and the vaccines. Anti-vaxer use this in attempts to prove the vaccines must be faulty because the scientists are wrong.
What Bourla said is about Omicron. The vaccine was developed by German company Biontech, solely. They don´t need to learn about it, they made it.
Yes, we have studies.
Study 1: 22,5 % protection against infection with Omicron variant

Study 2: "Just 20% to 24% of BioNTech vaccine recipients had detectable neutralising antibodies against Omicron, the study found."

So, it is everything but not effective. Biontech is making a new vaccine for Omicron, its coming in March, as Bourla tells in the video:

So if it is all that great, why are they making a new vaccine? And don´t forget in the face of all the media babbling: A vaccine is there to prevent infection.

Politics must go by the facts!

What Bourla said is about Omicron. The vaccine was developed by German company Biontech, solely. They don´t need to learn about it, they made it.
Yes, we have studies.
Study 1: 22,5 % protection against infection with Omicron variant

Study 2: "Just 20% to 24% of BioNTech vaccine recipients had detectable neutralising antibodies against Omicron, the study found."

So, it is everything but not effective. Biontech is making a new vaccine for Omicron, its coming in March, as Bourla tells in the video:

So if it is all that great, why are they making a new vaccine? And don´t forget in the face of all the media babbling: A vaccine is there to prevent infection.

Politics must go by the facts!
This virus produces new variants due it's high rate of mutation. Whenever a new variant lowers the vaccine effeteness, scientists tweak the vaccine to improve it's effectiveness. Effectiveness of all vaccines go down with time. Once the effectiveness of a vaccine is low enough due to time and variants, the FDA approves a new version, that is a booster. During an epidemic, it is common to have boosters coming out ever 6 to 12 months. For viruses that become endemic or seasonal, booster are recommended yearly such as the flu vaccines. Some vaccines are recommend every 5, 7, 10 years or once in a lifetime.

No, vaccines are not created to prevent infections. They are created to keep you from becoming seriously ill or dying from those infections. An infection is when the body is invaded by a microorganism or parasite. No vaccine can protect you from this. Masks, social distancing, and quarantining can. Vaccines begin to work only after the body has been invaded by quickening and increasing your body's immune system response to the invader.

This virus produces new variants due it's high rate of mutation. Whenever a new variant lowers the vaccine effeteness, scientists tweak the vaccine to improve it's effectiveness. Effectiveness of all vaccines go down with time. Once the effectiveness of a vaccine is low enough due to time and variants, the FDA approves a new version, that is a booster. During an epidemic, it is common to have boosters coming out ever 6 to 12 months. For viruses that become endemic or seasonal, booster are recommended yearly such as the flu vaccines. Some vaccines are recommend every 5, 7, 10 years or once in a lifetime.
I don´t know who told you that nonsense. The booster is the vaccine. The Biontech/Pfizer booster is 100 % equal to the initial vaccination. The Moderna booster uses the same active agent used in the initial vaccine but with only 50 % of its concentration.

"Yes, COVID-19 boosters use the same recipe as the original shots, despite the emergence of the more contagious delta variant. The vaccines weren't tweaked to better match delta because they're still working well."

No, vaccines are not created to prevent infections. They are created to keep you from becoming seriously ill or dying from those infections. An infection is when the body is invaded by a microorganism or parasite. No vaccine can protect you from this. Masks, social distancing, and quarantining can. Vaccines begin to work only after the body has been invaded by quickening and increasing your body's immune system response to the invader.
You are wrong again. Getting into the body is not equal to infection. Billions of bacteria and viruses invade you but normally you won´t be infected, because you have an immune system.
mRNA vaccines are different to traditional ones. They don´t make the body develop antibodies but deliver a blueprint for anti-bodies which then are produced locally by the immun system. This is why the immun response is reduced with each "booster" and you become more prone to the virus without new booster shots. If the booster now contains the blueprint for antibodies that can´t prevent infection, you are totally exposed. Israeli incidence is at 6809,7 currently:

I don´t know who told you that nonsense. The booster is the vaccine. The Biontech/Pfizer booster is 100 % equal to the initial vaccination. The Moderna booster uses the same active agent used in the initial vaccine but with only 50 % of its concentration.

