How can Chicago afford a Musk high tech transport project?

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Isn't Chicago one of those broke way in the hole cities with poor financial management?
HOW in the world are they gonna take on that kind of debt project? 4 years with Musk can turn into 8-10 along with "oh by the way, we need more funding".
Like the Ambition, but wrong city to try it in.
I call dibs on writing the script for the first Chicago underground mob and gang film extension of "Death Wish" series.

Isn't Chicago one of those broke way in the hole cities with poor financial management?
HOW in the world are they gonna take on that kind of debt project? 4 years with Musk can turn into 8-10 along with "oh by the way, we need more funding".
I call dibs on writing the script for the first Chicago underground mob and gang film extension of "Death Wish" series.

Maybe you should actually find out what you are talking about.

The project is being funded by Musk and will be paid for by fairs when complete.

Money coming in does not pay bills due day one.
Interest on that debt is rising.
THE TIME to do these projects was when municipalities projects were at 4% which Chicago being poorly rated and Musk being so leveraged, it would be a higher rate.

Maybe you should actually find out what you are talking about.

The project is being funded by Musk and will be paid for by fairs when complete.

Doesn't sound feasible but okay......
Ionia_Fair.jpg

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage to replace tax revenue lost from the manufacturing sector.

The west coast, has a solution.

When you're as successful as Mr. Musk, you can come back and tell me what's feasible.
Busted! You refused to call Trump sucessful through his defaults on debt and now it is successful to borrow more then you make and be in the red. Also you have a double standard
"what is feasable" which your side has been at least
90% wrong thus far on what is feasable. *L*

Just put a 23.25% tax on hair hats

When you're as successful as Mr. Musk, you can come back and tell me what's feasible.

Sorry...I just dont see Fairs as being a viable way to pay for such an extravagant public service.
Even if you have the best barkers in the world I dont see it paying. The overhead alone would kill it.
800px-Erie_County_Fair_Midway%2C_2013.jpg

Busted! You refused to call Trump sucessful through his defaults on debt and now it is successful to borrow more then you make and be in the red. Also you have a double standard

Um, okay, guy... Trump is a guy who was born rich and spent his whole life scamming people.

Musk came from a working class background and is actually a legitimate billionaire.

And frankly, given that every recession has happened when the GOP is in charge, I think you side is the one that has no clue what it is doing...

Or maybe they know EXACTLY what they are doing, which is to crush the working class.

Um, okay, guy... Trump is a guy who was born rich and spent his whole life scamming people.

Musk came from a working class background and is actually a legitimate billionaire.

And frankly, given that every recession has happened when the GOP is in charge, I think you side is the one that has no clue what it is doing...

Or maybe they know EXACTLY what they are doing, which is to crush the working class.
You talk about his being born rich as if he
didn't work twice as many hours then most of us.
You might have no idea what it's like being in the Building and Real Estate business, there's lots of people and situations to manage, people screw up alot and try to make you
"because your rich" pay for their responsibilities, and even blackmail people like that knowing they can tarnish their name, therefore you are demonizing him for
sticking up for himself and his rights.
Ironically you also demonize him when he gives in to the blackmail, so he can't win either way with your logic.
I'LL GIVE YOU EXAMPLES :
I have seen roofers start roofs and siding guys start siding jobs on the wrong home wrong address. The person getting the freebie is not responsible to pay unless they comitted fraud by leading on the worker to the wrong job.
The person who was supposed to get the work done contracted at a certain time period and price is not responsible if the company tries to up the job price for their mistake or if they only install what material was left over from the error and filed completion or promised time period.
IF you blame the abused owner of the building contracted to receive the roof or siding for not paying in full and call him scammer or dead beat then you have no idea what real dead beats and scammers are doing. NOT INTENDING ON PAYING YOUR COMPLETION HALF OF A CONTRACT on 2 different jobs from 2 different companies is a scammer, not paying your full bill, because you have rights and reasons for it (like fixing their mistake cost more) is not.

Paying for your daughter's wedding with money earmarked for social activism or foundation funds is what scamming is.
Destroying evidence that is requested to be handed over by authorities then denying you did it while illegally paying your IT guy's lawyer fees is considered scamming.

You talk about his being born rich as if he
didn't work twice as many hours then most of us.
You might have no idea what it's like being in the Building and Real Estate business, there's lots of people and situations to manage, people screw up alot and try to make you
"because your rich" pay for their responsibilities, and even blackmail people like that knowing they can tarnish their name, therefore you are demonizing him for
sticking up for himself and his rights.
Ironically you also demonize him when he gives in to the blackmail, so he can't win either way with your logic.
I'LL GIVE YOU EXAMPLES :
I have seen roofers start roofs and siding guys start siding jobs on the wrong home wrong address. The person getting the freebie is not responsible to pay unless they comitted fraud by leading on the worker to the wrong job.
The person who was supposed to get the work done contracted at a certain time period and price is not responsible if the company tries to up the job price for their mistake or if they only install what material was left over from the error and filed completion or promised time period.
IF you blame the abused owner of the building contracted to receive the roof or siding for not paying in full and call him scammer or dead beat then you have no idea what real dead beats and scammers are doing. NOT INTENDING ON PAYING YOUR COMPLETION HALF OF A CONTRACT on 2 different jobs from 2 different companies is a scammer, not paying your full bill, because you have rights and reasons for it (like fixing their mistake cost more) is not.

Paying for your daughter's wedding with money earmarked for social activism or foundation funds is what scamming is.
Destroying evidence that is requested to be handed over by authorities then denying you did it while illegally paying your IT guy's lawyer fees is considered scamming.

Forum List

Back