how could you be a Christian and be against the Israeli state?

Jennifer.Bush

Aug 6, 2006
It’s a fact that in the Holy Bible that God promised the Israelites their own land, god made that pact with Abram (I believe), and then God tells Moses and company to fight for the land that is of the Hittites, Canaanites, Perizzites, and etc. In fact in Deuteronomy 20:16 God says “do not leave anything alive that breathes”
But before that verse God says in Deuteronomy 20:14 that the Israelites may take “women, the children, livestock, and everything else in the city…. as your plunder…..”

So my question is how could you be a Christian and get mad at what the Israeli state is doing when you’re not even mad at your own god for basically saying “hey you know what kill everyone, even kids”

Finally there are many passages in Joshua that tells of the killing of women and children.
So lets speak on it
:razz:

It’s a fact that in the Holy Bible that God promised the Israelites their own land, god made that pact with Abram (I believe), and then God tells Moses and company to fight for the land that is of the Hittites, Canaanites, Perizzites, and etc. In fact in Deuteronomy 20:16 God says “do not leave anything alive that breathes”
But before that verse God says in Deuteronomy 20:14 that the Israelites may take “women, the children, livestock, and everything else in the city…. as your plunder…..”

So my question is how could you be a Christian and get mad at what the Israeli state is doing when you’re not even mad at your own god for basically saying “hey you know what kill everyone, even kids”

Finally there are many passages in Joshua that tells of the killing of women and children.
So lets speak on it

Because it is the inherent nature of politically active Christians to pick and choose what they want from the Bible.

Well, if you'd like to hear a theological explanation to this, I'd say such Christians a) identify themselves as the "new [and the only] Israel" b) they don't see a link between the secular state and promises given by G-d to "religious Israelites".

I strongly disagree with this approach. I think every Christian should support Israel, G-d never forgets his promises, he gave a promise that this land will belong to Jews, everyone who denies the right of Jews to have their state, denies the fact that G-d keeps his promises, and such person goes against the will of G-d.

the same way jews disagree with the Israeli state...

They just are. There doesnt have to be a good reason.

Because it is the inherent nature of politically active Christians to pick and choose what they want from the Bible.

Bingo, I'll agree wholeheartedly on that. Look at all the liberals who claim they are Christians. How odd eh? When you really look into the Bible and see how many wars took place and how many people were killed at times and almost at once how can you not believe and stand up for the cause? Faith is a powerful tool when used correctly. And another note but in Hosea it clearly speaks about how Israel whored it's self out kind of sounds like our country now.:eusa_think:

I don't understand this. How do you mean? My Christian beliefs hasn't got anything to do with what I think about Israels doings regarding anything. Can you rephrase?

I don't understand this. How do you mean? My Christian beliefs hasn't got anything to do with what I think about Israels doings regarding anything. Can you rephrase?

what i'm saying is the same god, that Christians follow is the same god that told Moses and Jousha to fight, and when they fought they killed women and children b/c god told them, so if you support that god then how could a christian be against what the jews are doing when back yrs ago god told them to do the same stuff

Well if faith doesn't do it I guess that burning bush that Moses saw might.....it is a religion of convenience nothing more and it has been for thousand of years. Why should anything be different? If I didn't have faith I wouldn't see or understand this topic and I'd make negative quotes over how wrong war is and that god doesn't exist and how could he allow such things to happen?

what i'm saying is the same god, that Christians follow is the same god that told Moses and Jousha to fight, and when they fought they killed women and children b/c god told them, so if you support that god then how could a christian be against what the jews are doing when back yrs ago god told them to do the same stuff
Do you know why God told the Jews to exterminate those particular tribes?

Okay, now I know what you mean. I've asked those questions myself. I have gotten some answers too, but mainly Christianity at least to me, - turned to be a forgiving religion. The last message from god is one of love and understanding. One man has died for all our sins.

So lets speak on it

To answer your question simply, in order to be a Christian, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God. There was never a condition set for the followers of Christ that in order to get into heaven they had to uphold the idea of the promised land for Jews. Religiously speaking, modern day Jews are people that have rejected Jesus, so they are not getting into Heaven no matter what they do. And even if God is going to fullfill his promise to Israelites, why do we in this time period have to try to make it happen? Who is to say it isn't supposed to happen for another thousand years?

so they can get their land. do u think it's ok to kill women, children, males b/c of land?

No, it's OK because God says it is. As for just how God delivered these messages and to whom are questions which have gone begging for a couple of millennia. Right and wrong have nothing to do with it.

Forum List

Back