How Could Anyone Be Against This?

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
There are thousands of abandoned oil and natural gas wells left uncapped polluting our nation, harming the people who have to live in the mess and contributing to climate change.

A part of the Biden infrastructure "Build Back Better" plan is to cap these wells.

The cost can be paid by repealing subsidies or what I call welfare to the oil companies or to impose a small fee on them.

It's a win/win all around. The uncapped wells get cleaned up, the environment gets cleaned up and jobs are created.

How can anyone be against this?

There are thousands of abandoned oil and natural gas wells left uncapped polluting our nation, harming the people who have to live in the mess and contributing to climate change.

A part of the Biden infrastructure "Build Back Better" plan is to cap these wells.

The cost can be paid by repealing subsidies or what I call welfare to the oil companies or to impose a small fee on them.

It's a win/win all around. The uncapped wells get cleaned up, the environment gets cleaned up and jobs are created.

I can’t help but wonder why the Super Kenyan didn’t resolve the issue during his eight year reign of terror? After all, he had a cash printing press next to his bed in the White House.

What a stupid idea. If these wells exist and are bothering people, they obviously still have untapped resources and need pumped dry. They should be sold for a great price to the lowest bidder willing to develop them!

My primary opposition to this would be we taxpayers footing the bill for something private companies created. Why aren't the companies who own these mines and wells being made to clean these up and pay for it? The article doesn't discuss that, so maybe there is a reason why. Perhaps, the companies no longer exist or something, but that would be my main issue with this. Furthermore, where has the EPA been on this? Isn't this their job to stop this from happening to begin with?

I can’t help but wonder why the Super Kenyan didn’t resolve the issue during his eight year reign of terror? After all, he had a cash printing press next to his bed in the White House.

All Barry needed was his pen and his phone!

ANOTHER heinous problem facing America the Biden Team is willing to tackle!

lgbtqrteam.jpg

You can bet they'll be uncapping them shortly after they cap them. Democrats seem to be too dumb to learn from other peoples mistakes.

I'm all for it, however, the taxpayers should not be paying for this, the corporations need to cap the wells.

They should have the companies involved to roll out a plan to cap these wells in the next 6 months and the government should hold the companies liable and if the companies don't follow their plan, the government should cap them and send the corporations the bill, plus a penalty.

I dont know enough of the facts to make a determination, but if democrats are for it, you know its a really bad fucking idea.

Taxpayers footing the bill so the government can clean up for Big Oil? No thanks. This is why politicians who are owned by Big Oil, like Joe Biden, need to go.

My primary opposition to this would be we taxpayers footing the bill for something private companies created. Why aren't the companies who own these mines and wells being made to clean these up and pay for it? The article doesn't discuss that, so maybe there is a reason why. Perhaps, the companies no longer exist or something, but that would be my main issue with this. Furthermore, where has the EPA been on this? Isn't this their job to stop this from happening to begin with?

The article briefly does discuss how it's paid. The industry that created the problem would pay for it.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 10.45.39 AM.png

I agree, the taxpayers should't be paying for the mess private companies leave behind.

Years of the EPA being gutted with it's regulations repealed, I am not surprised that this has been allowed to happen. Yes the EPA was created to address situations like this but in the years since it's creation, the EPA has been deregulated to the point that they really aren't as effective anymore. Especially when we have administrations that hate the EPA, appoint people to head the EPA who that worked in or for the very industries the EPA is supposed to regulate. If you want the EPA to be more effective don't support and vote for politicians who hate the EPA and do all they can to make it a gutless agency.

Being that I have no clue about abandoned wells, one could rightfully say I don't know an uncapped well from a hole in the ground (or some alternative comparison).

However, for oil and gas thoughs I rely on Rigzone. Minimal political slant, just oil and gas industrial trade information. It took only a minute to find this alternative to Biden's plan: conversion to geothermal energy.
A New Use for Orphaned Oil and Gas Wells? | Rigzone

Off to donate blood so I only had time for a quick glance, it's probably worth considering.

Being that I have no clue about abandoned wells, one could rightfully say I don't know an uncapped well from a hole in the ground (or some alternative comparison).

However, for oil and gas thoughs I rely on Rigzone. Minimal political slant, just oil and gas industrial trade information. It took only a minute to find this alternative to Biden's plan: conversion to geothermal energy.
A New Use for Orphaned Oil and Gas Wells? | Rigzone

Off to donate blood so I only had time for a quick glance, it's probably worth considering.

I'm all for those wells being put to good use. If not they need to be capped.

I dont know enough of the facts to make a determination, but if democrats are for it, you know its a really bad fucking idea.
That makes no sense. Either put them to use or cap them, both at owner or former owner's expense.

New Topics

Forum List

Back