How Bob Gates’s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
As we all know this won't hurt Hillary at all. What difference does it make? But do remember this is a democrat making the allegations not Glen Beck.

How Bob Gates?s memoir could haunt Hillary in 2016

In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

She is also going to have to answer for Benghazi.

Her answer will be, "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"
Been hearing about this all day...many folks are going to have some serious explanations...but then (and mark my words)...will be attributed by those accused of being victims of a former disgruntled employee...WATCH for it.

As we all know this won't hurt Hillary at all. What difference does it make? But do remember this is a democrat making the allegations not Glen Beck.

In a new memoir of his time as secretary of defense in the Obama administration, Gates writes: “Hillary told the president that her opposition to the [2007] surge in Iraq had been political because she was facing him in the Iowa primary. . . . The president conceded vaguely that opposition to the Iraq surge had been political. To hear the two of them making these admissions, and in front of me, was as surprising as it was dismaying.”

You think Bush would appoint a Democrat for Secretary Of Defense?

Born
Robert Michael Gates
September 25, 1943 (age 70)
Wichita, Kansas

Political party
Republican Party[1]

Spouse(s)
Becky Gates

Alma mater
College of William & Mary (B.A.)
Indiana University (M.A.)
Georgetown University (Ph.D.)

Signature

Robert Gates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is a republican

Robert Michael Gates (born September 25, 1943) is a retired civil servant and university president who served as the 22nd United States Secretary of Defense from 2006 to 2011. Prior to this, Gates served for 26 years in the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Council, and under President George H. W. Bush as Director of Central Intelligence. Gates was also an officer in the United States Air Force and during the early part of his military career, he was recruited by the CIA.[2][3] After leaving the CIA, Gates became president of Texas A&M University and was a member of several corporate boards. Gates also served as a member of the Iraq Study Group, the bipartisan commission co-chaired by James A. Baker III and Lee H. Hamilton, that has studied the Iraq War. He was also the first pick to serve as the first Director of National Intelligence (DNI), but he declined the appointment in order to remain President of Texas A&M University.[4]

Gates accepted the nomination for Secretary of Defense on November 8, 2006, replacing Donald Rumsfeld. He was confirmed with bipartisan support.[5] In a 2007 profile written by former National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski, Time named Gates one of the year's most influential people.[5] In 2008, Gates was named one of America's Best Leaders by U.S. News & World Report.[6] He continued to serve as Secretary of Defense in President Barack Obama's administration.[7

To who?

The right can’t stand her anyway and the center simply stopped caring a year ago. The left would vote for her if killed kittens and ate them on national television. There is the rub. IF Hillary runs, the right MUST come up with a new narrative. Holding onto the points that the right cares about might sound good to those that are on board with you but they are complete losers in the general. The right needs to find issues that the center actually cares about and beat the dems on THOSE issues, not past blunders that are only important to voters that were never going to vote for her in the first place.

The average voter has the attention span of a fruit fly and beating the Benghazi drum for yet another election is a sure way to lose.

To who?

The right can’t stand her anyway and the center simply stopped caring a year ago. The left would vote for her if killed kittens and ate them on national television. There is the rub. IF Hillary runs, the right MUST come up with a new narrative. Holding onto the points that the right cares about might sound good to those that are on board with you but they are complete losers in the general. The right needs to find issues that the center actually cares about and beat the dems on THOSE issues, not past blunders that are only important to voters that were never going to vote for her in the first place.

The average voter has the attention span of a fruit fly and beating the Benghazi drum for yet another election is a sure way to lose.
Sadly? You are correct. Too many Americans are looking for freebies anyway...and what they will focus on.

You think Bush would appoint a Democrat for Secretary Of Defense?

Thanks for pointing it out. After I posted it I realized my mistake. But, in my defense, Obama did leave him in his position.

Please let Bob Gates sink Hillary's desire to be President. She would be a disaster. Thinks to the efforts of the Republicans.

If the Dems take control of the House and maintain control in the Senate, maybe she could make it work.

But I have serious doubts.

If you all think Obama's been attacked, nominate Hillary. You ain't seen nothing yet.

No she wont.

In my opinion you are correct. As long as the media doesn't care then the country won't care. Nixon, if Obama today, would not have been hounded out of office. Sad that a gay man is murdered, dragged through the street and no on the left seems to care.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. Why do you think Gates is a Democrat. Did you hear it from Rush/Sean/Glenn?

Like President Bush answered for 9-11.

Before you say it. We'd need the Government to release all the Presidential Daily briefings from the summer of 2001. I think we need a real investigation to the massive security failures that led to the gravest terrorist attack on US Soil in history. You know, ones where the witnesses testify under oath!

guys benghazi is going to get you the same shame your fast and furious crap lies got you

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously. Why do you think Gates is a Democrat. Did you hear it from Rush/Sean/Glenn?

Fox news

remember when they kept saying Rs getting caught in sex scandals were dems

New Topics

Forum List

Back