how can everyone ignore this?

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
O, Muslim town of Bethlehem...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O, Muslim town of Bethlehem...

Daily Mail (UK)
By ELIZABETH DAY
16th December 2006

All is quiet in Bethlehem. On Manger Square, the Church of the Nativity stands in the pale gloom of dusk, its doors open to passing pilgrims.

But inside, the nave is empty of visitors and the collection boxes depleted of coins. In the candlelit grotto downstairs, a silver star marks the spot where Jesus is supposed to have been born. It is one of the most sacred sites in Christendom, but there are no tourists queuing to see it.

Just 500 yards down the road, Joseph Canawati is not looking forward to Christmas. The expansive lobby of his 77-room Hotel Alexander is empty and he says: There is no hope for the future of the Christian community. "We don't think things are going to get better. For us, it is finished."

Life for Palestinian Christians such as 50-year-old Joseph has become increasingly difficult in Bethlehem - and many of them are leaving.
The town's Christian population has dwindled from more than 85 per cent in 1948 to 12 per cent of its 60,000 inhabitants in 2006.

There are reports of religious persecution, in the form of murders, beatings and land grabs.

"...The situation has become so desperate that the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, and Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor, the head of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales, are to lead a joint delegation to Bethlehem this week to express their solidarity with the beleaguered Christian populace.

The town, according to the Cardinal, is being "steadily strangled".

The sense of a creeping Islamic fundamentalism is all around in Bethlehem.

A mosque on one side of Manger Square stands directly opposite the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches, while in the evening the muezzin's call to prayer clashes with the peal of church bells.

Shops selling Santa Claus outfits and mother-of-pearl statuettes of the Virgin Mary have their shutters painted a sun-bleached green, the colour of Islam.
And in the Al-Jacir Palace, Bethlehem's only luxury hotel, there is a baubled Christmas tree in reception and a card showing the direction of Mecca in the rooms.

George Rabie, a 22-year-old taxi driver from the Bethlehem suburb of Beit Jala, is proud of his Christianity, even though it puts him in daily danger. Two months ago, he was beaten up by a gang of Muslims who were visiting Bethlehem from nearby Hebron and who had spotted the crucifix hanging on his windscreen.
"Every day, I experience discrimination," he says. "
"It is a type of Racism. We are a minority so we are an easier target. Many extremists from the villages are coming into Bethlehem."

Jeriez Moussa Amaro, a 27-year-old aluminium craftsman from Beit Jala is another with first-hand experience of the appalling violence that Christians face.

Five years ago, his two sisters, Rada, 24, and Dunya, 18, were shot dead by Muslim gunmen in their own home. Their crime was to be young, attractive Christian women who wore Western clothes and no veil. Rada had been sleeping with a Muslim man in the months before her death.

A terrorist organisation, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, issued a statement claiming responsibility, which said: "We wanted to clean the Palestinian house of prostitutes."

[...]

During the past six years, 50 restaurants, 28 hotels and 240 souvenir shops have closed. Samir Qumsieh is general manager of Al-Mahed - Nativity - which is the only Christian television station in Bethlehem.

He has had death threats and visits from armed men demanding three acres of his land - and he is now ready to leave.
"As Christians, we have no future here," he says.
"We are melting away. Next summer I will leave this country to go to the States. How can I continue? "I would rather have a beautiful dream in my head about what my home is like, not the nightmare of the reality."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=423126&in_page_id=1770[/url]

Everyone wants to talk about how terrible christians are, while no one dares criticize islam.

This is disgusting, women all over the muslim world are forced to have female circumcizion, wear burkas or veils, some cant even work, or leave the house, and non-muslims are treated as 2nd class citizens, yet you live in america, so you only see christians, and their an easy target, because if you made fun of islam, you might risk your life like theo van go.

Its hypocritical, i tell you.

You pretend to care about the world, but do nothing except bully the little guy, while the bully all over the world, radical islam, and its followeres, kills even , moderate islam and its followers

I know its politically incorect for me to say this, and you to hear this, but the truth isnt politically correct.

I don't know? Am I supposed to comment or find a link or analyze the article paragraph by paragraph?

What was your point? Was there some deeper meaning you expected us to extract from that?

of course you can comment. I want everyone to comment.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=46060

It is ironic how some sit here in safe america, and criticize the easy target, christians, while the majority of terrorism, and oppression is being done by muslims

But nobody will say it, close your eyes, the truth doesnt matter, only lies, or what fits your agenda.

Sorry, I'm abandoning posting any more articles to anywhere or commenting on such. From now on, I'll follow the new rules.

Everyone wants to talk about how terrible christians are, while no one dares criticize islam.

This is disgusting, women all over the muslim world are forced to have female circumcizion, wear burkas or veils, some cant even work, or leave the house, and non-muslims are treated as 2nd class citizens, yet you live in america, so you only see christians, and their an easy target, because if you made fun of islam, you might risk your life like theo van go.

Its hypocritical, i tell you.

You pretend to care about the world, but do nothing except bully the little guy, while the bully all over the world, radical islam, and its followeres, kills even , moderate islam and its followers

I know its politically incorect for me to say this, and you to hear this, but the truth isnt politically correct.

First of all, most Muslim women aren't forced to endure female genital mutilation, though it is widely practiced among some African tribes.

I'm also not certain what your point is.

muslims in the middle east have a LOOOOONG history of distrusting Christians, and vice versa. Go back to 1009 and the destruction of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.... look at the way the streets of Jerusalem ran knee deep with muslim blood during the first crusade.... they ALL have very long memories on both sides.

