How can we expect our kids to learn if there is sorcery in the classroom!?!

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
The reason America's schools are falling behind is because they need more money. Nothing at all to do with insanely stupid policies.

Aiden claimed Thursday he could put a ring on his friend's head and make him invisible like Bilbo Baggins, who stole Gollum’s "precious" in J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy series “The Lord of the Rings.”

“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” the boy's father later wrote in an email. "If he did, I'm sure he'd bring him right back."

[snip]

Two of the disciplinary actions this year were in-school suspensions for referring to a classmate as black and bringing his favorite book to school: "The Big Book of Knowledge."

Texas boy suspended after bringing ring of power to school - NY Daily News

This is a completely one-sided account. I've heard too many parents downplay what their child did in order to blame the school for the trouble his child is causing.

Gotta hear the other side before I make up my mind.

The reason America's schools are falling behind is because they need more money. Nothing at all to do with insanely stupid policies.

Aiden claimed Thursday he could put a ring on his friend's head and make him invisible like Bilbo Baggins, who stole Gollum’s "precious" in J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy series “The Lord of the Rings.”

“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” the boy's father later wrote in an email. "If he did, I'm sure he'd bring him right back."

[snip]

Two of the disciplinary actions this year were in-school suspensions for referring to a classmate as black and bringing his favorite book to school: "The Big Book of Knowledge."

Texas boy suspended after bringing ring of power to school - NY Daily News
Money is not the answer.

That ought to be obvious.

We don't get our money's worth now.

More won't fix a thing.

The reason America's schools are falling behind is because they need more money.

Maybe you need to reword that. The reason Texas schools have one of the lowest high school graduation rates is BECAUSE the schools are run by a bunch of right wing evangelicals. And the Texas school board has also given the country some of the WORST text books that teachers have ever tried to use. Americas schools are struggling because of a few reasons. But Texans sure don't help the cause of education.

The reason America's schools are falling behind is because they need more money.

Maybe you need to reword that. The reason Texas schools have one of the lowest high school graduation rates is BECAUSE the schools are run by a bunch of right wing evangelicals. And the Texas school board has also given the country some of the WORST text books that teachers have ever tried to use. Americas schools are struggling because of a few reasons. But Texans sure don't help the cause of education.
Texas ranks low because of what come IN to the schools.

When a kid comes in to school and cannot name the basic colors, does not know right from left, and cannot at least recite the BC's, yet knows every four letter word and every term for sexual deviancy, not school and no amount of money can remedy the situation.

We have Head Start, pre-k, three year old programs, and, day care for the kids of kids, and still the problem persists.

If the raw material going into a school is mentally inferior, the product coming out will be too.

• Banned
We have Head Start, pre-k, three year old programs, and, day care for the kids of kids, and still the problem persists.

That's why Texas is extremely stupid to preach the abstinence only sex ed program.

When a kid comes in to school and cannot name the basic colors, does not know right from left, and cannot at least recite the BC's, yet knows every four letter word and every term for sexual deviancy, not school and no amount of money can remedy the situation.

If the raw material going into a school is mentally inferior, the product coming out will be too.
When learning Spanish in high school, the dirty words is what you wanted to learn first...

Schools generally do fine when parents are involved.
Not so sure about the case cited in the OP. The parents MAY be part of the problem. This kid has already been suspended 3 times this year and according to the parent, every time it was a HUGE over-reach by the school and just a silly little thing their child did.

But the school is not allowed to respond and say, "the little brat set fire to a classmate." or whatever because they are required to respect the student's privacy - but dad is free to run off to the nearest newspaper with his tale.

That's why my kids get(got) extra learning at home....

Ghana has a per-student public school expenditure about 1/20 our own. How do whiners explain that almost all urban black people in Ghana are literate by age 10, as compared to 100% illiteracy in many urban public schools in this country? How's that work exactly? Maybe if we cut public school expenditures down by 95%, our black kids might know how to read and write as well.

Schools generally do fine when parents are involved.
Not so sure about the case cited in the OP. The parents MAY be part of the problem. This kid has already been suspended 3 times this year and according to the parent, every time it was a HUGE over-reach by the school and just a silly little thing their child did.

But the school is not allowed to respond and say, "the little brat set fire to a classmate." or whatever because they are required to respect the student's privacy - but dad is free to run off to the nearest newspaper with his tale.
In a ghetto school, rural or urban, parents are the problem.

Most kids are mentally stunted before they enter school.

You cannot remediate an atrophied brain.

I taught all mine to read by four.

Kept them busy.

All breezed through school.

I taught all mine to read by four.

Kept them busy.

All breezed through school.
So did I...With the last one we had all kinds of electronics learning devices, one was read with me DVD, which was an interactive reading and learning system...He is 12, in 6th grade and reads at a 9th grade level....

Ghana has a per-student public school expenditure about 1/20 our own. How do whiners explain that almost all urban black people in Ghana are literate by age 10, as compared to 100% illiteracy in many urban public schools in this country? How's that work exactly? Maybe if we cut public school expenditures down by 95%, our black kids might know how to read and write as well.
Why don't we investigate what they are doing that is successful and try to work with it in our system, before we slaughter the sacred cow...

Oh ass leper, shut the hell up. I attended the conference in Santa Fe. Now why don't you quit making a fool of yourself and do as I suggested. Go to the www.archaeology.org web site and do some homework. Archaeology Magazine is the official publication of the American Archaeological Association...dumbass. Have they been "debunked" do you think? How about the 40 sponsored Solutrean dig sites now in excavation? "Debunked" do you think? You're an ignorant racist. You've proven that time and again.
Oh sweettom. Dont be sore. I attended the founding fathers signing of the declaration of independence. I already did my homework and dont need to go anywhere. DNA trumps pretty much anything except time travel. Soultrean theory is dead in the water. Your insistence on averting your eyes to the DNA proves you are racist butt boil.

Ass leper, you're way out of your league here. Quit while you're behind.
Or what Sweet Tom? You wanna debate DNA? Please say yes.
laugh.gif

They're envious people. It's the oldest sin in the Bible.
So is accumulation of wealth..beyond what is necessary to live....

Why don't we investigate what they are doing that is successful and try to work with it in our system, before we slaughter the sacred cow...

It's the culture. Their teachers are literate too, unlike our own, so that helps. Ghana was a British colony. It's amazing how civilizing an influence that seems to be. Even so, Ghana falls into lapses of revolving door dictators just like the rest of black Africa.

Forum List

Back