"Yes, COVID-19 boosters use the same recipe as the original shots, despite the emergence of the more contagious delta variant. The vaccines weren't tweaked to better match delta because they're still working well."

You are wrong again. Getting into the body is not equal to infection. Billions of bacteria and viruses invade you but normally you won´t be infected, because you have an immune system.
mRNA vaccines are different to traditional ones. They don´t make the body develop antibodies but deliver a blueprint for anti-bodies which then are produced locally by the immun system. This is why the immun response is reduced with each "booster" and you become more prone to the virus without new booster shots. If the booster now contains the blueprint for antibodies that can´t prevent infection, you are totally exposed. Israeli incidence is at 6809,7 currently:
You are correct in this case the booster is same as the original dose(s). However that an exception. The Flu vaccine we get each year is a booster that incorporates new strains and variants. Pfizer had developed a booster that contained updates for the delta variant last summer however the FDA/CDC made the decision to go with current vaccine for the booster because it would take to long to finish testing and manufacture the updated booster.

It seems likely that once the epidemic becomes endemic, we will have a yearly update like the flu vaccine. In fact, one company is working on a combined flu/corvid vaccine yearly booster.

Definition of infection - the state produced by the establishment of one or more pathogenic agents or microorganisms (as bacteria, viruses, protozoans, or fungi) in or on the body of a suitable host.

In order for the immune system to begin attacking a pathogen there must an infection; that is the virus must established itself in the body. That occurs when the first viral particles break into cells and begin the replication process. That is what triggers the immune system. The infection may be very minor but it has to be there for the immune system to do it's job.

For those that have not developed an immunity thru vaccination or previous infection(s), it can take days for the immune system to recognize the virus and attack it. During that time period, Covid is replicating itself ever 4 to 8 hours. So if it takes 48 hours for the body to mount an attack against the virus, the viral particles will have increase 12 to 24 times. So a single virial particle would become thousands or even millions. By that time you most probably would be pretty sick.

For a person who has developed immunity by vaccination or by having or previous infections, the immune systems begins attacking the infection must faster.

Last edited:
You are correct in this case the booster is same as the original dose(s). However that an exception. The Flu vaccine we get each year is a booster that incorporates new strains and variants. Pfizer had developed a booster that contained updates for the delta variant last summer however the FDA/CDC made the decision to go with current vaccine for the booster because it would take to long to finish testing and manufacture the updated booster.

It seems likely that once the epidemic becomes endemic, we will have a yearly update like the flu vaccine. In fact, one company is working on a combined flu/corvid vaccine yearly booster.
Remarkable is that the flu has almost completely vanished. Official government data show Germany had 564 flu cases last year:
grippe_influenzalqkhk.png

Definition of infection - the state produced by the establishment of one or more pathogenic agents or microorganisms (as bacteria, viruses, protozoans, or fungi) in or on the body of a suitable host.

In order for the immune system to begin attacking a pathogen there must an infection; that is the virus must established itself in the body. That occurs when the first viral particles break into cells and begin the replication process. That is what triggers the immune system. The infection may be very minor but it has to be there for the immune system to do it's job.

For those that have not developed an immunity thru vaccination or previous infection(s), it can take days for the immune system to recognize the virus and attack it. During that time period, Covid is replicating itself ever 4 to 8 hours. So if it takes 48 hours for the body to mount an attack against the virus, the viral particles will have increase 12 to 24 times. So a single virial particle would become thousands or even millions. By that time you most probably would be pretty sick.

For a person who has developed immunity by vaccination or by having or previous infections, the immune systems begins attacking the infection must faster.
Yes, that is correct, almost. Bacteria are always on our bodies, in large numbers.

Last edited:
Remarkable is that the flu has almost completely vanished. Official government data show Germany had 564 flu cases last year:
grippe_influenzalqkhk.png

Yes, that is correct, almost. Bacteria are always on our bodies, in large numbers.
There are less cases of Flu reported for two reasons. First being the Flu is a repertory disease like Covid but unlike Covid it has a lower transmission rate which means social distancing and masks have a major impact on transmission. Second being, that less people are going to ER's with things like the Flu. If they have Flu symptoms which is a lot like Covid, they get tested and if negative or positive they go home and self treat as instructed.

Forum List

Back