Now, im going to do something I dont normally do, but since im not the authority on mutilating women, I will defer to this article.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1766472/posts

The discovery of widespread FGM in Iraqi Kurdistan suggests the assumption to be incorrect that FGM is primarily an African phenomenon with only marginal occurrence in the eastern Islamic world. If FGM is practiced at a rate of nearly 60 percent by Iraqi Kurds, then how prevalent is the practice in neighboring Syria where living conditions and cultural and religious practices are comparable? According to Fran Hosken, late founder of the Women's International Network News and author of groundbreaking research on FGM in 1975, "There is little doubt that similar practices—excision, child marriage, and putting rock salt into the vagina of women after childbirth—exist in other parts of the Arabian Peninsula and around the Persian Gulf."

http://www3.cerritos.edu/RKREGER/Honors/adeseun_files/textofpaper.htm

Southern Asia and the Arabian Peninsula of the Middle East have also recorded high rates of FGM. It is also practiced in some European countries such as France and the Netherlands, and is on the rise among immigrants in the United States and Canada.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_197.html

What with the rise of Islamic fundamentalism, though, I'm inclined to think female circumcision may be with us for years to come.

muslims in the middle east have a LOOOOONG history of distrusting Christians, and vice versa. Go back to 1009 and the destruction of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.... look at the way the streets of Jerusalem ran knee deep with muslim blood during the first crusade.... they ALL have very long memories on both sides.

I see your point, but, this the crusades were a defensive war, the muslims conquered christians lands after mohammeds death in 632-656. Where Muslims nearly conquered, i.e. stole almost the entire christian world were it not for charles de martel, stopping them.

So while the muslims, may have memories, doesnt make them right, since they started this mess.

im sorry :eusa_wall:

Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin
what the bloody hell are you talking about?

Sorry, I'm abandoning posting any more articles to anywhere or commenting on such. From now on, I'll follow the new rules.

Oh, that was 'nice'.

Let's take the shortcut. Pass to 'moderate Islamicists' that just want us to convert. Beg not to be slaves or beheaded.

After Mohammed's death Mohammedanism aspired to become a world power and a universal religion. The weakness of the Byzantine Empire, the unfortunate rivalry between the Greek and Latin Churches, the schisms of Nestorius and Eutyches, the failing power of the Sassanian dynasty of Persia, the lax moral code of the new religion, the power of the sword and of fanaticism, the hope of plunder and the love of conquest — all these factors combined with the genius of the caliphs, the successors of Mohammed, to effect the conquest, in considerably less than a century, of Palestine, Syria, Mesopotamia, Egypt, North Africa, and the South of Spain. The Moslems even crossed the Pyrenees, threatening to stable their horses in St. Peter's at Rome, but were at last defeated by Charles Martel at Tours, in 732, just one hundred years from the death of Mohammed. This defeat arrested their western conquests and saved Europe.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10424a.htm

After Mohammed's death Mohammedanism aspired to become a world power and a universal religion. The weakness of the Byzantine Empire, the unfortunate rivalry between the Greek and Latin Churches, the schisms of Nestorius and Eutyches, the failing power of the Sassanian dynasty of Persia, the lax moral code of the new religion, the power of the sword and of fanaticism, the hope of plunder and the love of conquest — all these factors combined with the genius of the caliphs, the successors of Mohammed, to effect the conquest, in considerably less than a century, of Palestine, Syria, Mesopotamia, Egypt, North Africa, and the South of Spain. The Moslems even crossed the Pyrenees, threatening to stable their horses in St. Peter's at Rome, but were at last defeated by Charles Martel at Tours, in 732, just one hundred years from the death of Mohammed. This defeat arrested their western conquests and saved Europe.

But they are back and determined to win. Most Western countries, including ours, by a majority-ask MM, agree with them. Surrender and prostrate yourselves.

But they are back and determined to win. Most Western countries, including ours, by a majority-ask MM, agree with them. Surrender and prostrate yourselves.

kiss my ass. I do not agree that we should surrender to Islam. Either post a quote of mine that says such a thing or have the decency to retract that bullshit and give me the apology I so richly deserve!

kiss my ass. I do not agree that we should surrender to Islam. Either post a quote of mine that says such a thing or have the decency to retract that bullshit and give me the apology I so richly deserve!

Hey, I'm posting my pov, I have no need for finding zilch. It's implied by your posts and those you agree with. Maybe the new rules rock?

Hey, I'm posting my pov, I have no need for finding zilch. It's implied by your posts and those you agree with. Maybe the new rules rock?

it is "implied" by my posts that I think we should "surrender and prostrate ourselves" to Islam?

You are fucking loony.

Nothing I have EVER said comes CLOSE to implying such tripe.

YOu have just dropped about 2000 points in my estimation. I am really disappointed in you. Have you been drinking??

it is "implied" by my posts that I think we should "surrender and prostrate ourselves" to Islam?

You are fucking loony.

Nothing I have EVER said comes CLOSE to implying such tripe.

YOu have just dropped about 2000 points in my estimation. I am really disappointed in you. Have you been drinking??

Not at all. I've been reading the new board for a few weeks. Taking it all in, if you will. Seems where it's going.

Not at all. I've been reading the new board for a few weeks. Taking it all in, if you will. Seems where it's going.

like I said... for you to drunkenly suggest that I am "implying" that we "surender and prostrate ourselves to Islam" and then give ME a negative reputation comment worth beaucoup kathianne points merely because I call you on that idiocy is truly inebriated and infantile.

You've disappointed me tonight.

New Topics

Forum List

Back