Zone1 How can a voice tone be racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need some critical thinking and reading skills. Your link does not imply the passengers tone of voice was "racist," it said, "her tone was a threat when she spoke about a delay."

SHE, is the one that claims, they are being racist, just because they didn't like her tone of voice.

1660168121080.png

The airline says she is threatening, she is claiming they are just racist. . .

Honestly, she may be right. There ARE a lot of members on this very forum, who are threatened by folks, just because they are black.

But? Most times, it is a non sequitur.

The only way for us to be objective on this incident? Is for us to see the instant replay.

FILM? :dunno:

There ARE a lot of members on this very forum, who are threatened by folks, just because they are black.
There are a lot of members on this forum who are threatened when asked to explain their idiotic posts. Are you one of them?

I think you need some critical thinking and reading skills. Your link does not imply the passengers tone of voice was "racist," it said, "her tone was a threat when she spoke about a delay."

SHE, is the one that claims, they are being racist, just because they didn't like her tone of voice.

View attachment 680401

The airline says she is threatening, she is claiming they are just racist. . .

Honestly, she may be right. There ARE a lot of members on this very forum, who are threatened by folks, just because they are black.

But? Most times, it is a non sequitur.

The only way for us to be objective on this incident? Is for us to see the instant replay.

FILM? :dunno:
It was linked in the article. The lady seems animated but not threatening.

Last edited:
It was linked in the article. The lady seems animated but not threatening.

I did not see the external links to the BusinessInsider and the NYPost articles. Thanks.

Agreed, she does not seem to be a threat.

That twitter post, is only 45 seconds, so, I am still suspicious. If the ENTIRE confrontation was like that, yeah, American Airlines, probably did go a bit too far.

What has me most concerned, is this;

". . .The Passenger Refunds Department referred Norman to her travel agency to get the money back, while the agency sent her back to the airline, according to emails obtained by The Post.

Days later, American Airlines returned her bags and issued a $125 trip credit, just a fraction of the $2,145 it cost her for two round trip tickets to Grenada, including taxes and fees. Her complaint remains in limbo, while she and her family are grounded in New York City."

Corporations and Government in this nation, seemed to have gone full fascist, regardless of your skin tone.

It is a good thing she wasn't wearing a Trump hat, or they wouldn't have bothered to ban her, they would have just carted her right off to GITMO for that behavior.

:auiqs.jpg:

Maybe the OP might study tone policing and urge some of her fellow right wing members to stop doing it.

Maybe the OP might study tone policing and urge some of her fellow right wing members to stop doing it.
One thing to improve the tone is to disallow posters from telling others to STFU, and to urge his fellow left-wingers to stop doing it,

Fair enough?

Thread has NO Opost. Just a link. Wouldn't even qualify for Zone2 discussion.

And FRANKLY -- I'd have to delete half the posts in here for "taking a bad tone" with other posters. Something that NEVER should exist in civil discussion.

It's not really a Race relations thread. It's more of a Pete Buttigieg problem with airlines being overworked and understaffed to run their routes efficiently. It's ANECTDOTAL. It's generalizing and stereotyping. If you want to discuss this as a "Current Event" or Gen Discussion -- that would be fine with the proper Opening Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back